Casual Pet Peeves

Actually 2D art can be more difficult than 3D (depends). You can make a 3D model and for the animations you just move the pieces around. For 2D animation you have to redraw every frame multiple times for every little action. I know I am no expert but 2D animation is a PAIN! 21 or so frames.. for one second? Yeeeah, that's a ton of work.
I wish you people would've quoted me so I'da known this conversation was going on... lol

Anyway...
Who said it's still IN the 80's?

This is what I find so silly about such comments. AAA 3-D style games are still the overwhelming majority. It's mind-boggling to think that someone out there thinks there's enough of these 2-D games to even remotely constitute a "threat" against them. Granted the indie scene has lots of 2D stuff (but plenty of 3D stuff) and if you ask me that just makes up for the lack of it in big-name gaming, especially on consoles.
I did say "It's so closed minded to think that people only do retro graphics because they can't do modern stuff for some awkward reason.", so I recognize that sometimes 2D graphics become utilized where there is a budget concern. However, I wanted to make it clear that (at least I believe) WANTING to do the game in 2D graphics in the first place is often the primary reason. There are lots of people who understand that 3D realistic graphics isn't always better. And a lot of those people are indie developers.
I think Razor meant he prefers detailed 2D graphics as opposed to pixilated 2D graphics

when people say 'Oh terraria, that minecraft copy game. It's meant for 9 year olds. Anyone older who plays that is stupid. I prefer pretending to shoot people, sleep with prostitutes and generally be a horrible mass murderer in Gta.'
Seriously, Why would you enjoy shooting people? Even pretend ones.
Shooting robots is different though, as they aren't real people. Die robots. Pew pew.
Whenever someone calls Terraria a Minecraft rip-off, just bring up Infiniminer.

I think Razor meant he prefers detailed 2D graphics as opposed to pixilated 2D graphics
Well, pixelated can also be detailed.

slug-eleph-walk.gif

This stuff takes a lot of skill.. and is definitely not easy.

when people say 'Oh terraria, that minecraft copy game. It's meant for 9 year olds. Anyone older who plays that is stupid. I prefer pretending to shoot people, sleep with prostitutes and generally be a horrible mass murderer in Gta.'
Seriously, Why would you enjoy shooting people? Even pretend ones.
Shooting robots is different though, as they aren't real people. Die robots. Pew pew.
because i hate humans?

i hate being told what to do or ordered around by anyone especially people younger then me.
people who make little comments as there walking away if you have something to say say it to my face.
i hate racists its the twenty first century give it up this goes both ways the black guys claiming everything white people do is racist while actually being more racist etc.
i hate being lied to
i probably have more but this is enough for now :p

My town's scheduling for garbage trucks, leaf collection, and similar functions. 90% of my town consists of narrow, one-way streets. So when do these gigantic, painfully slow moving vehicles come around? Morning rush hour. Thanks, :red:s.

People who try to go all "let me tell you how this work, youngster!" through the 'net, and they don't realize that they're not a fifteen years old teenager talking to a twelve years old boy, they're a fifteen years old teenager trying to teach someone who doubles their age (and then some) about stuff they've known for more than they've been alive.

I was them, back then. They remind me of my younger days. And I hate being reminded of how much of an immature brat I was.

Edit because I was just reminded of it: Children and preteens who have the bad habit of screeching out loud for everything and anything. They get 'tagged' when playing It? Screech like they're being cut in half. Score a goal playing soccer? Howl like no dramatic male actor has howled before. See their best friend walking down the block? Scream like they're falling off a building.

They should be taught the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." Because thanks to the overpopulation of children who do that in my country, I've gotten used to simply ignoring it, my brain sees those apparently desperate screeches as white noise - and I know I'm not the only one. That's not a good thing - one day they may be screeching because something bad actually happened, and nobody will come to their aid. "Hmph, that :red:ing kid must have scored a goal again. Should stay inside and play videogames instead."

Last edited:
people who hate a game because of the franchise and not the game. especially games like Zelda 2 which is a good game of its self, just not as a Zelda game.

- Feminists and Feminism. Equality was done years ago. Men and women make equal pay, etc, etc. Stop it already.

