One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
one last thing before i go i looked and pc does in fact have an exclusive https://terraria.wiki.gg/Carrot they got something no other platform could get just for ordering the pc version of the game so peace im out yall have fun disputing everything someone says :sigh:
That is for the Collector's Edition (retail only). Re-Logic licensed that version out long before console or mobile versions were even considered, and they no longer have any business relationship with the company that produced it. The Carrot/Bunny Pet is not readily available to other PC versions (by legitimate means).

Minecraft and Terraria don't accept mods, you literally have to risk your device and data to download a third party software which rips off the actual game to get "Mods". (and when I say "rips off the game" I mean basically steals the game client, but "tweaks" it, possibly by adding Viruses and Malicious Code)

The developers of these kinds of games don't condone :red:ing around with their game, and potentially getting Viruses to get "new content" as cool as that content may be, and...The dev's haven't quit, nor ended the game, they're still going, they can still make as good of content as anyone.

Anyway, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever expect the developers of a game to openly support mods, to the point that there is a "Mod Menu" in the Vanilla UI.

And if a developer adds content on top of a finished game, I.E, Halloween Update for FNAF, Reign of Giants/Shipwrecked! for Don't Starve, or legit level designs for Portal 2, it's called Downloadable Content (DLC) not "Mods" (Although, Portal 2 has community-created DLC, through the Steam Workshop, I believe, I don't have a powerful enough computer to run it and find out)
This is why I love what Bethesda did with the Nexus and Beth.net, as long as your mod doesn't use assets from other games anything else is free game "go nuts" as Pete Hines said.

made an account just to say that Ocram was considered the hardest boss fight on console for a reason, and he'd make a fine addition to the PC version as a mini-boss (think King Slime/Queen Bee), since there's only one hardmode boss on PC that anyone could consider a mini-boss, and that's Duke Fishron (very much endgame, Ocram is more of boss to be fought around the time of the mechanical bosses).
It would be nice if Ocram got some tweaks and would be used to get higher tier equipment between mechanical and planera, or golem and moon lord. I also really liked the idea of adding him as the crimson mechanical boss instead of the destroyer. He would need severe nerfs to get to that level though.

We should be receiving news soon regarding the update, everyone ears to the forums, and the social media accounts. At best, we can hope for a September submission of the patch for consoles, early October release. (Console certification process is out of their control.) Regardless, something will be announced as the "target" date is looming overhead. I use "target", because that is what this is, development is uncertain and nothing is concrete due to its nature. On a brighter note with how things are going we know they are working their hardest, and are going to deliver a very refreshing and exciting experience when it arrives! Also, from chatter on the forums and social media, it is getting very close to completion so if their is another delay it should be a very short one. Wish the best of luck to the Pipeworks Studio development team.

It would be nice if Ocram got some tweaks and would be used to get higher tier equipment between mechanical and planera, or golem and moon lord. I also really liked the idea of adding him as the crimson mechanical boss instead of the destroyer. He would need severe nerfs to get to that level though.

You don't need post-Plantera items to beat Plantera, it is a bit of a challenge, like all bosses are, I don't want it to be easy to fight any of the bosses at the time you're supposed to fight them, I want a challenge.

And as for between Golem and Moon-Lord, what more do you want? We will already have Golem>Duke Fishron>Lunatic Cultist>Lunar Events>Moon Lord

Summoning the Lunatic Cultist, Lunar Events, and Moon Lord (in this fashion) is literally free, you don't need expensive or hard-to-get summon items, just git gud and kill the bosses properly, if you go through the Cultist and the Lunar Events the first time, good, go ahead and fail on Moon Lord a couple times until you have Lunar Event armor and weapons, I doubt you'll kill him the first try with minimal Lunar Event items. I don't need it to be easy.

We should be receiving news soon regarding the update, everyone ears to the forums, and the social media accounts. At best, we can hope for a September submission of the patch for consoles, early October release. (Console certification process is out of their control.)

Their goal is the one they have previously set, I believe it's wrong to assume that there is going to be a delay when they haven't said so.

Also, I've heard that the Console Certification Process doesn't take very long.

At best, they release when they said they would.

You don't need post-Plantera items to beat Plantera, it is a bit of a challenge, like all bosses are, I don't want it to be easy to fight any of the bosses at the time you're supposed to fight them, I want a challenge.

