PC version worth buying?

Is the pc version worth buying for its 1.3 update?

• Total voters

Roy_97

Terrarian
Hello, i am a player who has already put in tons of hours in the PS3/4 and the PS Vita versions of the game,
and i am wondering if i should buy the PC version as well since it's the only platform running update 1.3 at the moment and i got a decent pc.

Yes, there is so much to do in PC version as it is, and with 1.3.1 coming up, there will be even more to do.
Also, its only $10 for it, that's pretty cheap, so there's really no reason not to get it.

Last edited:
Yes, there is so much to do in PC version as it is, and with 1.4 coming up, there will be even more to do.
Also, its only $10 for it, that's pretty cheap, so there's really no reason not to get it.

You mean 1.3.1 .... but yeah, there's a coming update that promises to overhaul the wiring system.

PC Version is probably a good choice, since it has all the new patches and thus - all the additions. Also upcoming 1.3.1.

It is worth buying the PC version even if you already have the Playstation version of the game if your PC can handle it. $10 is a steal for a game with a great quantity and quality of content which makes it worth it again to buy it on another platform. And you'll get to play the recent 1.3 update which spices up the game even further, and has the game's final Lunar Event with a Final Boss.

I could also add that Terraria PC interface is friendlier for people, it doesn't prove aiming and good reactions difficult for average player, it has received more fixes and content, the latter especially in case of late/end-game. Also it's easier to capture screenshots and gives extended diversity with char classess. I would certainly recommend it if you're up to buy this game.
if your PC can handle it
I doubt that even someone poor couldn't afford themselves Graphics with at least 128MB and a weaker Pentium IV, because basically anything above that can handle Terraria with ease.

Alright, yes, it is definitely worth it. The PC version is different. Besides just having all the content, it also has larger worlds, almost no bugs, a different lighting system, etc.
I play both PC and Playstation.
Why? PC for mods and custom maps and when I feel like enjoying all the content Playstation doesn't have yet.
However, I much prefer building on console. I don't know how many thousands of hours I've put into building on console Terraria but it is definitely over 2000. It's probably over 3000.
I started building on PC though, years ago. Console, IMO, is just easier to build on, unless you use mods/editors.

However, I much prefer building on console.
Well, since it's a console, it needs to have some additions, that make the game less painful. Building system is different than that on PC and you can see the maximum range available to put blocks, at least I believe it was in there. So pretty much it's better.

Desktop version still has more balance, too.
almost no bugs
I cannot agree on that. There's definitely much less of them, but I've still found dozens, maybe that's mostly because I like to search for bugs and they tend to find me as well.

Besides just having all the content
Actually, there is no current platform of Terraria that supports all content. For example, the Console version has Ocram, while the Mobile version has Lepus. In short, all versions of Terraria have exclusive content. It's like Pokemon, except it it's not Pokemon.

Actually, there is no current platform of Terraria that supports all content. For example, the Console version has Ocram, while the Mobile version has Lepus. In short, all versions of Terraria have exclusive content. It's like Pokemon, except it it's not Pokemon.
Except that PC version has MORE exclusive content and further extended late game. Because that's the truth.

Well, since it's a console, it needs to have some additions, that make the game less painful. Building system is different than that on PC and you can see the maximum range available to put blocks, at least I believe it was in there. So pretty much it's better.

Yeah, that is why. Every space is highlighted yellow if you can place a block. It's much quicker as far as counting goes in order to center things/make builds symmetrical. At the same time, you also have to build with a thumbstick as opposed to a much more accurate mouse, so they both have a bit of trade-off. I still prefer console.

I cannot agree on that. There's definitely much less of them, but I've still found dozens, maybe that's mostly because I like to search for bugs and they tend to find me as well.

Yeah, it has bugs, but what I mean is it has ZERO bugs compared to the console versions. You don't crash when you try to save, when opening map, randomly, when too much is happening, etc.

I put a lot of time in playing on XBox, beat the game. Bought the PC version and love the game even more. Go for it!

I will say something about 1.3:

Marble Homes rock.

I love the Marble Theme (the only thing I don't like about it is the chairs). It is just so detailed and intricate (though there's a few small graphical problems they need to fix). It makes a house look awesome lol.

I'd have to say that some of the meteorite furniture also looks awesome... the Solar Eruption is a ridiculously awesome weapon, the yo-yos are cool, the granite areas are cool, Gladiator Armor is an awesome vanity set, etc etc.

1.3 is just pure awesomesauce, just like 1.2 was compared to 1.1.

Very much worth it for sure, and it's only $10, with that small amount of money you have access to the newest updates and the biggest chunk of the Terraria community (servers, mods, downloadable worlds). I say go for it.

Back
Top Bottom