Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
So looking at the dex entry of Dartrix from the website, I'm not quite sure if this is just fluff(lore for those who don't know), or actual crunch(A game mechanic) but it mentions that Dartrix likes to be clean and might forfeit a fight if it gets bothered by dirt, and its up to its trainer to help it get through this phase. Again, if that's fluff, it's basically trivia. If it's crunch, you actually need to refresh your Dartrix to keep it wanting to battle.

Brionne's appearance and Torracat's dex entry talking about it punching things is kind of foreshadowing.

Now, on other things. I didn't want (want being a strong word, I don't care all that much) Ash-Greninja to be real, but I'm not really sure why. It's one of those things we were told was going to happen for a long time now, and yet it was likely the least believable. I figured as soon as I saw Greninja for the demo it was going to be true, though. I can't say what to think of it - don't know its crunch, after all. It might be a sort of Mega Evolution, which speaking of, I'm glad the constant talk of that being removed was disproven.

In this, the thing I actually ended up being most glad about is actually Poke Pelago. I am always wracked with guilt about having to put a mon in the box, or like just happened in Yellow, bother to get a Growlithe, buy a Fire Stone to make it an Arcanine, and then put it back in the box because Yellow hands you all of the starters and I don't actually need another Fire Type due to Charizard (Had to box Pidgeot to free a slot when it evolved into that for Fly, which Charizard can actually learn in Yellow, unlike Red & Blue). Now, in Sun & Moon, that won't happen - being boxed doesn't mean they are trapped in a storage prison anymore. You even get to see them have fun and in some ways supervise it. Good stuff.

Satoshi-Greninja looks a whole lot cooler than the regular one to me, so I approve and have always just wished that it was the original form.

So looking at the dex entry of Dartrix from the website, I'm not quite sure if this is just fluff(lore for those who don't know), or actual crunch(A game mechanic) but it mentions that Dartrix likes to be clean and might forfeit a fight if it gets bothered by dirt, and its up to its trainer to help it get through this phase. Again, if that's fluff, it's basically trivia. If it's crunch, you actually need to refresh your Dartrix to keep it wanting to battle.

Brionne's appearance and Torracat's dex entry talking about it punching things is kind of foreshadowing.

Now, on other things. I didn't want (want being a strong word, I don't care all that much) Ash-Greninja to be real, but I'm not really sure why. It's one of those things we were told was going to happen for a long time now, and yet it was likely the least believable. I figured as soon as I saw Greninja for the demo it was going to be true, though. I can't say what to think of it - don't know its crunch, after all. It might be a sort of Mega Evolution, which speaking of, I'm glad the constant talk of that being removed was disproven.

In this, the thing I actually ended up being most glad about is actually Poke Pelago. I am always wracked with guilt about having to put a mon in the box, or like just happened in Yellow, bother to get a Growlithe, buy a Fire Stone to make it an Arcanine, and then put it back in the box because Yellow hands you all of the starters and I don't actually need another Fire Type due to Charizard (Had to box Pidgeot to free a slot when it evolved into that for Fly, which Charizard can actually learn in Yellow, unlike Red & Blue). Now, in Sun & Moon, that won't happen - being boxed doesn't mean they are trapped in a storage prison anymore. You even get to see them have fun and in some ways supervise it. Good stuff.
I'm pretty sure that's just flavor text/fluff. That would kinda be annoying to have to clean your Dartrix after every battle or it wouldn't fight. That said, the 2nd stage forms look great! Love Dartrix's little hair/feather flip, ahaha.

At this point, I'd be more shocked if the leaked forms weren't real. If anything, I'm still on board for the split evo theory.

Personally, Ash Greninja was one of those rumors I didn't want to be real either. I was okay with him in the anime, because hey, it worked in the anime. Ash got his own trump card that functioned like a Mega. That was his specialty. The fact that we're also getting Ash Greninja is weird. This is Ash's Greninja, not ours. Why does everyone now have access to a Pokemon that evolved purely on the bond of the anime's protagonist? Ash Greninja didn't establish any kind of bond with us. I could go on, but I think you all understand what I'm getting at here.

Poke Pelago is a great addition, no disagreements there. It feels great to give your PC Pokemon some R&R rather than have them remain stuck in stasis for an eternity. Gives me a lot of art ideas!

Festival Plaza is great as well. A nice nod back to the Join Avenue from BW2. And I spy a Team Skull Grunt as a shopkeeper in the Japanese trailer!

We should totally do a Gigalith vs. Gigalith battle sometime.
Just Gigalith.
Because mirror match.
I think it would be slightly unfair since mine's existed longer and also knows earthquake, though, but think of the possibilities!!!!

Boulderta 2 op

Or even better, Gigalith, Gigalith, Gigalith, Gigalith, Gigalith, and Gigalith vs. Gigalith, Gigalith, Gigalith, Gigalith, Gigalith, and Gigalith

Back
Top Bottom