NPCs & Enemies NPCs

Круто

Terrarian
Why does only the Merchant Skeleton have interaction with other enemies like other skeletons? Why doesn't the Truffle have this with enemies from the truffle biome if they are all his relatives? It's also kind of strange to see how some enemies can damage the Dryad... The Princess NPC seems to be the best NPC to interact with others, why would enemies from the holy biome be able to harm her?

Also for some NPCs, I would change the behavior. There is such an event as rain and I don't believe that every NPC doesn't like rain) For the NPC fisherman, add the ability to be near water bodies to fish in them?) Since the NPC party girl can scatter confetti when the player is nearby, and the NPC innkeeper can hold ale) Also, for fun, you can make the wizard NPC get rabbits or balloons out of nowhere) Maybe also the golfer NPC play next to the golf hole? Can also add the effect of the Flower Shoes accessory for the Dryad?) I also thought we have 2 NPCs that partially glow in the dark: Truffle and Cyborg. Why doesn't the Demoman emit light when he has a flashlight behind him? Also why not let some NPCs glow? I would increase the brightness of the Cyborg light, add the light from the Demoman, the Merchant Skeleton (so that he holds his glowing goods in his hand)

I think those are some cool ideas that would make the NPCs feel more alive. I especially like your idea for the wizard, and the golfer could at the very least practice his swings or something, since the animations for that already exist.

Last edited:
The environment would not change so much. Ordinary flowers would be created that would collapse on any contact.
Grass, flowers, and plants in general are a bit of a complicated thing to begin with, because it's easy to destroy them, and there's currently no "guide to critter companionship" equivalent for plants.
But so, let's say you want this area to be just nomally grassy, it would be annoying if someone grows a bunch of random flowers there.
If you want it (especially in single player), and use your flower boots to do so, that's one thing, but town NPCs shouldn't fo that.

"guide to critter companionship" equivalent for plants
That's the idea I asked to Redigit and he said that he will see if he can work on it, but with no promises. I posted my conversation with him in Chippy's profile so maybe Chippy likes it and puts it in a video. Who knows, right?🤷‍♂️

That's the idea I asked to Redigit and he said that he will see if he can work on it, but with no promises. I posted my conversation with him in Chippy's profile so maybe Chippy likes it and puts it in a video. Who knows, right?🤷‍♂️
It's an idea that several players suggested ever since guide to critter companionship is there.
would be really really nice to see it in the game!

I can see this coming in Terraria 2. Probably not Terraria though because Terraria is not super environment-based (don't get me wrong though, there are some really cool ambient features in Terraria.)

If nothing else, it'd be cool if certain NPCs had Light Sources [if they don't already], like the Demolitionist and Skeleton Merchant, Enemies like the Undead Miner and Torch-Zombie have 'em, so I don't see why not [especially since being Underground with NPCs is much more common with Pylons and the like]. 😅 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom