• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Chaoraiser256

Terrarian
Quick questions, since I couldn't find anything via search, is this Open Source? And is this *only* with Steam Terraria or would this work with GOG too?

DracusNarcrym

Terrarian
Quick questions, since I couldn't find anything via search, is this Open Source? And is this *only* with Steam Terraria or would this work with GOG too?
There was a conversation on whether it supports the GOG version or not, TiberiumFusion contributed some suggestions to it which seem to make sense that it should work without a hiccup, but the guy who originally asked about this, hasn't come back with results yet.

And I think this is a closed-source project.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Can you describe the overriding torch luck tweak? This was already removed in 1.4.0.3 right?
Relogic lied (what a surprise). Torch luck still exists, however, it cannot be negative anymore. So, all the same torch luck factors exist - positive and negative ones - but your final torch luck factor will never go below 0. The override tweak allows you to disable all those factors and set a constant torch luck factor.

CTgreen

Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1403.2 for Terraria 1.4.0.3 is live!
This update resolves regressions in the Omnipatcher and adds a new tweak to override/remove torch luck. Download it from the OP or use TT2's inline updater.
This update did indeed resolve whatever issue I was having during the patching process! Thanks much! : )
I'm still blown away at how fast you can make updates.

BTW, I'm unable to get updates through TT2 itself; I repeatedly get the "timout" (typo in the error message) saying my internet or the server might be at fault. This was the case for the last two updates I tried this way. Not sure if it is indeed my internet or not (it's slow, but everything works).

I ended up just downloading the installer from the OP both times, and that works easily enough. Just thought it might be worth a mention.

DracusNarcrym

Terrarian
BTW, I'm unable to get updates through TT2 itself; I repeatedly get the "timout" (typo in the error message) saying my internet or the server might be at fault. This was the case for the last two updates I tried this way. Not sure if it is indeed my internet or not (it's slow, but everything works).

I ended up just downloading the installer from the OP both times, and that works easily enough. Just thought it might be worth a mention.
Yeah, had similar experiences to this. I figured it was mostly down to various Windows permissions, or Windows Firewall, being poopheads. When allowing TT2 explicitly, and manually, through Windows Firewall and stuff, it updated flawlessly.
I think this behavior is sort of the nature of Windows' being a bit of a security nut for unsigned executables, I guess. Not unwarranted, or for the wrong reasons, but in this case it's a bit of a nuisance for sure.
Long story short, I still prefer manually updating the tool.

Radenium

Spazmatism
Relogic lied (what a surprise). Torch luck still exists, however, it cannot be negative anymore. So, all the same torch luck factors exist - positive and negative ones - but your final torch luck factor will never go below 0. The override tweak allows you to disable all those factors and set a constant torch luck factor.
Well in this case they didn't. The 1.4.0.3 patch notes said "removed bad torch luck", not removed luck entirely. It can only ever be good now. Which you know, is the f***ing way it maybe should have been to start.

Are there tweaks for removing the other player-unfriendly changes they made? Meteors can't spawn before Brain/Eater is dead, Reaver Shark back to 100%, fishing crates works the way it did before, etc.?

DracusNarcrym

Terrarian
Well in this case they didn't. The 1.4.0.3 patch notes said "removed bad torch luck", not removed luck entirely. It can only ever be good now. Which you know, is the f***ing way it maybe should have been to start.

Are there tweaks for removing the other player-unfriendly changes they made? Meteors can't spawn before Brain/Eater is dead, Reaver Shark back to 100%, fishing crates works the way it did before, etc.?
You could fix up Reaver Shark with an Omnipatcher tweak. Its Item ID is 2341.

CTgreen

Terrarian

Unless I misunderstood what TiberiumFusion said, the torches do still provide bad luck. They just can't create negative luck, on their own. But (and here's the key difference, if I'm understanding TF's assertions right) the "wrong" torches can still detract from any other good luck that you might have. Which kind of sucks... So the tweak addresses that.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Last edited:

Radenium

Spazmatism
Ah, so it looks like it wasn't removed entirely. Big surprise! I guess I'll just be using the luck removal thing so I can actually play the ****ing game the way I always have.

edit: Hmm. I seem to have an issue with combat accessories being always on. I have Cross Necklace, Putrid Scent and Shark Tooth Necklace always on, but when I enable that set of tweaks, it seems to drastically improve my damage output. I'd prefer not to have that happen, can you look into it?

