Casual Pet Peeves

I meant that when you get a frozen pizza at the store, and it's a 3-4 meant kind, they skimp out on the pepperonis because there are other toppings on them. and most restaurants I've been to charge you extra for more toppings. :mad:
oh that sucks pepperonis the best part to.

What I truly hate with a passion are radical feminists. By this, I mean those who believe themselves to be superior to all men, blaming all men for being perverts who only see women as sex objects, or worse, rapists waiting to happen.

Buht what these feminists don't know, is that the mean-spirited comments that they target at men are actually a form of sexism, which is ironically what they were trying to put an end to in the first place.

Yes, I do know that there are terrible people performing sex-related crimes in the world, but it just isn't fair at all for radical feminists to see all men in the same way. I strongly believe that both men and woman were created equally, so they should show it and stop talking down to the opposite gender.

What I truly hate with a passion are radical feminists. By this, I mean those who believe themselves to be superior to all men, blaming all men for being perverts who only see women as sex objects, or worse, rapists waiting to happen.

Buht what these feminists don't know, is that the mean-spirited comments that they target at men are actually a form of sexism, which is ironically what they were trying to put an end to in the first place.

Yes, I do know that there are terrible people performing sex-related crimes in the world, but it just isn't fair at all for radical feminists to see all men in the same way. I strongly believe that both men and woman were created equally, so they should show it and stop talking down to the opposite gender.
omg. omg omg omg omg omg. I literally (yes i mean literally) thought of that the other day. was sooooooo waiting to throw it in someones face and see how they blow it off! same thing with racism!

Games that make live action trailers or trailers where they removed the HUD so I don't even know what kind of game it is or makes trailers consisting of cut-scenes and narration. *Sees game on steam* *watches trailers* *gets confused* *goes on youtube to see what it actually is*

This, so much. It doesn't even have to be a big live action trailer, either. I've seen plenty of indie games on Steam that don't even fill the basic purpose of telling me what kind of game it is.

Most forums I go onto, because most forums I go onto it's like I post a thread and it takes a week for someone to post on it, if it's a suggestion they just say "No this shouldn't be added" I say "Why not?" They say "Because it shouldn't be added" this goes on for about 3 pages of comments then I give up on the forum. I remember one instance where I posted something that was sort of a bugfix and sort of a suggestion, and it got 30 dislikes, it was a tower defense game and one of my favorite towers had a tracking projectile upgrade, quite often the projectile would circle the enemy instead of hitting them, I simply asked the devs to fix it, 30 DISlikes! What the heck!

The main ones I hate are when somebody rejects a suggestion on the logic "Oh, I wouldn't use it, therefore nobody should have it". Okay jackass, but you're not the only person who plays this game, and you can see there's a clear need for <insert feature here> if you look at other people's posts.

On a similar note, it bugs me when I see somebody ask for harder difficulty modes, and the immediate response is that they should try self-imposed challenges. I don't even play harder difficulties, but even I know that self-imposed limitations feel significantly different than actually tougher challenges. Think of it this way. If you're a martial artist who wants a tougher fight, do you challenge somebody who has a higher belt level, or do you tie one hand behind your back and continue fighting the same people you're currently sparring with?

----------------------------------------------------

Unrelated pet peeves:

When fields for phone numbers, credit card numbers, CD keys, and other long numbers don't allow you to put spaces or dashes in it so you can actually read it and see if it has any typos.

News headlines constantly being worded to be as misleading and panic-inducing as possible. Like if you see the headline "Missing teen found in woods!", that gives the impression it's a murder case, but then you look at the story and it's something like "Oh, they went on an unannounced camping trip. They're fine."

Bleach. (The anime). At first I liked it and thought it was cool, but then after a while of watching it the battles kinda ruined it for me. *Hero does awesome super move and looks like he's going to win.* *But then the villain reveals some BS that means he wasn't harmed at all by the attack and he's going to whoop the hero.** Then the hero reveals his back up plan.* *THEN the villan...* I am more surprised when a straightforward battle happens.

Also the filler. One episode of progress, five of the bad guys doing something to set the heroes back to square one and have them play catch up. That's if something important happens at all.

I would probably not like DBZ for similar reasons if I had not grew up with it.

When people pull my headphones out when I'm listening to music.
Especially when you don't know them.
Liek really?

Also when people barge into my room or look through the crack in my door(I've started to close it for this reason.

Or when my mom goes in my room when I'm not there. I know for a fact she does. Its not that I'm hiding anything but I've lost the little sense of privacy I have.

Also people that ask why repeatedly (mostly little kids)

And people *cough* mom *cough* that ask you questions but they want you to answer they way they want and if you give them your opinion they say your giving them an attitude. And in turn they end up giving you an attitude.

Also people who :red: at you then ask you for help as if they never :red:ed at you *cough* mom *cough*

Alsoooooo people who try to shove their religion down your throat (not saying its everyone)

I could go on but I don't want to give you a wall of text :S

When people pull my headphones out when I'm listening to music.
Especially when you don't know them.
Liek really?

Also when people barge into my room or look through the crack in my door(I've started to close it for this reason.

Or when my mom goes in my room when I'm not there. I know for a fact she does. Its not that I'm hiding anything but I've lost the little sense of privacy I have.

Also people that ask why repeatedly (mostly little kids)

And people *cough* mom *cough* that ask you questions but they want you to answer they way they want and if you give them your opinion they say your giving them an attitude. And in turn they end up giving you an attitude.

