Game Mechanics Perfect Boss Battles and Trophy Drops

Well?

• I like it! Gives me a reward for my elite Terraria skills.

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • I'd rather not. Games like this were meant to be exploited.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
The idea here is simple: the fewer times you get hit against a boss, the likelier it is that a trophy drops. Let's say, on a perfect battle, the trophy has a drop chance of 80% (I dunno. Just a random high percentage.). Every time you get hit, that chance drops by 10% until it hits the base chance, err... 10% apparently. So after getting hit once, it's 70%. Get hit three times, and it's 50%. Seven or more, and you might as well get hit some more. It would provide a better incentive to play skillfully, rather than cheat the system with spike exploits.

Actually, that's a really great idea. Would give me a lot more incentive to get better at the game rather than farming for trophies. The only problem I see is with bosses like the Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu, as if you're near the end of the fight, normal monsters start to spawn.

Sounds good, and less farming for those damn trophies!
But what about the Pumpking and the Ice Queen? You are BOUND to get hit a few times.

Sounds alright. Good luck against the Duke though. Also, how's it going to work in Multiplayer?
I've beaten Duke Fishron with fewer than 3 hits. For a boss that hard, I doubt that you'd really be aiming for a perfect battle.

As for multiplayer, that's on your friends. In any case, Trophy drops aren't exactly calibrated for multiplayer.

Be a good idea for the people that know the boss battles well. A bad idea for those who don't but also a good one. Because it would help them learn the battles. Either way I like this idea lol

But I think it will greatly discourage the tank-like class.(You have a huge amount of defense and health regeneration, but poor movement speed and attack).
Maybe the chance could still be a 10% no matter how much time hitted by the boss.(And 100% if not hitted at all).
Also, I think the battle should be long enough or/and hit the boss enough times for this to trigger(using SDMG against Eye of Cthulhu will not be count as Perfect).

Maybe the chance could still be a 10% no matter how much time hitted by the boss.(And 100% if not hitted at all).
Also, I think the battle should be long enough or/and hit the boss enough times for this to trigger(using SDMG against Eye of Cthulhu will not be count as Perfect).
  1. Moon Lord
  2. Why have this limitation?

Sorry, missing the point, what do you mean?

Just think that like using using SDMG against Eye of Cthulhu is far from skillful or should be called perfect.(Personal opinions)
  1. Have you done Moon Lord without getting hit?
  2. So you shouldn't get a higher chance of getting the trophy using items from after the boss, proving you're beyond skillful enough to destroy it completely?

2. So you shouldn't get a higher chance of getting the trophy using items from after the boss, proving you're beyond skillful enough to destroy it completely?

My opinion is that it should be a bonus, so I mean there will be at least 10% chance.
Also, in my opinion, if this is mean for skill, then there should not be a a bonus for using higher equipment and remain the same(10%).

Finally, I think maybe this will discourage tank-class, so I think it may need some change.

And for Moon Lord, I can say I fight him with tank-type, so, not without hit, but without moving.

Sounds good, and less farming for those damn trophies!
But what about the Pumpking and the Ice Queen? You are BOUND to get hit a few times.

I've no-damaged both of them plenty of times without being overgeared, and you'll get plenty of tries to do so in the invasions regardless.

1. It's been done

2. You haven't proven anything by progressing far past a boss fight, especially with all the ways to easily cheese everything in the entire game. Although the system suggested does seem highly inadequate as high mobility and range will trivialize every pre-hardmode boss regardless of damage

Back
Top Bottom