• Nice! We need this

• Meh

• To much like Otherworld

• I hate this

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Flaming Crown

Skeletron Prime
(Sorry if my grammar is poor)

The Terra Blade is a Legendary Sword, yet it is crafted at an Anvil. The Night's Edge, a lesser sword, is crafted at an Altar. To me that seems strange, why would you give a lesser sword a grander forging? This would add a new crafting station to specifically forge the Terra Blade and True swords.

The Purity Obelisk would generate in the center of the world when hardmode is activated, except when there is an artificially placed block or wall with in 15 blocks, then it would be moved to the left until it met its requirements.

The Obelisk is tall, green, and supposedly made out of the same material as the Terra Blade. It has a ring on the top that hosts an image of either the sun, moon style and phase, blood moon and phase, solar eclipse, or the pumpkin and frost moons with phases.

When it is first generated it is short, and has hieroglyphics of the 3 metal bosses imprinted on it. After you kill them, their hieroglyphics glow a bright yellow, and the Obelisk grows a little. During these phases, the obelisk can be used to craft True Swords, but only at night.

After all 3 hieroglyphs glow, the obelisk grows about 20 blocks and a new heieroglyph appears. You guessed it, Plantera. The obelisk during this phase can be used to craft the Terra Blade, but only during 1 minute after/until dusk, dawn, midnight, and Noon

After Plantera is downed, the obelisk gives a healing effect within 100 blocks and removes all debuffs. The debuffs will only be canceled once a day. A golem heieroglyph appears also.

After Golem is downed, the obelisk heals all heath & debuffs once every 3 minutes of being in range.

The purity of the world effects the apperance and effect of the Obelisk.

At 10% Corrupt/Crimson: The obelisk heals 10% slower and splotches of Red/Purple appear on the obelisk
At 25% Corrupt/Crimson: The obelisk heals 25% slower and large splotches of Red/Purple appear
At 50% Corrupr/Crimson: The obelisk heals 50% slower, the obelisk in half purple/red, and the Terra Blade doesn't craft
At 100% Corrupt/Crimson: The obelisk doesn't function at all, is totaly purple/red and radiates corrupt particles.
At 10% Hallow: The obelisk increases monster spawns by 10%
At 25% Hallow: The obelisk increases monster spawns by 30%
At 50% Hallow: The obelisk increases monster spawns by 5x
At 100% Hallow: The obelisk increases monster spawns by 10x and enimes spawn close to houses

If someone was to provide me with sprites I would appreciate it

Last edited:
meh. I don't like any of the debuff part, and it seems a little annoying since its in the center of the world. Other than that, it's a pretty good idea. :)

Maybe some Terra altar would fit better, white and gold, crafted out of hallowed bars and souls.

meh. I don't like any of the debuff part, and it seems a little annoying since its in the center of the world. Other than that, it's a pretty good idea. :)
The point of it is to be annoying, it's something that motivates you to purify your world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425681338][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe some Terra altar would fit better, white and gold, crafted out of hallowed bars and souls.
I thought about an altar, but I decided on an obelisk because I think it fits the style better.

The point of it is to be annoying, it's something that motivates you to purify your world.
This isn't a solution by forcing the player to constantly check on the Corruption's/Crimson's growth. In fact, if it motivates to purify your world, then shouldn't the Hallow also do debuffs? Also, this takes up valuable space for Hardmode builders, and it could be made simpler by making you use something end-game and in-game (hint hint Lizhard Altar) Overall, no support.

That's a really cool idea, it just bothers me how little you would craft at it. Terra Blade isn't even the best sword, not worth the trouble in my opinion.

As stated previously, if it was trying to motivate you to purify your world, the Hallow should have a negative effect on the altar as well. Actually, I'd make it so that both have a positive and a negative effect on the altar. The Hallow would give poorer swords upon crafting (bad modifiers), but better and more frequent buffs. The Dark Biome would give superior swords upon crafting (better modifiers), but poorer and less frequent buffs. That's still not a very balanced altar, but whatever.
Terra Blade isn't even the best sword, not worth the trouble in my opinion.
Pardon me for making what's probably a rather biased assumption, but I'm guessing that you're one of the people who thinks that The Horseman's Blade is better?
Have a link.
If I'm mistaken and that assumption is incorrect, then my apologies. The Terra Blade does have the best DPS of any sword, though.

So, basically, make the terra blade from post one mech to post all mechs? All because it doesn't make sense? You strap dynamite to rabbits and shoot them out of a cannon!
Plus Cenx has confirmed Terra Blade post plantera.
it is virtually impossible to have 0 percent corruption. And what if you have 10 percent corruption and 10 percent hallow?

At 10% Hallow: The obelisk heals 5% faster and splotches of cyan appear
At 25% Hallow: The obelisk heals 12% faster and large splotches of cyan appear
At 50% Hallow: The obelisk heals 25% faster, the obelisk is half cyan, and True sworswordsds generate with a positive prefex
At 100% Hallow: The obelisk heals 50% faster, is totaly cyan, and can be used 10 times a day
The Hallow isn't supposed to be good. It's just as evil as the corruption. It should be the more Pure your world is, the better the obelisk works. Large quantities of Hallow should have a negative effect.

This isn't a solution by forcing the player to constantly check on the Corruption's/Crimson's growth. In fact, if it motivates to purify your world, then shouldn't the Hallow also do debuffs? Also, this takes up valuable space for Hardmode builders, and it could be made simpler by making you use something end-game and in-game (hint hint Lizhard Altar) Overall, no support.

