• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

fr0g

Skeletron
@Jofairden

i was doing a vanilla expert playthrough (but i was using tmodloader) and at one point i opened a treasure bag and was like 'woah a new dev set!'

nah it was yours, didn't know tmodloader added them lol

fr0g

Skeletron
also i have a question:

so as of 1.4, tmodloader is on steam. does that mean that if i install tmodloader it won't remove my unmodded characters? and they'll still be there instead of me having to uninstall tmodloader everytime i want to play on a nonmodded character?
(sorry about the confusion, i didn't really know how to explain it)

Hamuelin

Official Terrarian
also i have a question:

so as of 1.4, tmodloader is on steam. does that mean that if i install tmodloader it won't remove my unmodded characters? and they'll still be there instead of me having to uninstall tmodloader everytime i want to play on a nonmodded character?
tModloader on Steam isn't like how we used to use tMod. It's a completely separate install to Terraria. Your 1.4 (unmodded) worlds and characters will be completely separate from the tMod ones.

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
also i have a question:

your unmodded chars will still be there.

TerrariaGeek401

The Destroyer
Is TMod updated to 1.4 yet? I'd like to do a Journey Mode playthrough for Calamity. Actually, will that be possible? I don't really see why not, but there is a chance it won't be available.

sparkeeperoid

Terrarian
hi anyone know what this means? my terraria has been weird lately too. sometimes when i talk to NPCs, there's no dialogue boxes or cant use any items.
May222020 - 170.png

1590086362037.png
Every time I try to open up terraria 1.4 with Tmodloader this shows up. Idk what I did wrong, and I am new to the forums. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

YeetyCz

Terrarian
Everytime I try to load tModloader, steam or not, I always get this error and i dont know why. Does anyone know any fixes? Terraria works just fine!
Terraria not working.PNG

TheMysticalBard

Terrarian
Does anyone know why I'm getting the following error when I try to build my project?
"Silently Caught Exception:
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Expected resource not found:
Projectiles/MyProjectile
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
Items/FirstSword"

I DO have Projectiles/MyProjectile, autocompleted and verified by VS. Here's the source:

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
View attachment 272674Every time I try to open up terraria 1.4 with Tmodloader this shows up. Idk what I did wrong, and I am new to the forums. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
You need to download tModLoader 0.11.7 + version, that's the only one that will work with 1.4 terraria installation.

Does anyone know why I'm getting the following error when I try to build my project?
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Expected resource not found:
Projectiles/MyProjectile
Items/FirstSword"

I DO have Projectiles/MyProjectile, autocompleted and verified by VS. Here's the source:

There is no MyProjectile.png texture file alongside the .cs file

Johan32123

Steampunker
I wanted to make a staff that shoots hearts to heal people for a modded class wars game. i did:

item.shoot = 58;

Which should work because that is the itemid for heart. but it shoots chainsaws? I also tried:

item.shoot = ItemID.Heart;

But even then it shot chainsaws. I wanted to see how messed up this really was so i did:

item.shoot = ItemID.Wood;

AND IT SHOT STAR WRATH STARS. Please help me make my weapon shoot hearts, and explain what the heck is happening here. (I'm using the steam tmodloader if that makes any difference)

NumericPrime

Terrarian
Try ProjectileID since ItemID and projectileID both return integers they are kind of compartible.

Edit 1:I looked it up and I didn't find a heart projectile. Maybe I'll find a workaround.

Edit 2:I got an idea how it could work, but I couldn't test it because I need a 1.17.1 compiler but can only download the 1.17 one :mad:.
This basicly creates a projectile wich when it gets destroyed spawns a heart.
That's the code.

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel.Design;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Mod.Projectiles       //Change it to the corect folder
{

public class heartproj: ModProjectile
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            //projectile.name = "Heartprojectile"; //Name of the projectile, only shows this if you get killed by it
            projectile.width = 12;  //Set the hitbox width
            projectile.height = 12; //Set the hitbox height
            projectile.hostile = true;  //Tells the game whether it is friendly to players/friendly npcs or not
            projectile.ignoreWater = true;  //Tells the game whether or not projectile will be affected by water
            projectile.ranged = true;  //Tells the game whether it is a ranged projectile or not
            projectile.penetrate = 1; //Tells the game how many enemies it can hit before being destroyed, -1 infinity
            projectile.timeLeft = 600;  //The amount of time the projectile is alive for
        }
        public override void Kill(int timeLeft) {
            Item.NewItem(projectile.position,ItemID.Heart,1);
        }
        public override bool OnTileCollide(Vector2 oldVelocity)
        {
            projectile.Kill();
            return false;
        }

}
}
Just remember to spawn it using:
Code:
item.shoot = mod.ProjectileType("heartproj");
Edit 3:
Now the code is right!

Last edited:

NumericPrime

Terrarian
Projectiles/MyProjectile
Items/FirstSword"

You need a .png to show tmodloader how the projectile looks like.

Top Bottom