New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Launching Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearConscious

Terrarian
Pipeworks Studio
Update: The patch is now available to download on Xbox One & PS4.

Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch will be releasing Tuesday, December 11th at 10:00AM (Pacific Time) on PS4 & Xbox One. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the update to propagate to your console.

As we explained in our previous “State of the Game” posts, the team was focused primarily on a Unity Game Engine update. This was done to remove some tech debt that accumulated during development.

Think of it as game development housekeeping.

We were also able to address several noteworthy bugs that were reported by the community which you can check out below.

Multiplayer & Split-Screen Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where multiplayer players would be stuck in an infinite load after the host force quit Terraria.
  • Fixed several bugs that would occur from exiting and re-entering both split-screen and online multiplayer in different ways.
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to add the maximum number of split-screen players into a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a bug where accessories equipped or unequipped would not be reflected for either the host or other players in the session.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes freeze for the host when multiple players joined the game simultaneously.
  • Fixed a bug where the player would fail to navigate to a multiplayer session after accepting the invitation while they hosted a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a few other crashes that occurred from different actions surrounding console invitations.

Functionality Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the crafting menu to not update when the player ran out of material while in auto-pause.
  • Fixed a couple of different bugs related to sign-in changes on Xbox One.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the cursor movement to become inconsistent when the extendo grip was equipped.

General Crash Fixes
  • Fixed several PS4 crashes that were reported via the System Crash Reporter.
    • Includes fix for Daybreak Weapon crash.
    • Includes fix for crashes that occurred while mining.
    • Includes other miscellaneous gameplay crashes.

Performance Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the frame-rate would drop drastically when the primary player would exit and rejoin a session several times.

Art & Text Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the defense stats of armors would flicker when equipped.
  • Fixed several localization bugs.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see this game still getting updated. Even tho I stopped playing it because of the update the changed the UI and such.

To me the current UI works well for pc/mouse/KB. But not for controller. The old UI was much much better for console. I just wish there was a way to go back to it :/ The whole reason I bought the console versions was for the ease of use.

Last edited:
Patch notes aren't as long as I'd have thought after about 9 months. But from what I know 7 days still haven't managed to update their unity engine for console so good job getting that done so fast.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but since the update my world on Xbox One has been crashing every time I load it up.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but since the update my world on Xbox One has been crashing every time I load it up.
Works for me so far, but I haven't checked all my worlds yet.

So far so good; movement feels more fluid now though there are still a slight stuttering when moving fast. Still, better than before. I haven't clocked it but load times feels faster. I did clock world generation; generating a large expert mode world used to take around 5 minutes in the previous update, now it takes about 4 minutes.

Last edited:
interesting looks like patch only fixed half map reveal bug along the edges
uncovers 4 more blocks, still needs 4 more to get to the edge of the playable world
and another 3 to show as much as before the 1.3 update

---

Crafting still broken, things still disappear from the menu while making them :(

edit-
Set Autopause to off and was able to turn 10x999 Stone Slabs to 40x999 Stone Slab Walls with no problems

Last edited:
Can we get keyboard and mouse compatibility for ps4 edition please??? This would make it so much easier to use the new U.I. i dont have the money for a pc but i do have a keyboard and mouse i can use. If you could add that compatibility, that would be so amazing

Can we get keyboard and mouse compatibility for ps4 edition please??? This would make it so much easier to use the new U.I. i dont have the money for a pc but i do have a keyboard and mouse i can use. If you could add that compatibility, that would be so amazing

i two have been wanting that

There's WAY too many to do one issue per form, especially when it's got too many drop-down boxes (how many types of PS4 are there..?).

What annoys me about the issue reporting is when it asks for all the detailed information about specific model and OS. I got my Xbox One used; I don't know what specific model it is or OS it has. I've never paid any attention. As long as it works, I honestly don't care. And the issue I want them to fix has been reported across all platforms anyway.

Ya'll should increase the speed of the Manual Cursor when using a weapon like the YoYos.
Agreed. I think the issue might be that they's have to go through every item in the game and assign it its; own cursor speed, which would be a lot of man-hours. I'd be happy with a "cursor speed" slider in the general options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom