On Strange Plants...

I loaded my world in TerraMap and did a full search for them, and none came up. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've beaten the Twins already and only found one.

I ended up putting three in my inventory using a save editor. Such a low spawn rate with so many different dyes to get has got to be a mistake, so I ended up putting three strange plants in my inventory using a save editor. I figured that was about how many more I would have found if the spawn rate was something reasonable.

I...
I dreamed about finding Strange Plants.
This is not a good thing.

So I'm not the only one :O

I loaded my world in TerraMap and did a full search for them, and none came up. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've beaten the Twins already and only found one.

I ended up putting three in my inventory using a save editor. Such a low spawn rate with so many different dyes to get has got to be a mistake, so I ended up putting three strange plants in my inventory using a save editor. I figured that was about how many more I would have found if the spawn rate was something reasonable.

So I'm not the only one :O
Yeah, I'm beginning to consider cheating in some plants. I've still only found one in total on two characters on two worlds both of which I've played for over 8 hours.
And that one gave me a dye I already bought a bunch of. Screw that.

Consider the rarity a blessing, imagine a world filled with them and how quickly the mystique surrounding them would be just a memory attached to the very first you found. A stab in the dark here, but maybe they spawn and do not stick around long, perhaps have a timer which only lasts a few minutes.

Consider the rarity a blessing, imagine a world filled with them and how quickly the mystique surrounding them would be just a memory attached to the very first you found. A stab in the dark here, but maybe they spawn and do not stick around long, perhaps have a timer which only lasts a few minutes.
I don't think that's the case, I think it's just a glitch and they have a really bizarre spawn rate. The devs wouldn't have made so many awesome special dyes if they only expected players to get a grand total of three of them after a lifetime of playing.

I always clean the grass from normal plants and stuff that grows, hoping at least one of them will spawn someday, now in expert hardmode I'm bussy being killed

I don't want mystique. I want cool dyes! :p

I probably played around 5-6 terraria game days and got those two plants
Then you have all the luck, because lots of people have done exactly that, skybridge and all, and found a grand total of 0 plants after multiple real life days.

Maybe it has something to do with altitude? My skybridge is directly off one of my cloud places. High enough that wyverns sometimes chase me on the bridge :p

I found several; my trick is to build a large dirt strip in the sky. There's only two things to my knowledge that grow on dirt; Strange Plants; and Blinkroot. When there's no grass on it, it makes the chance significantly higher to spawning because there ONLY can be either of those and not random flowers, grasses, mushrooms etc. Hope it helps C:

I found several; my trick is to build a large dirt strip in the sky. There's only two things to my knowledge that grow on dirt; Strange Plants; and Blinkroot. When there's no grass on it, it makes the chance significantly higher to spawning because there ONLY can be either of those and not random flowers, grasses, mushrooms etc. Hope it helps C:

I think I will try that, thanks for the tip :)

This! I posted above as well that maybe altitude has something to do with it. My bridge is off one of my clouds, when I go across it I only notice blinkroot and strange plants.

Skybridges with dirt with no grass is an effective way to get strange plants because only one other thing can grow on dirt.

De-grassing floating islands can also work.

Purple and green can be found anywhere above the surface, while the orange can only be found in forests. The red plant however, can be found anywhere underground or above the surface.

The rarity is bad enough, but you also have to take this into consideration.

They can't grow within 700 ft of each other or a dye plant. Altitude might help with this.

This! I posted above as well that maybe altitude has something to do with it. My bridge is off one of my clouds, when I go across it I only notice blinkroot and strange plants.

Mine is in the "Sky" layer at the very least as well so maybe so! Anyone can check with the depth meter as it will tell you when you're there.

They can't grow within 700 ft of each other or a dye plant. Altitude might help with this.

Rip players using small worlds... i guess ill have to move my skybridge to the top of the map and strip the surface down...

Back
Top Bottom