Casual Pet Peeves

People who play games or game series that they haven't played before and play on harder difficulties because they are a self proclaimed "Good Gamers" like just because you've played COD doesn't mean you can beat Radiant Dawn on hard

When people believe that feeling sadness, and showing tears is a sign of "weakness". Along with when they use statements such as "wimp/pansy" or other similar statements towards the people who may be feeling sadness. Ignoring how "Strong/Weak" are subjective and how there's all sorts of different types of "Strength".

Crying is actually important to allow a person to "let out" all the negative feelings they have built up inside. It is a coping mechanism and seems to be a very underestimated one. Because it's far more self-destructive to not cry and hold it all in if one is feeling upset or depressed and is trying not to cry.

When people think bullying/harassment/abuse towards others is okay and even encouraged because "There will always be :red:s" and that it will never stop. It's an extremely irresponsible viewpoint and one that says "I give up" considering we wouldn't have made the progress with Basic Human Rights we have today in many places around the World if people did nothing and just accepted the abuse other people did towards other people.

When people think bullying/harassment/abuse towards others is okay and even encouraged because "There will always be :red:s" and that it will never stop. It's an extremely irresponsible viewpoint and one that says "I give up" considering we wouldn't have made the progress with Basic Human Rights we have today in many places around the World if people did nothing and just accepted the abuse other people did towards other people.

Oh my god, this. Back when I was in school, there was a really harsh teacher who would routinely put the whole class in detention for the actions of one student who wouldn't admit to what they did. And her response when anyone told her that was unfair? "Well life isn't fair." Well being unfair certainly isn't going to help it, you old :red:.

On an unrelated pet peeve: When text editors have "Undo" apply to individual characters you backspaced. It's faster to retype the stuff you erased than to hold Ctrl+Z long enough to bring it back!

Weed.
Seriously, I think it smells disgusting, and it pisses me off how so many of those who smoke it disregard the personal space of others, stinking up public areas and neighbors' houses.
And I especially can't stand that so many people shove it in your face that they smoke it, and announcing that they're proud of being potheads, as if it were the next big Civil Rights movement.

EDIT: And now that the "cool kid" wannabes have full access to it, this is really spiralling out of control.
I also hate how some things like weed have become memes. When I see the first word of a post is "Weed" I immediately think that it's a troll post because 90% of the time when people talk about weed they are just being trolls. There are several other things like Hitler, Cancer, 9/11, or ISIS that have become memes.

This is frankly just flat out wrong. I get that they don't mean any disrespect most of the time, and it's all really just one big joke. But these are all horrible things that really shouldn't be joked about. It's sad that when someone actually speaks literally about these subjects it's hard to take them literally.

Honestly people, Hitler killied MILLIONS, Cancer is one of the worst illnesses out there, 9/11 was mass murder, and ISIS is doing things just as bad or worse than Hitler did.

I will never get over the huge amount of people I get stuck behind on narrow-ish footpaths. Why is it that there are so many dawdlers at university?

My mouse. Sometimes it clicks. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it clicks twice. Sometimes it's enough to pull your hair out.

The filtering options when shopping online.

1. The filters available are never relevant to the features I want to search by. I'm currently searching for furniture, and it baffles me that I can search by manufacturer or number of shelves, but not what the object's dimensions are. That's kind of important when the room it's going in has limited space...

2. If the site does have reasonable filters, it then makes them a pain to use, by having the whole page refresh any time you change any single input on the filter list.

My phone's autocorrect. Lately, it's been trying to correct perfectly spelled words into nonsense that I've never seen / typed before...so why is it even trying? It tried to correct "some" into "sone."

"The sone is a unit of how loud a sound is perceived." Yeah, sure, phone. When I said "Want to get some pizza" what I really meant was "Want to get a unit of the perceived volume of sound pizza?" Or how, lately, it's trying to autocorrect " I " into " u." Not "you" but "u." My phone completely slanders my sentences by dumbing down my language into slang, while also trying to warp the entire meaning of the sentence. I'm not hating on autocorrect, because sometimes it catches misspelling and fixes it. But when it takes a perfectly good sentence and butchers it...that's just dumb.

