Game Mechanics Please, for the love of God, REMOVE THE CRUMBLING BLOCKS!

Sprite

Terrarian
This was the worst addition to the game that you guys have made since the game began. Not only are they a frustrating mechanic for casual exploration, but they are also buggy as all hell. Enemies will up and down warp through them like it's nobody's business and turns the dungeon from a reasonable challenge into just "Why even bother going into a place when it's nothing but bugs?"

Remove the crumbling blocks from the Dungeon. Don't even bother "bug fixing" them -- Just remove them entirely. Coming from two HIGHLY dissatisfied, experienced Terraria consumers, we HATE this addition to the game and want to see it straight up removed.

This was the worst addition to the game that you guys have made since the game began. Not only are they a frustrating mechanic for casual exploration, but they are also buggy as all hell. Enemies will up and down warp through them like it's nobody's business and turns the dungeon from a reasonable challenge into just "Why even bother going into a place when it's nothing but bugs?"

Remove the crumbling blocks from the Dungeon. Don't even bother "bug fixing" them -- Just remove them entirely. Coming from two HIGHLY dissatisfied, experienced Terraria consumers, we HATE this addition to the game and want to see it straight up removed.
Well I don’t see this happening, they were added to make the dungeon have some secrets hidden.

Well I don’t see this happening, they were added to make the dungeon have some secrets hidden.
Secrets or not, this is the most infuriating, buggy thing they have ever put into the game. Dungeon traversing is actually more pain and frustration than it's actually worth with how badly coded it is. Enemies warping all over the place and popping up in through blocks they shouldn't be is never okay.
I mean, God, I had an Angry Bones launch itself at me at the same speed as a Bone Lee because of this. An Angry Bones!
Don't even get me started on the number of times they warped back into the walls so far that you can't even touch them, but things like the Dark Casters can still hit you. That's some mega BS.

Its very frustrating trying to get through them. Theres just too much of it less of the crumbling blocks would be good.

Its very frustrating trying to get through them. Theres just too much of it less of the crumbling blocks would be good.
I more so have a problem with the enemies warping all over the place because of them. They touch a cracked block and them ZOOM. Off they go, usually right into my face.

The Dungeon is the most disappointing thing in 1.4. They claimed they had completely changed it and instead they made it more annoying to traverse. Crumbling blocks are cool the first 5 seconds you encounter them, then you just want them to go away.

I was actually excited for this change in particular, along with the new bosses and the Underground Jungle track (I was slightly disappointed, but it's still a banger). Once I heard of what they actually did, I was also quite disappointed. I didn't realize how bad it was until this thread, but now that I think of it, they barely did anything to improve the Dungeon, actually doing the opposite.

I was actually excited for this change in particular, along with the new bosses and the Underground Jungle track (I was slightly disappointed, but it's still a banger). Once I heard of what they actually did, I was also quite disappointed. I didn't realize how bad it was until this thread, but now that I think of it, they barely did anything to improve the Dungeon, actually doing the opposite.
Yes, they overtuned the Desert for no good reason, and then added the most buggy and frustrating thing in the world to the Dungeon. Most of 1.4 was pretty good, but the crumbling blocks, just... No. Rethink your decisions and remove them.

I didn't particularly feel uncomfortable with this new block type. But I was disappointed about Redigit saying that there were going to be a lot more traps because I thought they were really new traps and not new structures like ditches in the dungeon and things like that.

I think removing these blocks is a bit of an exaggeration because we would lose something useful for traps.
Perhaps the solution is just to make this type of block optional when generated in a world.

I didn't particularly feel uncomfortable with this new block type. But I was disappointed about Redigit saying that there were going to be a lot more traps because I thought they were really new traps and not new structures like ditches in the dungeon and things like that.

I think removing these blocks is a bit of an exaggeration because we would lose something useful for traps.
Perhaps the solution is just to make this type of block optional when generated in a world.
Or just have less of them.

Same with me. I have never had bugs with them.
Then lucky you two. We CONSTANTLY run into issues with enemies upwarping, downwarping, shoving themselves into walls, and blitzing into us because them clipping into floors and gaining ridiculous amounts of speed. (Almost hoik levels.)

Whenever I try to break them, I end up having to mine them repeatedly because only two blocks break for me

Are you talking about Cracked Brick? I still like this addition, the dungeon with them is a new dungeon, I love to see and hearing these blocks falling in large quantities at once in a chain reaction.

Back
Top Bottom