And as for between Golem and Moon-Lord, what more do you want? We will already have Golem>Duke Fishron>Lunatic Cultist>Lunar Events>Moon Lord

Summoning the Lunatic Cultist, Lunar Events, and Moon Lord (in this fashion) is literally free, you don't need expensive or hard-to-get summon items, just git gud and kill the bosses properly, if you go through the Cultist and the Lunar Events the first time, good, go ahead and fail on Moon Lord a couple times until you have Lunar Event armor and weapons, I doubt you'll kill him the first try with minimal Lunar Event items. I don't need it to be easy.

My point before was that you do fail on your first moon lord run. I don't want any OP equipment, but some which would benefit players who would use a melee set with higher speed (like dragon armor) instead of defense or just simply something new. An insane speed rocket launcher would open up so many new play styles. I don't want to make the game easy. also if you don't want it to be a step between bosses, he can always be the crimson variant of the destroyer or even be part of the lunar event.

Their goal is the one they have previously set, I believe it's wrong to assume that there is going to be a delay when they haven't said so.

Also, I've heard that the Console Certification Process doesn't take very long.

At best, they release when they said they would.
Console certification ón average is fast BUT the larger the update the longer the cert takes so in my opinion it would take 3-4 days for Microsoft/done to finish certs but unfortunately what I have said isn't definite!

Being a console only player (although I have played on both PC and mobile before) I hope it won't take long. Certification should only take 3-4 days at most but it could always be longer.

Now that console exclusives and mobile exclusives are going to be removed, what, may i ask, are going to attract people to buy the console and mobile version of the game? It would make much more sense to buy the pc version , since it has the most updates constantly. Instead of completely removing them, i would have enjoyed the team modify them to make them more unique. Especially the pets, those were my favorites :c . Eh, i guess all good things come to an end, I hope to see the terraria community more unified, and PC updates coming faster to mobile & Console.
I play on console for two reasons.
1. I don't like mouse and keyboard controls. Before you say about pad support, I first played pc version before the pad support was added.
2. My laptop was barely able to run 1.2.4. It never stood a chance to run 1.3.
Why not buy a better pc/laptop?
I have no reason to. I grew up playing console games and have no wish to play on pc. I tend to use pc as a tool, not a gaming platform.

Same here. My PC isn't for gaming, it would die before downloading terraria. All of my games are on xbox one except for mobile time-killers. The controller also fits into your hand so well. I don't mind laptop controls though.

When i started playing terraria on PC i had 60 fps, now, idk why, i have 20 so i need to play on XBox 1 too

I really like the idea of PC and other platforms having similar or same content in the nearest updates. If all platforms get updated simultaneously and there are no more issues such as content gaps and functionality differing greatly between them, I'm looking forward to porting some of my server software to allow full cross-play ;)

Make it happen <3

I really like the idea of PC and other platforms having similar or same content in the nearest updates. If all platforms get updated simultaneously and there are no more issues such as content gaps and functionality differing greatly between them, I'm looking forward to porting some of my server software to allow full cross-play ;)

Make it happen <3
Personally I'd love cross-play, though unfortunatly Sony and Microsoft would need to give it the green light and the chances of that happening are slim. We can only dream.

Personally I'd love cross-play, though unfortunatly Sony and Microsoft would need to give it the green light and the chances of that happening are slim. We can only dream.
If the game content/functionality differences are evened out, I don't need anyone's greenlight to make my server support console, mobile and PC clients at the same time. I run a custom version of the server software anyway.

Do we expect that the world size of console will be matched with world sizes of PC? If the content of 1.3 will be added to console, the largest worlds we can make will not have enough room to have the decent amount of content in a single world. We only have a pyramid every 5 new worlds as it is now.

Since no one's mentioned it yet, I'm actually a little excited to have an easier time navigating the wiki because of this.

Right now there's a split where people have to note that console has one value and PC has another. Items only available on one system cluttered up looking at the tech tree for crafting or figuring out what wacky weapon to try next. I know that we're still going to have a period where things don't line up perfectly, but at least we'll be comparing 1.3 to 1.3.5 instead of 1.09 console to 1.2 PC to 1.3.5 PC.

No matter when it hits, I'm super excited for this update! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom