Official New Terraria Toy Line - Your Feedback Needed!

How should the new line of Terraria-based toys be made?

• Detailed, Static "Statues" that work best as collectibles for display

Votes: 157 66.2%
  • Action figures with some level of articulation (limb movement) that would work better for "play"

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • No real preference

Votes: 32 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This would be awesome. But I would like them to a bit exaggerated than sticking with actual game content, making it look more impressive than a copper shortsword hitting a slime. Also, I would like them to be good quality, in terms of strength and durability. Also, expanding on @Gotcha!'s idea, Terraria Monopoly would be cool, or another unique board game, one that includes building, kind of like a waaaaay better mouse trap game.

Hello there. I'm a fan of Terraria since... 1.2.? I was stoked to hear you guys were getting toys, but over here in Malaysia, Jazwares toys are not readily available. But then again, I admit, I wasn't feeling the toys anyway.

I'm a toy collector. I have a stupidly large collection of all sorts of toys like G.I. Joe, S.H. Figuarts, Transformers, S.I.C., Figma and assorted.

So, talking about Terraria. In my view, 3.75" or 4" or 1/18th scale probably won't really work. At 3.75", you'd be shorter than a lot of current toys in the 1/18th scale market, because Marvel universe pushed everyone to 4". At 4", well, I'm going to assume you guys won't be having super detailed figures like G.I. Joes or S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii. Instead, you'd probably be something like Bandai of America's Power Rangers at best? And those don't really appeal to the adult collector. They lack both detail and a level of articulation that the modern collector has grown accustomed to.

Now, I love articulation. I'm a toy collector after all. So I'm just not sure I'd dig statues either.

So what WOULD I want? Well, as I sit here writing this, I have a bunch of Halo figures from Mega Bloks on my desk. So why not something like those? 2.5" scale with 12 points of articulation. Balljointed neck (x1), balljointed shoulders (x2), hinged elbows (x2), swivel wrists (x2), swivel waist (x1), balljointed hips (x2) and hinged knees (x2). Now, that might sound like a lot, BUT, what if each segment represents a piece of Terraria Armor? That would allow for a lot of mix and matching, that's in the spirit of Terraria.

In terms of detail, you wouldn't need the level of sculpting and weathering that you'd see on a Halo Mega Bloks. I'd be fine with distinct designs and a flat finish. And I imagine there can be a lot of parts recycling, particularly for the arms and lower torso, since it's not like those have great detail in the game either. Most legs in the game either look like regular legs or bell bottoms. So presumably those can help in reducing the cost. Not to mention, all the recolors/parts recycling you can do in general.

The hands would be similar to what's used in LEGO and Mega Bloks, and would be compatible with those lines. Which means weapons would be cross compatible as well.

For monsters/critters, those I don't mind being regular "statues". But Mega Bloks level minifigs would not only be great for Terraria, but you'd be fulfilling the medieval fantasy niche in that scale.

Just my 2 cents.

Hello there. I'm a fan of Terraria since... 1.2.? I was stoked to hear you guys were getting toys, but over here in Malaysia, Jazwares toys are not readily available. But then again, I admit, I wasn't feeling the toys anyway.

I'm a toy collector. I have a stupidly large collection of all sorts of toys like G.I. Joe, S.H. Figuarts, Transformers, S.I.C., Figma and assorted.

So, talking about Terraria. In my view, 3.75" or 4" or 1/18th scale probably won't really work. At 3.75", you'd be shorter than a lot of current toys in the 1/18th scale market, because Marvel universe pushed everyone to 4". At 4", well, I'm going to assume you guys won't be having super detailed figures like G.I. Joes or S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii. Instead, you'd probably be something like Bandai of America's Power Rangers at best? And those don't really appeal to the adult collector. They lack both detail and a level of articulation that the modern collector has grown accustomed to.

Now, I love articulation. I'm a toy collector after all. So I'm just not sure I'd dig statues either.

So what WOULD I want? Well, as I sit here writing this, I have a bunch of Halo figures from Mega Bloks on my desk. So why not something like those? 2.5" scale with 12 points of articulation. Balljointed neck (x1), balljointed shoulders (x2), hinged elbows (x2), swivel wrists (x2), swivel waist (x1), balljointed hips (x2) and hinged knees (x2). Now, that might sound like a lot, BUT, what if each segment represents a piece of Terraria Armor? That would allow for a lot of mix and matching, that's in the spirit of Terraria.

