Game Mechanics Please increase the chest name character limit

Quizer

Terrarian
The character limit when renaming chests is way too small. There is a definite problem if I want to make a chest to store my Solar Tablet Fragments and am unable to name the chest accordingly because the game won't let me put in this modest number of characters.

I don't expect to be able to name chests with ridiculously long strings of letters to reflect prefixes and all sorts of other qualifiers, but any regular item name should fit into the chest renaming interface. The character limit should probably be at least twice what it is now.

You could always just use a few abbreviations, but I don't see why this shouldn't be a thing.
I do that where I must, even though it offends my sense of neatness. If I allocate an entire chest to storing a single item, I want to be able to slap that item's exact name on it, so that when I stand in my warehouse looking for something specific, my brain will be able to parse what I see even if I only hover over the chest for 0.1 seconds, without having that extra step of needing to translate to a different item name because the real one wouldn't fit.

I support. Now when we have more languages in game that suggestion will be helpfull :naughty:
That's another good point. Many languages, for example German, tend to use way more letters than English to name / describe the same thing. For these users, a higher character limit would also be a boon.

Yeah, I usually find myself using signs to label chests instead because of this, and giving the chest a dumb name like "Mimic 500/500"

Back
Top Bottom