- Professional victimhood. This :red: speaks for itself just how :red:ing stupid it can be. Holy :red:.

- Tumblr. For :red:'s sake someone needs to burn that place to the ground, with all its users locked inside. It's practically a living cancer spreading slowly over the internet. Hell, it's even swallowed 4chan.

- Personal Pronouns. Got a dong? You're a he. Got a :red:? You're a she. Got neither one? You're an it. Wanna argue? Go :red: yourself. These people are the bane of existence and the posterchildren of entitlement. Coincides with Tumblr/professional victimhood.

- People who RUN YOUR :red:ING RPS INTO THE GROUND. >:C

- Kneejerk stupidity. So what if I do/don't like whatever it is we're talking about. Don't immediately get defensive and act like a :red:heap because I might've said something you disagree with. You discuss this :red: like a :red:ing adult, not claim someone's trolling to try get them modded.

- People who have nothing better to do than to try and get you fired from your :red:ing job. I will cut someone's gawdamn throat if I get fired over some idiot coming to my work and yelling horse:red:ing lies trying to get me canned.

- Stupid :red:ing people who worship "EARLY ACCESS" and shady devs just because they're promised something EXTRA SHINY for their ADD-rattled brains to stroke for 5 minutes and never look at again.

- Having my :red:ing Bill of Rights waived just because I signed a gawdamn employment or rental agreement. Oh, you want to go back to school you say? I'm sorry, we no longer have vacancies in this apartment complex. Or being :red:ing disciplined at work for HAVING A MOTHER:red:ING OPINION YOU WERE ASKED ABOUT. HHHHHRRRRRNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

... I realize that I am an angry person.

- Feminists and Feminism. Equality was done years ago. Men and women make equal pay, etc, etc. Stop it already.

- Professional victimhood. This :red: speaks for itself just how :red:ing stupid it can be. Holy :red:.

- Tumblr. For :red:'s sake someone needs to burn that place to the ground, with all its users locked inside. It's practically a living cancer spreading slowly over the internet. Hell, it's even swallowed 4chan.

- Personal Pronouns. Got a dong? You're a he. Got a :red:? You're a she. Got neither one? You're an it. Wanna argue? Go :red: yourself. These people are the bane of existence and the posterchildren of entitlement. Coincides with Tumblr/professional victimhood.

- People who RUN YOUR :red:ING RPS INTO THE GROUND. >:C

- Kneejerk stupidity. So what if I do/don't like whatever it is we're talking about. Don't immediately get defensive and act like a :red:heap because I might've said something you disagree with. You discuss this :red: like a :red:ing adult, not claim someone's trolling to try get them modded.

- People who have nothing better to do than to try and get you fired from your :red:ing job. I will cut someone's gawdamn throat if I get fired over some idiot coming to my work and yelling horse:red:ing lies trying to get me canned.

- Stupid :red:ing people who worship "EARLY ACCESS" and shady devs just because they're promised something EXTRA SHINY for their ADD-rattled brains to stroke for 5 minutes and never look at again.

- Having my :red:ing Bill of Rights waived just because I signed a gawdamn employment or rental agreement. Oh, you want to go back to school you say? I'm sorry, we no longer have vacancies in this apartment complex. Or being :red:ing disciplined at work for HAVING A MOTHER:red:ING OPINION YOU WERE ASKED ABOUT. HHHHHRRRRRNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

... I realize that I am an angry person.
i agree with everything in this post does that make me an angry person?

What purples my nurples: Fantasy Football.

Besides the fact that this is one more example of meatheads taking a core tenet of nerddom and perverting it into a mockery of its original form, it is a complete disgrace of everything that roleplaying stands for. Roleplaying is about comradery and creativity, not about losing or making money, and fantasy sports :red: all over that. If you want to waste your money gambling, that is completely fine with me, but there is no excuse for taking the concept of roleplaying mechanics and incorporating money to gain the attention of armchair jocks. It is all just one more example of my biggest pet peeve; normal people invading and destroying everything that nerds, geeks, and freaks built for ourselves.

What purples my nurples: Fantasy Football.

