New Official Terraria Wiki Launches Today!

Can comfirm the spectral armor page looks very bonked up at the moment.
1653152678501.png

Last edited:
OK, I had one problem with the old wiki, and I've seen it has been ported to the new wiki as well.

It uses way too many templates. It's impossible to edit anything.

I'll give an example:

At the moment of writing this post, these two pages list the Giant Bat as immune to the Cursed Inferno and Ichor debuffs. This is plain wrong: I've just started the game, looked for Giant Bats, and started hitting them with Cursed Flames and Golden Shower, they clearly caught fire and turned yellow.

I've clicked the Edit button to fix the mistake, and that box with the wrong info looks like this in the editing window:

== Immune NPCs ==
{{immunities|Cursed Inferno}}

It seems like the page is using info that is stored elsewhere. Where? No idea. I've been looking for the page that actually contains the list of enemies immune to Cursed Inferno (or Ichor), and I've been completely unable to find it. I can't fix the mistake because it's impossible to find it.

What's the funniest thing? Someone commented a few pages ago in this thread that the old wiki was full of wrong info. But ironically, the old wiki has the right info here: the mistake must have been made after the new wiki was created.

This problem has existed for a long time, this is not new. I think this is one of the reasons behind that complaint that the old wiki was full of mistakes: they're too hard to correct. And now, this is also present in the new wiki. This needs to be fixed: IMO this is a much bigger problem than the ads.

After finding the templates page for immunities and reading the source code, it looks like it scans every NPC page to see if it has the immunity, and if so, it displays it. But yeah, the overreliance on templates is a problem if you need to edit the template, as usually it requires you to know some form of wiki code.

EDIT: By the way, I noticed an issue where the template links to the player's ghost in hardcore mode instead of the NPC, and I would have fixed it except I have no idea how.

Last edited:
in new wiki page, no link to this website(of course,forums top page). why?(old wiki, have link to this website)
無題.png

無題2.png

Last edited:
So I went to the Bamboo Leaf page and...
ooohhhhh dear....
1653639422013.png

this doesn't seem right. Reloading fixed it right away, too (noticed before posting), but still, might be a good idea to look into this issue.

For some reason the wiki doesn't function properly when opened using Steam's overlay browser. Not sure if that can be fixed, but if it can that would be nice, considering I want to be able to use the wiki without needing to either tab out of the game or grab my phone.

For some reason the wiki doesn't function properly when opened using Steam's overlay browser. Not sure if that can be fixed, but if it can that would be nice, considering I want to be able to use the wiki without needing to either tab out of the game or grab my phone.

Should be fixed now - really appreciate the report! I had never thought to look there... which is in hindsight a big miss.

1654787220258.png

Let me guess: you finally got sick of Fandom.com's ad placement? (I really don't like fandom or the gamepedia merge. I adopted one of their wikis shortly before all of that went down, and kind of felt blindsided by the mess the "Unified Community Platform" created, even on fandom-native wikis.)
Glad that D&D Beyond has now been taken out of fandoms grubby corrupt hands and is now owned by Sword Coast, the owners of D&D! I hate Fandom.com with every fiber of my very being.

That’s great! Finally a terraria wiki we can trust. fandom wikis keep getting raided. Remember calamity wiki getting raided? Like this if you do!

Fandom has vandalism:
emptying sites
entering UHUIDHuohoqijdoiqwwpodjouhfwouhouiqfhuioehfoiuqhbewiufhwiedjoiwjefoijweoifjdoiewjfoiwjeidojoewijd

Back
Top Bottom