Ocean Mirror (Magic Mirror from fishing)

Discussion in 'Items' started by InstaFiz, Mar 25, 2019.

1. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

Whenever we start a new world, there are three key items that we always look for: the [​IMG] Magic Mirror, the [​IMG] Cloud in a Bottle, and the [​IMG] Herm├ęs Boots. Problem is, it's not guaranteed that these items will appear in chests. Fortunately, two out of the three of these items can be obtained via fishing. These items would be the [​IMG] Sailfish Boots and the [​IMG] Tsunami in a Bottle. The Magic Mirror, however, cannot be obtained via fishing.
    I can't see a reason why not, so I present to you...

THE OCEAN MIRROR
    (I don't have a sprite, unfortunately, but I don't think I'll need one.)

The idea is simple: It's a variation of the Magic Mirror that you can get from fishing.
    Just like the Sailfish Boots and the Tsunami in a Bottle, it would have a 2.5% chance to be obtained from [​IMG] Wooden Crates, and a 5% chance to be obtained from [​IMG] Iron Crates.
    It's a simple concept, but I think it'd be a great addition. Let me know what you guys think!

2. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

The odds that your entire world will not contain all of those items are so low that it is virtually impossible.

3. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

It's happened. Way too often. Trust me.
    Even then, it'd still be nice to have.
    EDIT: Let's not forget multiplayer worlds.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  4. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

Give me a seed that has no magic mirror or ice mirror in the entire world please.

5. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

While I have no seed right now, I once did a mage playthrough on my Xbox One and there was no magic mirror in the world at all.
    I also should've mentioned multiplayer. The chances that the world will provide these accessories for two players are slim.

6. UltiDaniel

UltiDaniel Retinazer

I think this is an interesting idea!
    I don't really see why we have fishing versions of cloud in a bottle and Hermes boots, yet we do, so I don't see why there can't be one for the magic mirror if the other two exists as fishing loot.

InstaFiz likes this.
  7. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

In my first terraria world, i didn't find a magic mirror until hardmode. And then i died. In mediumcore. And this was before recall potions existed. Support!

InstaFiz likes this.
  8. RampageX

RampageX Terrarian

As I don't think it's 100% needed, it only makes sense.

InstaFiz likes this.
  9. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

There is no way there were not 2 mirrors in that world. Or even 10. The cavern layer is far too large to allow that possibility.

10. PeanutMusic

PeanutMusic Skeletron Prime

Never had this problem since I usually a about 20 thousand of them in a chest. It's fine I suppose, but once you get one, it's kinda annoying as it's making other drops rarer.

11. Uchiha sasuke

Uchiha sasuke Terrarian

It can happen though, and that is still a problem. A more likely scenario is that they do spawn, but happen to be tucked away in a place that means they are acquired far far later than intended (ie in hardmode).

It doesnt hurt to add something else to crates.

TheWorfer27 and InstaFiz like this.
  12. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

I havn't found this much of an issue since that Recall potions are a thing. But it wouldn't hurt to give them some renewability for a big multiplayer session.

InstaFiz likes this.
  13. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

I'm genuinely not sure it can happen, though. There have to be some kind of parameters on the generation.

14. SimeaseKitten

SimeaseKitten Terrarian

Recall potions can substitute for this, plus they can be crafted

Lord Garak likes this.
  15. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

Except who would willingly make and use recall potions? Too much of a hassle, and way too many resources used if you want them to last a lifetime.
    (Also that world was created before recall potions were on console)

16. sharkman0101

sharkman0101 The Destroyer

Support for this idea. It would just seem negligible if they were to add important Golden Chest items to the Fishing loot pool like the Cloud in a Bottle and Hermes' Boots while leaving out the Magic Mirror.

SkeletalDestroyr and InstaFiz like this.