Besides the fact that this is one more example of meatheads taking a core tenet of nerddom and perverting it into a mockery of its original form, it is a complete disgrace of everything that roleplaying stands for. Roleplaying is about comradery and creativity, not about losing or making money, and fantasy sports :red: all over that. If you want to waste your money gambling, that is completely fine with me, but there is no excuse for taking the concept of roleplaying mechanics and incorporating money to gain the attention of armchair jocks. It is all just one more example of my biggest pet peeve; normal people invading and destroying everything that nerds, geeks, and freaks built for ourselves.
continuing on that i'm gonna come off as a bit of a hipster here but i'm sick and tired of people making fun of the way i dress then completely copying my style two months later.

-Destiny(the game) Like OMG why can you get legendary materials from a legendary helmet engram, I should be getting a helmet not some stupid materials.
-Why are there Christmas commercials in November, like can it just wait until December.
-Vegans. Meat is good for you.
-Sneakerheads. Why would you spend a lot of money for shoes, like da :red:??
-Like this one guy at my high school called me a "little kid" because I play games and :red:. Yet all he plays is Call of Duty... and he's a sneakerhead too.
-Bullies at school that call you a homosexual yet they're the same dudes drawing :red:s on paper.
-My Pre-AP Chemistry Teacher. She's kind of an :red: because she claims that she is the best teacher we will ever have and she even told us that her dog is more important than us. Like wow really?
-Teachers who try to be funny but intends to be awkward cause nobody laughs and the class is silent.
-Racists.
-My brother. Like OMG he acts like his life is the worst life evaaaaaaar. He told me that everday is a bad day for him and its like, "im suprised you dont cut yourself cause that sounds like an emo". Plus he's always broke because he's an alcoholic which means he always buying beer and :red:. Also did I mention he's 26 and stills lives with me and my parents. :red:, I have to share my room with him.
-PewDiePie. Dont Ask.
-Kids who act like they are grown.
-People who say FNAF2 is not a horror game just because its nothing but jumpscares. It has robots that look creepy as :red:. Like if those robots were real dont tell you wouldnt be horrified.
-Ever since me and my friends started high school they havent been able to come over to my house to play Terraria that much. But the rare chances we do get together to play... something has to go wrong. Like one of them has to leave early and :red: like that.
-Homework
-Those teachers who pick on you. Like omg leave me alone.
-One of my teachers say the word "literally" a lot for some reason. It makes no sense.
-When an add pops up on your phone and you try to press the x to get rid off it but the x is small so you accidentally press on the add instead.
All right then I think thats enough of me saying stuff. BYEEEEEE!!!.

A pet peeve of mine that has annoyed me for my entire life is when I have a stack of papers and they're not all aligned. I end wasting a few minutes making sure they're stacked perfectly without any edges sticking out only to have them crammed into a binder or folder a few seconds later never to be used again.

Another pet peeve is when people are just stupidly oblivious about the world outside of 'MURICA. I can't tell you how many times people have said Africa is a country and how many times they can't even locate Brazil, France, Japan, or any other country that you would assume everyone could find.

A pet peeve of mine that has annoyed me for my entire life is when I have a stack of papers and they're not all aligned. I end wasting a few minutes making sure they're stacked perfectly without any edges sticking out only to have them crammed into a binder or folder a few seconds later never to be used again. After that I usually question what I'm doing with my life and then proceed to wallow in my own self pity.
OH MY GOD.

YOU JUST REMINDED ME.

DOG EARED PAPER.

SERIOUSLY.

IT'S THE WORST.

Really, though. It always happens when I'm writing because I push the page with my jacket sleeve (#lefthanderproblems) and curl it up. They can't be flattened; they just spring back up, and continuing to write pushes against the curl and makes it bigger. Sometimes I slip and get a huge accidental fold all the way up the book, but even just writing my normal way puts a small one at the bottom left corner of every page.

My rule of thumb is this: If they have to make up a new word to explain why they're offended, their opinion isn't worth listening to.

That isn't to say using real words automatically makes them worth listening to. It just means there's a chance.

That is dead on. Libtard, Rethuglican, <anything>nazi, based, etc. If one can't manage the basic task of using real words when speaking, like big boys and girls, then they most likely have nothing useful to say.

Back
Top Bottom