Last edited:

CTgreen

Terrarian
Feature suggestions! :rslime:

"Functional Social Slots - Armor" & "FSS - Accessories" being separate tweaks. I'd like to be able to wear accessories for actual vanity (no stats) sometimes, while still being able to equip two sets of functional armor. And vice versa. Or both.

Omnipatcher ... add item "Name" field & "Tooltip(?)" field. Unless there's a reason Omnipatcher already doesn't allow editing the names and flavor text of items, I'd like that capability. For clarification on "Tooltip", an item like Arkhalis (wiki page link) has the flavor text 'I didn't get this off of a Schmoo' and the wiki references that field as "Tooltip". Being able to alter these would be a neat way to make semi "custom" items, with (hopefully) little work on your side, TiberiumFusion. If there's already an existing way to do this, I'm unaware of it.

Critters/Enemies Only Be kinda neat to be able to toggle only having Critters or Enemies spawn in, I think. As it stands, the Journey mode spawning controls only affect all entity spawns equally.

Gravity Adjuster No idea how feasible this one is, but I was thinking about applying the low-gravity effect that you get at Space height to an entire world. Or just being able to adjust global gravity in general. Seems fun.

That's what I got for now. I hope these are reasonable suggestions; I hate not knowing whether my requests are more "that's cool and won't take long" or "that's a 400+ hour project that would require rewriting a third of the game's code" : P

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Like DracusNarcrym suggested, you can use the Omnipatcher to change the Reaver Shark's pick power back to 70, or any value you like.

I seem to have an issue with combat accessories being always on. I have Cross Necklace, Putrid Scent and Shark Tooth Necklace always on, but when I enable that set of tweaks, it seems to drastically improve my damage output. I'd prefer not to have that happen, can you look into it?
Those items may have received new stats which are confusing the patching. I'll see if that's the case and update the tweak if so.

They updated the game to 1.4.0.4.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go through my usual minor update compatibility checks today, but I'll bet everything is still working. These small hotfixes rarely break patching.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Is it possible to add a way to activate journey mode stuff (mostly research) in a non-journey mode world?
Not with the current version of Terraria Tweaker (at least, not yet). I'll be creating a bunch of new patches for the 1.4 stuff soon. The last several days have been devoted to getting the existing tweaks fully functional in 1.4 before I add anything new.

But - that is on my list of things and I'll see how feasible it is.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Feature suggestions
"Functional Social Slots - Armor" & "FSS - Accessories" being separate tweaks - Maybe
Omnipatcher ... add item "Name" field & "Tooltip(?)" field - Not possible anymore. You'll have to go back in time to Terraria 1.3.4.4 and get Terraria Tweaker 1.3.2.1 for that.
Critters/Enemies Only - Maybe
Gravity Adjuster - Interesting
All in the suggestions list now.

CTgreen

Terrarian
Omnipatcher ... add item "Name" field & "Tooltip(?)" field - Not possible anymore. You'll have to go back in time to Terraria 1.3.4.4 and get Terraria Tweaker 1.3.2.1 for that.
I thought I remembered having that ability, but since that was years ago now was unsure. Bummer. Guess I need to add Redigit to the list of people to mildly haunt for a few days when I die : P

Thanks for considering the rest of my suggestions! May they prove worth the time it takes to do them, or scrapped ruthlessly like unwanted Angel Statues! : )

Marney

Golem
Minor, display-only bug: with the social slots restored to their earlier function, storing accessories even if they don't have a visual, all items have that "Can be worn in vanity slots" text, including weapons and flower pots. It doesn't seem to harm anything, but I just thought I should report it anyway. Thanks for fixing that! `:happy:

Top Bottom