In terms of detail, you wouldn't need the level of sculpting and weathering that you'd see on a Halo Mega Bloks. I'd be fine with distinct designs and a flat finish. And I imagine there can be a lot of parts recycling, particularly for the arms and lower torso, since it's not like those have great detail in the game either. Most legs in the game either look like regular legs or bell bottoms. So presumably those can help in reducing the cost. Not to mention, all the recolors/parts recycling you can do in general.

The hands would be similar to what's used in LEGO and Mega Bloks, and would be compatible with those lines. Which means weapons would be cross compatible as well.

For monsters/critters, those I don't mind being regular "statues". But Mega Bloks level minifigs would not only be great for Terraria, but you'd be fulfilling the medieval fantasy niche in that scale.

Just my 2 cents.

x9YHRyM.jpg

Okay, now imagine that minifig's wearing the Gold Armor set, the unicorn pony is the game's Unicorn mount and the Knock Off LEGO accessory is say, the pirate Cutlass.

I mean, as a Terraria fan, I'd be fine with anything so long as I can get it either locally of if the shipping fee isn't too high.

But as a toy collector, I think you'd be better off producing tiny statues or go the minifig route. If going statue, I'd say either go smaller than Amiibo or just outright be complimentary to Amiibo. If you go smaller, again, at maybe the 2.5" or 2" range, then at least they could be used as minis for board games.

I would say DON'T bother going for semi-articulation. "Staction Figures" have never been particularly well received from what I can tell. Too "neither fish nor fowl". People want statues because they're pretty and relatively durable and they want hyper articulation for the knowledge that it's hyper articulated. It doesn't matter that they never use that articulation. A toy guy would give high marks to a hyper articulated figure, then just have it stand in a straight, static pose on the shelf. We're all crazy like that.

Maybe there could be a collector's edition action figure of the Lunar Events..
The Moon Lord would be a very large action figure.
The Moon Lord could have in-game sounds, including the Phantasmal Bolt, Roars and Moon Lord theme.
It could have 3 True Eyes of Cthulhu as side figures.
The pack could also have a Solar Flare, Vortex, Nebula and Stardust Armor figure.
It also could include a Terrarian, Meowmere, Last Prism and Rainbow Crystal Staff for figure weapons.
It could also include a Ancient Manipulator, and maybe a Lunatic Cultist figure.
It could include the four lunar pillars too.

A suggestion for the Destroyer. Make it a modable fig. Like, you buy a pack of Gold Armor Terrarian and one of the accessories is a Destroyer piece which can be plugged into other Destroyer pieces. Perhaps just by way of a simple ball joint on one end and a socket in the other.

That way, the more toys you buy, the longer the Destroyer gets.

Ok, here is what I think would interesting to see merchandised:

1. Posters/Artwork - reasonably priced.
Autographed maybe from the artist and members of the Re-Logic IP for additional charge specifically for the collectors.​
2. Male/Female figures with basic clothing like starting a newb character and maybe a pick and sword.
  • Armour outfits - make them so you can mix up like in game. example:Copper boots, Silver breastplate, Golden crown.
  • Town NPC outfits
  • Customizable clothing like that can be found in game.
  • Weapon kits - all the different weapons/shields/fishing gear that can be found/crafted in game. At least the end game and boss drops... even treasure bags :)
  • The above items sold as accessories for the figures
3. Town NPC specific figures, even a golden bunny or maybe you would get a golden bunny randomly inside an accessory pack if you are lucky.
4. Special Boss type figures
NPC and character figures to be scaled as in game(4"-6"). exception for some of the bosses (WoF and MoonLord of coarse lol)​
5. The "toys to life" style would be nice size/style for a chess set or just for collectables in general. (This may be something interesting as the Terraria franchise grows with the release of Terraria: Otherworld and the future Terraria 2.
6. Biome specific throw blankets. Most kids seem to like these and they could take the figure and play in the jungle/ocean/forest... with the blankets.
7. Plush pillows of any the NPCs and bosses.

PLEASE NOTE: Stay away from the minecraft style with any new products, as in my opinion it really takes away from the Terraria IP. I know some people think they are alike and don't mind the comparison, but it does not work for me at all.

Hmm... Here's what I think would be awesome.

1. Remember that Night's Edge Daimera made? Well, we could use more awesomeness like that.

2. Things everyone will be able to use, like bags, watches, etc.

And of course,
3. More Plushies!

You know what would be cool? A suspicious looking tentacle that, when turned inside out, becomes a true eye of Cthulhu.
So like a popple... The simple fact they turn into a ball by that method. That would be ironically interesting way to go about it; and maybe having some of other summons doing the same. :dryadsmile:

It does seem great to remodel the toys. I'm one of the "younger" people on the Forums, yet the (current) figures look too much like something else. But yeah.

Back
Top Bottom