Pickaxe Axe or Drax?

Pickaxe Axe or Drax?

• Total voters
if they were the same as pointed out on OP's post, then definitely drax, it's too OG
but right now it's obviously PAA because i need all the range i can lol

(personally i've always thought that the increase in range at later hardmode ores should already begin at hallowed, with drax having a 0 modifier and PAA having +1)

Drills are too loud for me so even if drills were buffed to compete with pickaxes I wouldn’t pick drax.
Also everyone who says drills are better doesn’t realize that pickaxes catch up if you have light modifier, ambrosia, and T1 well fed. Let alone any actually strong mining speed bonuses like ancient chisel, sugar rush, mining potion, celestial shell, T3 well fed, mining armor, or hand of creation.

Last edited:
Also, I think a big part of it is just the context.
When I'm crafting a Drax or Pickaxe Axe, I'm pretty much only doing it to mine a bunch of Chlorophyte and nothing else, so I don't see any reason to optimize.
If drills were in pre-Hardmode, I'd probably prefer pickaxes, but they're not.

Drax has cooler name.
Also, I just like drills more anyway because I don't know anyone who has time to give themselves mining buffs all the time.
Hi! I have time for those. Now that you are aware of my existence, Mining buffs are so ridiculously crazy (You mine at double speed with just Potion + Chisel) that you actually save time by going out of your way to craft them, rather than losing it. The buffs are really cheap, anyways, just some herbs and a mandible (which you have plenty of if you went looking for a Chisel) for the potion, and then the Chisel itself, which is just an accessory.

Hi! I have time for those. Now that you are aware of my existence, Mining buffs are so ridiculously crazy (You mine at double speed with just Potion + Chisel) that you actually save time by going out of your way to craft them, rather than losing it. The buffs are really cheap, anyways, just some herbs and a mandible (which you have plenty of if you went looking for a Chisel) for the potion, and then the Chisel itself, which is just an accessory.
Alright that's some dedication, but I guess what I want to know is, does it really matter at that stage of the game? I don't remember doing pretty much any time-consuming mining after beating Wall of Flesh. Rod of Discord usually takes care of tunneling issues, and otherwise I could just use bombs.
I see mining speed being a big deal in pre-Hardmode, when you need to mine tons of materials and dig hellevators and possibly some infection trenches, but I've just never understood the debate over HM ore pickaxes versus drills when I doubt either of them see heavy use.

Back
Top Bottom