1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Okay, so I might be addicted to Terraria.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by adalialives, Mar 8, 2015.

1. adalialives

adalialives Terrarian

I EV train and breed for IVs. I don't do much shiny hunting, I'm more for the competitive side. I have to check and see if I still have the Paras; I tend to immediately give my shinies away to my friends who want them if I'm not a fan of the Pokemon. I do, however, definitely still have a shiny Sigilyph (caught randomly in the wild, go figure, I was doing my first playthrough of maingame Y) and a stupidly nicknamed Drifblim called "Yellow??" someone Wonder Traded to me once I find the damn game card those two are on. Also a shiny orange Florges but that's not going anywhere.

I'll take a look and see if the Paras is still there sometime today.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2015 ---
    You have to build up and get to the gate to the next world, amirite?

Let me know if you get a early/midhard!

Jenosis likes this.
  2. GIRGHGH

GIRGHGH Golem

Usually takes me a few days to do that because I'm so cautious solo.

3. adalialives

adalialives Terrarian

It took me a few weeks, so it's not like it's a rush. I'm smart until you give me control of a mouse and a virtual sword and then before you know it I'm so done you can take me out of the oven and stick a fork in me.\

Edit: quoted myself. Brilliant. I need sleep.

Ingenious and GIRGHGH like this.
  4. GIRGHGH

GIRGHGH Golem

I COULD do it in an hour, but I like to keep my world as stable as possible, especially with a corruption smack-dab in the middle of my jungle.

5. adalialives

adalialives Terrarian

Hoo boy. Yeah, I've got a few worlds like that. And then I've got this one small world where everything's just really confused. I think Terraria had had a few too many drinks when it generated it, because it plopped my dungeon literally in the middle of the ocean. Hang on, I'll get a cap.

wtf.png
    Look at this. What the hell is this? It's one of the worlds I made to find a Sandstorm in a Bottle and decided to go check out the dungeon for kicks and I got to the edge and I just - what?

AppleHead27, Fruitbat and Ingenious like this.
  6. GIRGHGH

GIRGHGH Golem

You should check out the world generation thread if you think that's wacky.

7. adalialives

adalialives Terrarian

Where is this thread? I have a mighty need

8. Yaster Goodman

Yaster Goodman Headless Horseman

900+ hours since July 18, 2012. It's not an addiction, it's just how Terraria is.

Fruitbat likes this.
  9. adalialives

adalialives Terrarian

If I'd been playing that long, assuming a steady one-third rate of decay per month, and assuming I never played less than five hours a week, I'd have 820 in six months. By two and a half years, I'd be at 1300, and that's assuming a very generous decay rate and a very low minimum play time.

10. GIRGHGH

GIRGHGH Golem

Fruitbat likes this.
  11. Ingenious

Ingenious Terrarian

And I thought getting suprised blind-sided by Dungeon Guardians on the opposite side of a neighboring biome was "What the %$#@" material. XD The fun of being forced on small worlds in mobile.

If you ever end up getting mobile (I strongly suggest you don't until 505 Games gets their act together and releases a badly-needed patch they've sat on for close to a month), we're pretty active posters and blow the forums up with enough screen shots and strategies to make Brady Strategy guides look weak. :merchantgrin:

12. Youfad

Youfad Skeletron Prime

You can use cursed bullets, but in my experience what really gets the twins down is a fast gun (IE: uzi) with crystal bullets, and golden shower.

13. Ingenious

Ingenious Terrarian

I just focused on beating up the Laser one first, and then turning to the Cursed Flames one, but I'm on mobile and I had sticky-analog problems. -_- True Night's Blade with some reforging really made them cry too.

14. Krasunir

Krasunir Terrarian

Hi there

15. Ori

Ori Golem

Yep, terraria will eat away at your hours. The good thing about it is that the hours never feel wasted as there is so much fun stuff to do.
    Right now i have kind of been having "Terraria fever" where i get a strong urge to buy anything terraria related. I didn't really notice until i was thinking about buying terraria guides for the phone, at this point i'm thinking this have to stop so i start playing it again to cure this "fever" and most of my exams will be done within a week or two so i'd be happy to play with some other enthusiasts! :D
    I'm known as Genrul, Cake and DiD among my friends.
    I may be a bit greedy sometimes when it comes to items but at most times i behave and share.
    I have never once gotten mad over any video game ever. (Wat?)
    I have 369+ hours of playime in terraria and have been playing it a little bit more recently.
    Also before i forget,
    Hi! :happy:

16. Gex004

Gex004 Skeletron

Why hello ther...
    Dammit :sigh:

Jk,jk nice to meet you hope to see you around the forums:happy::happy:

Ingenious likes this.
  17. Arfster Is Chill.

Arfster Is Chill. Terrarian

He, are you interested in doing multiplayer?

My steam is like, Arfster Is Chill

if ur down I'll try to find a host

GIRGHGH likes this.
  18. kkbubble

kkbubble Terrarian

there are two 3 letter terms that become your food. DPS and RNG. they will lead you soul to salvation

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Ingenious and Rasta Ros like this.
  19. adalialives

adalialives Terrarian

Unfortunately, I have a Corruption world. I could always go pop hardmode in one of my small Crimson worlds, I guess, I'm at the point where I can melee the Wall of Flesh without needing a healing potion.
    That's what I tried, but I was having major issues for some reason with the dodging when I did.
    Hi! Yeah, it got worse when my one IRL friend told us he had like 100 hours and had gotten halfway through hardmode, whereas I was over 100 at this point and hadn't even gotten to hell, let alone summoned WoF. At that point it was like, I MUST SURPASS HIM
    I know about DPS, I have a reasonably well-forged Cutlass, but I've got no idea what RNG stands for.

Ori and Ingenious like this.
  20. CraftedNightmare Here!

CraftedNightmare Here! Official Terrarian

Welcome to the forums! Rules to the left, emergancy exits to the right!

And don't worry about being addicted to Terraria, there's bounds of people addicted to it more. Infact, i tjink i played it for 666 hours
    (Yes, 666)

Ingenious likes this.