Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Going to buy the Moon version. For some weird reason it looks like Rotoms evil cousin (I don't even think anyone else thinks it looks like rotom, maybe I'm just completely stupid, I don't know.)

The starters were .. okay. The fire one is beautiful, the Owl is okay the water is just .. please no.
The graphics look amazing and give me that Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness vibe which is magnificent.
The region also looks pretty, hopefully it will be a bunch of islands that we will explore and please for the love of Arceus please have some post game. X/Y and OR/AS had god awful post game.

Litten looks great, however I have the horrible fear it's gonna be another Fire/Dark type.

There's only one fire/dark type line though, and that's Houndoom. I agree with Char, dark would be much appreciated over fighting.

On another note, I read something interesting on the Pokemon sub-reddit. Take a look at Litten's face. If you combine the marking on it's head along with it's eyes, you get the alchemical symbol for sulfur, aka brimstone. If any of you have ever played "Binding of Isaac", this symbol might be familiar.

Anyways, fire and brimstone have always gone hand in hand. However, there's a bit more to it than that. Brimstone is also associated with Hell and the devil.

Wikipedia said:
Being abundantly available in native form, sulfur was known in ancient times and is referred to in the Torah (Genesis). English translations of the Bible commonly referred to burning sulfur as "brimstone", giving rise to the term "fire-and-brimstone" sermons, in which listeners are reminded of the fate of eternal damnation that await the unbelieving and unrepentant. It is from this part of the Bible that Hell is implied to "smell of sulfur" (likely due to its association with volcanic activity).

In addition to this, Litten is clearly based off of a black cat. As we all know, these were not only associated with bad luck, but with witches. And witches were often believed to work with the devil in exchange for their powers. Black cats themselves have even been accused of working for the devil or even being demons.

Wikipedia said:
The black cat in folklore has been able to change into human shape to act as a spy or courier for witches or demons. When the Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth Rock, they brought with them a devout faith in the Bible. They also brought a deepening suspicion of anything deemed of Satan and were a deeply suspicious group. They viewed the black cat as a companion, or a familiar to witches. Anyone caught with a black cat would be severely punished or even killed. They viewed the black cat as part demon and part sorcery. During the Middle Ages, these superstitions led people to kill black cats. There is no evidence from England of regular large-scale massacres of "satanic" cats, or of burning them in midsummer bonfires, as sometimes occurred elsewhere in Europe.

Between this, it's black coloration, it's yellow eyes, it's red coloration as opposed to the typical orange, and it's sarcastic demeanor, I'm pretty much convinced it will be a dark type. Sorry, Matsu.

250px-Litten.png
sulfur.jpg

Edit: A bit gruesome for a children's game, but I realized another thing. Litten could also be based on the burning of witches at a pyre.

Last edited:
Looking at the list of event Pokemon for November and December it is possible Genesect and Meloetta might be downloadable in X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon.

I have a confession to make.

I have never played a pokemon game. I have come to the conclusion that I need to play one ASAP, and I'm looking at the list of them and wondering which one I should start with. I take it that there are some serious pokemon players here that can recommend one to me.

I have a confession to make.

I have never played a pokemon game. I have come to the conclusion that I need to play one ASAP, and I'm looking at the list of them and wondering which one I should start with. I take it that there are some serious pokemon players here that can recommend one to me.
Black 2/White 2.
Just, they're amazing

Back
Top Bottom