Also people who :red: at you then ask you for help as if they never :red:ed at you *cough* mom *cough*

Alsoooooo people who try to shove their religion down your throat (not saying its everyone)

I could go on but I don't want to give you a wall of text :S
yes! especially that first one someone did that o me and i just punched them in the face by 'accident'. i hate people going into my bubble and even more when people :red: with my music.

So much of this kind of stuff. I was so happy when I finally got a lock on my door.

"Well you already have us knock before we come in"
"Knocking as you're opening the door DOES NOT COUNT."

Fictional characters that have animals ears, as well as human ears. That really bothers me every time I see it.

Another thing that really peeves me is when people want you to play a game with them (like an MMO) only to vastly outclass you really fast then ditch you.

Edit: Almost forgot my biggest pet peeve of all time. People who assume that when someone speaks with a Southern Accent, that they are dumb.

And this is why some southerners like me go to extreme lengths to remove or overshadow their accent with something else

People who assume that listening the metal or rock, instantly makes you "emo"

People who don't like you for no apparent reason (bullies come to mind, I confronted mine, he shrugged and walked off smh)

People who automatically assume I'm a nerd because I play minecraft and terraria

People who think I'm gay because I'm a little "feminine" and wear skinny jeans

Religious arguments (ITS A FRICKEN RELIGION, respect each a others)

Racism, sexism, you know the usual things wrong with the world

When people act illogically. I base all of my arguments, reasoning, and decisions almost entirely on the facts, not on how people feel, or what is "right" or "wrong". (Also, I could easily go on a 50 page rant on why "right/wrong" and "good/evil" is literally one of the worst things humanity has created, but I'll spare you all.)

The only feminists I hate is the radical feminist who think that all men are sexist pigs and should have their junk chopped off and thrown in the trunk (bad pun and I'm very sorry for it) it just annoys the absolute crap outta me.
I very much agree with this. Nothing should ever be one way or the other, and I feel like very strict groups, such as feminists, would immediately put themselves in the very roles they wish to overthrow. In the words of a wise man, "Only siths work in absolutes".

Drivers. So, not all drivers are bad, but get ready for a rant.

- First off, the drivers who think they're in a freaking Fast and Furious movie, and drive at insane speeds inside the city. Made worse by the fact most of the cars they use weren't meant to run that fast a lot - not without the tuning they usually lack.

- Chatty drivers. Be it through a cellphone or the guys in your car, you're doing it wrong - a driver should be paying attention to the road, and the human mind, as proven time and again by actual scientific studies, can't multitask right.

- Those who are the opposite of the first type, and will drive excruciatingly slow for no good reason. They cause traffic jams and make the more volatile drivers act stupidly, hence being as much of a danger to others as the "NEED FOR SPEED LULZ!" drivers are.

- Bikers who just HAVE to have the noisiest exhaust pipes they can find. No, they're not looking at you in admiration, Mr. Macho Harley Driver, they're glaring at you because you're a noisy :red:.

- "I HAZ A STEREO!" drivers. Seriously. Music is to be listened at home, but if you MUST, for a life-or-death reason, listen to music in your car, don't listen it at a volume which lets me hear it from a block away. You're being a :red: to others and to your own ears.

- "I MISSED PARKING CLASS LOL!" drivers. They park in non-parking areas, they park in a double row, they park in freaking reserved spaces, or they take two slots in a shopping mall's parking lot.

- Gas bombs. Cars which are way too old to be circulating and will vent smoke and other stuff out all the freaking time. Really, I'm not even talking about "save the world from car emissions!" I'm talking about being an asthmatic and sometimes ending up coughing my lungs up because of your freaking tin can. Old, badly maintained cars are for junkyards, not the street.

- And finally, bus drivers and taxi drivers. :red: the usual "stereotypes are bad," in this case the stereotype applies so hard it leaves a mark. A bus/taxi driver who's not a complete :red: is a rarity so hard to see, they should be treated like precious jewels and admired likewise.

- "I MISSED PARKING CLASS LOL!" drivers. They park in non-parking areas, they park in a double row, they park in freaking reserved spaces, or they take two slots in a shopping mall's parking lot.

Nerve: STRUCK.

Parking on my street is very limited. Not counting the driveway (usually taken by a family member), there's space for two cars in front of my house. Except there's always some douchebag parked right in the middle, taking up both spaces. Nothing quite ruins the drive home like having to park half a block away because some idiot couldn't pull up 3 feet.

Of course, there are days where the driveway is open. Those days, you can count that the idiot on the other side of the driveway pulled all the way forward while also being a foot from the curb, preventing anything with a turn radius larger than a bicycle's from being able to swing into the driveway.

Yes. Yes to everything you said.
- Bikers who just HAVE to have the noisiest exhaust pipes they can find. No, they're not looking at you in admiration, Mr. Macho Harley Driver, they're glaring at you because you're a noisy :red:.

As my brother put it (in his nice Subaru), "Your obnoxious exhaust pipes aren't going to make your slow-:red: car (or bike) any faster, and any car with good engine doesn't need them."
- Gas bombs. Cars which are way too old to be circulating and will vent smoke and other stuff out all the freaking time. Really, I'm not even talking about "save the world from car emissions!" I'm talking about being an asthmatic and sometimes ending up coughing my lungs up because of your freaking tin can. Old, badly maintained cars are for junkyards, not the street.
Go to Germany, cars there have to have a sticker on them rating their pollution levels and certain parts of cities require a certain rank of sticker to drive there, and if your car is a junker, (smells bad, rust spots, large dents etc...) it is illegal to drive it. Also licenses cost +1000€.

Or Finland. You are required to know how to do power slides, what to do when hydroplaning, and avoiding moose as a part their drivers ed test.

I wish american road laws had standards.

Back
Top Bottom