• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

unstew

Terrarian
Okay! Is that the x64 bit version or the x32 bit version. The reason for the question is that I would be able to run more mods without worrying about it crashing on the x64 bit version than the x32 bit version.
That depends on your computer actually! Some processors are 64-bit while others are 32-bit. You need to go into your computer's settings window to see info on your processor. My bet is on it being 64-bit though, since you say that it crashes less, and more importantly, that it still works fine :p

TheMysticalBard

Terrarian
That depends on your computer actually! Some processors are 64-bit while others are 32-bit. You need to go into your computer's settings window to see info on your processor. My bet is on it being 64-bit though, since you say that it crashes less, and more importantly, that it still works fine :p
It actually doesn't have to do with the computer. The majority of tModLoader installs are 32-bit. There is an unofficial 64-bit version but it is buggy and outdated. For the time being 32-bit is the more stable one.

unstew

Terrarian
sorry for the late reply but , it shows the same error
The problem lies with the dust effect then. I made a class inside of Example mod with your code and everything works fine, but since example mod does not have your tutorialdust, i replaced it with ExampleMod's "Sparkle" dust. Since that is the only difference, it stands to reason that that's where the problem is. So while this class has all the required namespaces, your dust class probably does not. Make sure that the dust class uses the tutorialdusts namespace also.

Johan32123

Steampunker
Try ProjectileID since ItemID and projectileID both return integers they are kind of compartible.

Edit 1:I looked it up and I didn't find a heart projectile. Maybe I'll find a workaround.

Edit 2:I got an idea how it could work, but I couldn't test it because I need a 1.17.1 compiler but can only download the 1.17 one :mad:.
This basicly creates a projectile wich when it gets destroyed spawns a heart.
That's the code.

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel.Design;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Mod.Projectiles       //Change it to the corect folder
{
    public class heartproj: ModProjectile
    {

public class txtxx : ModProjectile
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            //projectile.name = "Custom Flamethrower"; //Name of the projectile, only shows this if you get killed by it
            projectile.width = 12;  //Set the hitbox width
            projectile.height = 12; //Set the hitbox height
            projectile.hostile = true;  //Tells the game whether it is friendly to players/friendly npcs or not
            projectile.ignoreWater = true;  //Tells the game whether or not projectile will be affected by water
            projectile.ranged = true;  //Tells the game whether it is a ranged projectile or not
            projectile.penetrate = 1; //Tells the game how many enemies it can hit before being destroyed, -1 infinity
            projectile.timeLeft = 600;  //The amount of time the projectile is alive for
        }
        public override void Kill(int timeLeft) {
            Item.NewItem(projectile.position,ItemID.Heart,1);
        }
        public override bool OnTileCollide(Vector2 oldVelocity)
        {
            projectile.Kill();
            return false;
        }
    }
    }
}
Just remember to spawn it using:
Code:
item.shoot = mod.ProjectileType("heartproj");
Edit 3:
Now the code is right!
Ok so I finally tried this and it says: Terreria.Modloader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Expected resource not found
Projectiles/txtxx

What do I do to fix this

NumericPrime

Terrarian
So i did that, but when i try to build and reload it says:

error CS0542: 'heartproj': member names can not be the same as their enclosing type
Is the name of the file .png the name of the class?
Is the folder in wich the .png and the .cs fiel are in the folder wirtten in the namspace?

Raidenalpha

Terrarian
I have a question, I have the mod ,,begone evil´´ in my downloaded mods. I also have the mod enabled and pressed on reload mods. But when I enter my world, and press ESC and go to settings and then mods there, the list is empty. There is nothing in the mods list. Did I do something wrong? Or ist the mods list just generally empty and the mods still work?

Edit: I even tried making completly new characters and worlds

Last edited:

jpowboom

Terrarian
Hello, im having trouble downloading mods like overhaul and calamity when i try to download them it shows the download screen and before any progress is made. Thanks in advance for the help.

Top Bottom