As stated previously, if it was trying to motivate you to purify your world, the Hallow should have a negative effect on the altar as well. Actually, I'd make it so that both have a positive and a negative effect on the altar. The Hallow would give poorer swords upon crafting (bad modifiers), but better and more frequent buffs. The Dark Biome would give superior swords upon crafting (better modifiers), but poorer and less frequent buffs. That's still not a very balanced altar, but whatever.

Pardon me for making what's probably a rather biased assumption, but I'm guessing that you're one of the people who thinks that The Horseman's Blade is better?
Have a link.
If I'm mistaken and that assumption is incorrect, then my apologies. The Terra Blade does have the best DPS of any sword, though.

The Hallow isn't supposed to be good. It's just as evil as the corruption. It should be the more Pure your world is, the better the obelisk works. Large quantities of Hallow should have a negative effect.

OK, OK, I changed it to spawn more monsters with more Hallow.
That's a really cool idea, it just bothers me how little you would craft at it. Terra Blade isn't even the best sword, not worth the trouble in my opinion.
What would you suggest it crafts then?

Also, you know you can move it like any other furniture item with a pickaxe.

Problem is, increasing spawns only opens the door for exploits and mob farms. Moreover, if the C-biome negates Terra Blade creation, so too should the Hallow. If the Terra Blade is representative of total purity, then an imbalance of C-biome or Hallow should make for problems in its creation. The negative effects provided by the Hallow should correspond in an equal, but opposite manner. That is to say, the Hallow debuff should lower your stats in exchange for a boosted healing rate. You could also make the C-biome buff stats in exchange for reduced healing.

Let me tell you, i have seen 3 times monster spawns, and it is not pretty. I shudder at 10 times monster spawns.

Also what is the point now? No casual person would have use for this, as they will be faced witg this stuff. I personally always keep the spreading biomes around.

What I think is this: The Terra blade is made of total purity and power, correct? Then the damage should be increased to at least 200, (mainly because godly possessed hatchet is better) and the flying duplicates Follow enemies and/or goes through walls. The only catch is, For the obelisk to be able to craft it, The whole world has to be Completely purified. No corruption, nor crimson, nor hallow. Nata. I think it would be fun and challenging (and COMPLETELY worth it.)

God no. It is virtually impossible to purify the whole world. And that is rediculously overpowered. The meowmere has that much damage before balancing.

while i think your idea is pretty cool, it just doesn't really fit in terraria anywhere unfortunately, also even with major tweaking, it is still a bit unrealistic for what terraria needs in scale of balancing of any nature. i'm sorry to say, i can't support this idea, but kudos for being very creative :)

I was thinking of people having 2 worlds and purifying one of them before hard mode, and then when hard mode is on in the world do not break any of the altars, secure the area around the hallow, and take it out completely. Simple. And use the second world to do what you please.

(How do you know how much damage meowmere does? o_O)

I'm not against this suggestion, per se, but I don't like it for a different reason: There are too many crafting stations. When I went through a crafting binge, the thing that annoyed me the most was the pointlessness and inconsistency of most of these.
The difference between the Work Bench and Heavy Work Bench seems to be a few text statues. (I don't think the latter is even an upgrade of the former.) There are a further three crafting stations with only one purpose and another 10 that only do furniture sets.

So I'm sorry, but I don't want another crafting station.

Now to the other effects of the obelisk...
Firstly, I'd rather it be (re)moveable so I could place it where I wanted. It could spawn as a collectible item in the 'cage' when the WoF is defeated.
100% coverage may be near-impossible to attain due to things like Floating Islands, the Jungle (which Hallow can't spread through) and small areas that have a 3-5 block radius through which the biomes can't spread (it happens!). 75% might be more achievable. (Having said that, I don't know how blocks such as Ash in the Underworld count toward the percentage.)
I personally like the idea of increasing monster spawns though.

I'm not against this suggestion, per se, but I don't like it for a different reason: There are too many crafting stations. When I went through a crafting binge, the thing that annoyed me the most was the pointlessness and inconsistency of most of these.
The difference between the Work Bench and Heavy Work Bench seems to be a few text statues. (I don't think the latter is even an upgrade of the former.) There are a further three crafting stations with only one purpose and another 10 that only do furniture sets.

So I'm sorry, but I don't want another crafting station.

Now to the other effects of the obelisk...
Firstly, I'd rather it be (re)moveable so I could place it where I wanted. It could spawn as a collectible item in the 'cage' when the WoF is defeated.
100% coverage may be near-impossible to attain due to things like Floating Islands, the Jungle (which Hallow can't spread through) and small areas that have a 3-5 block radius through which the biomes can't spread (it happens!). 75% might be more achievable. (Having said that, I don't know how blocks such as Ash in the Underworld count toward the percentage.)
I personally like the idea of increasing monster spawns though.
It is removable.
OK, OK, I changed it to spawn more monsters with more Hallow.

What would you suggest it crafts then?

Also, you know you can move it like any other furniture item with a pickaxe.

I feel like this is unnessescary. Sure it gives buffs, but it is only used to craft three items. If there were more items to craft with this thing, I might support it. Also the part about the corruption is a bit annoying, because as far as I know, most people just ignore the corruption.

This is kinda unnecessary, I personally think the anvil is fine and doesn't really need an alternate just to craft a sword that is outshined by other melee weapons. In a way its kind of fitting such a weapon is made at an anvil, because it may be cool but in the end it can't even compete with a rare hammer.

Back
Top Bottom