"What would cause that?" becomes "What would cuz that?" You're seriously going to transform the correct usage of a word into the slang equivalent...when it doesn't even make sense there? Technology. (Yes, I'm aware I can turn off autocorrect / revert autocorrects before sending the message, but I have to babysit my phone to do it.) It actually tried to autocorrect "holographic" to "holocaust." If I spell a word perfectly, there's no need to change it. Lay off. Your job is to fix spelling errors/grammar errors, and it ends there.

Also, another thing that really bothers me lately, is people that speed up to get in front of me...and then they slow down. I realize there's very little things that draw my ire more than being stuck behind someone who's going so slow, and I literally get upset when someone speeds up to get ahead of me, and then slows down. Not even in vehicles, but on foot. My comfortable walking speed is fast, and silent.

But when people rush ahead, just to get in front of me, and then slow down...it aggravates me. I work in a grocery store, and do a ton of walking. There are some days when I actually just get annoyed at people in general, because how often I'm stuck behind someone who seems to be going the same exact place/direction as me, who is going 25% of my speed. To the point where I turn around and walk up a different aisle to get to the same destination.

Is it quicker to just wait behind the slow-walker, than it is to walk comfortably down a different aisle? Probably. But having to slow down so drastically just because Speedy Gonzales decided to evolve into a gods damned Slowpoke the second he got in front of me irks me. While on the subject of grocery stores (Yes, a gold mine of pet peeves to be found when you're working or visiting a grocery store), people who have 4-5 people in their group...who walk down an aisle...side by side. It makes it entirely impossible to navigate around them, unless they decide to just behave considerately and walk behind / in front of one another.

I'm mute, I don't get the luxury of telling them to get out of the way, or "excuse me." But I get fed up with people who acknowledge nobody's existence but their own, and don't once consider that their simple actions could be inhibiting other people's movement or experience. People who have 5 people and walk side by side, people who park their cart in the very middle of the aisle so nobody can get by without bumping the shelves or the cart, people who block the entrance to an aisle with their cart because they're busy sending a text, or want to read every single nutritional fact on a box of graham crackers.

I almost got in trouble with my manager once, because this lady blocked the entrance to an aisle, and was talking on her phone while staring at a shelf 30 feet away from her cart. I moved her cart out of the way, she glared at me, I gave her a thumbs up, and she complained...after she finished the world's most important phone call.

Last edited:
My phone's autocorrect. Lately, it's been trying to correct perfectly spelled words into nonsense that I've never seen / typed before...so why is it even trying? It tried to correct "some" into "sone."

"The sone is a unit of how loud a sound is perceived." Yeah, sure, phone. When I said "Want to get some pizza" what I really meant was "Want to get a unit of the perceived volume of sound pizza?" Or how, lately, it's trying to autocorrect " I " into " u." Not "you" but "u." My phone completely slanders my sentences by dumbing down my language into slang, while also trying to warp the entire meaning of the sentence. I'm not hating on autocorrect, because sometimes it catches misspelling and fixes it. But when it takes a perfectly good sentence and butchers it...that's just dumb.

"What would cause that?" becomes "What would cuz that?" You're seriously going to transform the correct usage of a word into the slang equivalent...when it doesn't even make sense there? Technology. (Yes, I'm aware I can turn off autocorrect / revert autocorrects before sending the message, but I have to babysit my phone to do it.) It actually tried to autocorrect "holographic" to "holocaust." If I spell a word perfectly, there's no need to change it. Lay off. Your job is to fix spelling errors/grammar errors, and it ends there.

Is your phone's keyboard or autocorrect set to a different language or something? My previous phone did some bizarre :red: like this until I noticed the "EN" in the corner had become "ES". Turns out it was a button directly on the keyboard for switching between English and Spanish spellcheck. I don't know how many people would need such a thing, but I'm certainly not one of them.

Is your phone's keyboard or autocorrect set to a different language or something? My previous phone did some bizarre :red: like this until I noticed the "EN" in the corner had become "ES". Turns out it was a button directly on the keyboard for switching between English and Spanish spellcheck. I don't know how many people would need such a thing, but I'm certainly not one of them.

Nah, just checked...English (US). To be fair, my phone is pretty old...several iterations behind the latest in its line. Maybe when I get around to upgrading it, it will stop being a nazi sympathizer. Not the first time it's tried to correct something into some horribly racist / holocaust related drivel.

My own :red:ing brain.
Let me elaborate, the human brain is an incredibly complex system of neurons, with different segments that carry out different processes. Your brain (assuming the people reading this aren't robots) is SUPPOSED to work near-flawlessly in order to keep your body moving. My brain is a different story.

Let's say i'm playing Zelda or something, and I need to remember which switches are supposed to be on and which ones need to be off. This is where my CLUSTER:redmunch: OF A BRAIN DECIDES "HEY, LET'S TOSS THESE SHORT-TERM MEMORIES! HE DOESN'T NEED THEM!" And then I have to pull up a guide or spend another 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do again. My brain also makes me feel pain whenever I have to do something I don't like "Oh, let's just make his muscles feel like they are cramped up whenever we don't get our way".
That kind of cluster:redspin:ing is the reason I can NEVER get things done, not even in real life.

I have problems with the spacing in worksheets (especially English, the subject that has a worksheet handed to you each day over here).

Corrent and rewrite everything blah blah blah
1. This is an random sentence. --> ........................................................
2. This is another random sentence but longerer. -->.................................

If you give us a longer sentence, at least give us more space to write, dammit. Now I have to squeeze the words somewhere, which is incredibly annoying to write and look at. But a few sentences later....

5. whateven is dis -->........................................................................
....................................................................................................

Really? Why do you give so much space here when we need it up there? And then I have to look at the second line being empty, which is also annoying af since everytime I look through everything, I see the empty space, thought it's something I haven't done, and turns out it's just some unused space.

If it's uncommon, I wouldn't mind. But since it happens extremely frequently (like 99% of the worksheets I've done have this problem), sometimes I just want tear off the paper, find whoever made this and give him a punch in the face.

Crappy implementation of keyboard controls. I don't care if your game is "better" on a controller. If you release it on PC, it needs to play well on a keyboard.

1. Menus must always be navigable with arrows, Enter, and Escape. Do not force me to use my attack or jump buttons to navigate menus just because "that's how it works on controller". Leaving me stuck on the title screen and options, even briefly, just because I can't figure out what buttons confirm or cancel, is a surefire way to make a bad first impression.

2. Do not bind multiple actions to the same button, unless you're absolutely sure those functions will never overlap. I've got a million different buttons I can use, so don't trip me up with bad contextual actions. As much as I love Saints Row 4, I hate how it has "Reload" stuck on the same button as "Drop my current awesome gun and pick up something crappy off a dead guy".

3. Assign sensible default controls. Don't go the Axiom Verge route and just assign keys by whatever letter the action starts with.

4. Swap in different UI elements if they don't make sense on a keyboard. This overlaps with #2 a bit. Don't make me screw around with an unfamiliar interface when I have more than enough unused keys for all the shortcuts it holds.

I'm extremely annoyed with adults who see the younger say something they don't like, then they call it :red:ing 'disrespectful'.

I don't give a :red: how you feel. I don't give a :red: how old are you. If what I said is right, you need to :red:ing accept it and not "you're disrespecting me". I'm sick of this bs. Adults think they are superior to the younger and every things they said is absolutely correct.

I've listened to everything you said, I agree to do it your way, but when I explain why I don't like it, it's 'disrespecting'.

The worst thing is if you don't say anything it's also disrespectful because why the :red: not.

Back
Top Bottom