tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

what mods are you using i think pinging a dev might get more info
at first I had a list, then I just tried one for each attempt i tried to fix it. I don't know how to ping devs ill be honest. it happens with every mod i try to use though so i think it might be client sided

I'm hoping to make a weapon with damage scaling off of missing health and/or missing mana. Would this be done with (player.statLifeMax - player.statLife)? And would this work similarly with mana? These variables came from the first page,and I'm also unsure of whether this has changed in the past 7 years. Thanks for your help!

Additionally, I need a little help here since it's my first time trying to make a modded item. I'm hoping for a vampire knives type throw of 1-3 projectiles that split into 0-2 upon hitting blocks/enemies like the scourge of the corruptor, after which the split pieces, as with the scourge, would have a certain degree of homing capability.

I also have no idea how to adjust the amount of lifesteal but at this point I feel like I'm just asking people to make the mod I have in mind for me. I do want this to be a learning experience for me, but I need help ;-;

Last edited:
1674913852375.png
does anyone know how to fix this issue pls and thanks.

Ever since tmod loader got updated to the most recent update 1.4.4 when i try to open it a message pops up saying that "busybox" has stopped working. The only way im able to play tmodloader right now is to open properties on steam and select betas and go to the 1.3 legacy version. can someone help me out

I asked about this a week ago and have been working through my issues, but I still can't figure out how to make a weapon's damage scale off of missing hp.

If I try to use Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax, Main.Player.statLifeMax, or other variations in the item damage, I get build errors.
Conversely, if I try to use projectile.damage = either of those, Main.player[projectile.owner].statLifeMax or other variations, it simply doesn't update the damage.

Is there any way to do this or must my dreams be dashed to bits against the cold, jagged cliffs of C sharp?

Hi, i'm trying to make a summoner weapon that summons a Minion with similar or rather the same AI as the Pirate Staff Minion.
I've tried finding the source code for the Pirate Minion but I dont know how to extract the AI code from the source code?
If anyone could help me either reverse engineer the source code for a Pirate Minion, or maybe even just write my own AI code (which i don't know how to do).

I asked about this a week ago and have been working through my issues, but I still can't figure out how to make a weapon's damage scale off of missing hp.

If I try to use Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax, Main.Player.statLifeMax, or other variations in the item damage, I get build errors.
Conversely, if I try to use projectile.damage = either of those, Main.player[projectile.owner].statLifeMax or other variations, it simply doesn't update the damage.

Is there any way to do this or must my dreams be dashed to bits against the cold, jagged cliffs of C sharp?
I’m not advanced in C# in ANY way, but if you use anything with statLifeMax, I believe that you would be measuring off of the player’s max life, not current life. I believe you need “player.statLife” instead. :)

hello, my friend is having a problem with tmod where every screen looks something like this.
they've tried uninstaling and reinstaling and that didnt seem help anything, and we cant figure out how to verify the game file's.

Attachments

• 20230302_220739.jpg
    20230302_220739.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom