Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Incineroar is the only new Pokémon that I think it horrendously ugly

tumblr_inline_oemtzff7B51tzyxxi_540.jpg

I shall kiss him and love him and squeeze him and call him Furio Tigre. And then we shall proceed to kick the butts of all those stuck-up Rowlet snobs.

This reveal is pretty awesome. Battle Tree, Final Evos, Red, Blue, Cynthia, Wally, making the League, so hype. Also, little easter egg, Red's shirt says 96 on it.

I will say that the official artwork helped its case a LOT, but I still don't like it. However, I also don't like Lucario, so I guess I just don't like the bipedal furrys.

I get serious furry vibes from Lucario, but none from Incineroar. Despite being clearly anthropomorphic, Incineroar reminds me of a Loony Tunes character more than someone's edgy OC. And that's a good thing.

I saw so much dislike for Inceneroar and Primarina early on that I got sick of it and started liking them for kicks. But now, I actually do like them.

Can't say I hate any of the Tapus either. At this point though, there's not many secrets left, and I sure hope they don't have another trailer that gives away those last few secrets (though the leaks already gave away part of them) because I want to actually see for myself

Exactly what is going to happen with Cosmog and its evolution, and also Marshadow's information, and perhaps even the truth about Aether

But who knows? Not sure if there are even more trailers left, and they're probably not giving all of those things away.

I saw so much dislike for Inceneroar and Primarina early on that I got sick of it and started liking them for kicks. But now, I actually do like them.

Kind of in a similar situation here. I hated Incineroar at first when the Chinese leaks were 'proven', but then I quickly started seeing it in a different light. He wasn't cool like Groudon or Feraligatr, but he was cool in his own way. Plus, he started reminding me of Hobbes. He's a bipedal tiger with hands, Hobbes is a bipedal tiger with hands. And I freaking LOVE Hobbes. So it was literally impossible for me to hate him from that point on.

Kind of in a similar situation here. I hated Incineroar at first when the Chinese leaks were 'proven', but then I quickly started seeing it in a different light. He wasn't cool like Groudon or Feraligatr, but he was cool in his own way. Plus, he started reminding me of Hobbes. He's a bipedal tiger with hands, Hobbes is a bipedal tiger with hands. And I freaking LOVE Hobbes. So it was literally impossible for me to hate him from that point on.
As soon as it looked like the Heel thing was real I started changing my mind on that. It is a very interesting thing for a Pokemon to be, (and sounds like a fun thing TO beat that) but then you'd see arguments that he'd be another Fire/Fighting. Was afraid they'd do it, but I suppose they knew exactly what to do with him. Its funny, due to just that, he's still unique, as only Houndoom and Mega Houndoom would give him ANY kind of competition for the spot he's got, and being a starter, his power level is right between them somewhere, hopefully with higher Attack and Defense than they get.

You'd have similar mockery for Decidueye, actually. That it'd be 4x weak to Ice. Even looking at the datamining we got blindsided by Grass/Ghost. It similarly would only have competition from Gourgeist and Trevenant, neither of which have starter tier stats. (Though they might be useful, I wouldn't know.)

Primarina seems to be an odd one out here. Azumarill and Tapu Fini are probably more competition for it than the other two would get. I'm not personally sure about anything to do with Azumarill because I never bothered with it, but Tapu Fini probably has a leg up on it already.

The thing with Azumaril is that it is a broken pokemon for ingame play. Azumarill effectively has 150 base Attack thanks to Huge Power (Don't even bother with Cute Charm or Sap Sipper unless you want a paperweight on your team), has the amazing Water/Fairy typing and is bulky enough to take several Neutral hits before you start needing to heal it. These characteristics let it just destroy and destroy whatever stands in it's way unless the foe resists it and/or is strong enough to muscle through it's bulk despite it's poor speed. Primarina stands no chance at competing against that unless it gets an excellent movepool and/or stat spread.

Tapu Fini is more likely to compete with Azumarill ingame, in large part due to it's ability granting an automatic Fairy Terrain. If the Tapu pokemon are minor legendary-tier pokemon (580 BST) or Snorlax/Volcarona-tier pokemon (555 BST), Tapu Fini would be more fit to compete with Azumarill unless it gets a bad stat spread.

That is, unless Huge Power gets nerfed (which it is about time for).

Oh wow, it's been a while since I'e been here, but I've got the hype, let's talk some Pokemon!

Honestly, while this reveal is cool and all, part of me is wondering if they're revealing too much now. I don't mind the starter reveals a ton, but the Guardians and Battle Tree might've been best saved for players to discover, I feel.

The starters, they're pretty cool. Design-wise, I don't think any are making the favorite list (except maybe Inciniroar), but they all seem pretty interesting to use. My obsessions with balanced teams and not using that everyone else is using pretty much guarantee I'm using Primarina, though.
As for the signature moves, I like them for the most part. Spirit Shackle is pretty awesome (but the type threw me off for a second because I didn't notice Decidueye had a new type), Darkest Lariat is plain cool and has a nice effect (but somehow the Japanese name DD Lariat is stuck in my mind), although I was not too big on Sparkling Aria. Maybe if you run it with Scald, but I wouldn't like using a moveslot on that combo. Killing an enemy's burn doesn't seem like a grand idea to me usually.

I like the Tapus. I'll have to see their stats, but auto-setting Terrains is very helpful. And the new Psychic Terrain sounds handy, if what I hear about blocking priority moves is true.
Tapu Lele's probably my favorite in design. Cuuuute~

As for Battle Tree, it looks pretty similar to Battle Chateau, but seeing old faces was neat. I really hope we get to see more player/rival characters though. Seeing Red and Blue was cool and all (rip manga blue/leaf though), but I'd love to see more. The three GSC playable characters (Don't forget Kris!) and the BW1/2 player characters especially come to mind.

......But I'm not getting my hopes up on that, especially given that the Gen 1 pandering has been real as of late.
(I just wanted some Gen 2-5 Alola forms...)

Wow... I'm really starting to wish I didn't skip out on omega ruby and alpha sapphire...

Also, YES WE'RE FINALLY AT THE SINNOH REGION!

Edit: yep, that was... absolutely terrifying.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember 'Rockruff`s Secret'? and the fact It is shared with the starters. Now I want to ask, the secret is that Lycanroc had 2 forms depending on the game it evolved in then what does it mean for the starters?

It was either completely mistranslated or it was that they had Signature Moves. And even that's debatable because Wereruff has Counter, which isn't new or exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom