Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
1. Groudon
2. Kyogre
3. Yveltal

Because Groudon+Kyogre=fighting and destruction and Yveltal's the destruction pokemon.

I just mark my favourite Pokemon with them because I couldn't care less about IVs. To me, Pokemon aren't just computer programs that I need to make a bunch of to get the "perfect" ones, they're friends.
I would have lost interest in the game a long time ago if this were actually the case. Everything pre-I-beat-the-elite-four-and-champion, is just boring, easy, keep-earning to be able to grow your berries and gain your TMs, and find a good Ditto for team building. Post-game is the only content, imo, otherwise the cartoon > the game.

Random game! Everybody list their top 3 Pokemon they want to be real! I'll go first.
  1. Haunter
  2. Ninetales
  3. Vulpix
  4. Charmander
  5. Gyarados
...Not possible to list only 3.

Edit: Oh, I thought this was favorites. Want to be real, eh?

1. Eevee
  2. Delcatty
  3. Zoura/Vulpix

Thinking about getting a good grip on EVs and IVs as soon as I can in the next game. EVs will be easy as long as Super Training remains a thing, but IVs will be more of a challenge because I've never worked with them before.

I would have lost interest in the game a long time ago if this were actually the case. Everything pre-I-beat-the-elite-four-and-champion, is just boring, easy, keep-earning to be able to grow your berries and gain your TMs, and find a good Ditto for team building. Post-game is the only content, imo, otherwise the cartoon > the game.

1. Haunter
  2. Ninetales
  3. Vulpix
  4. Charmander
  5. Gyarados
...Not possible to list only 3.

I would assume having one Pokemon in an evolutionary chain means that the others would exist as well?

I would assume having one Pokemon in an evolutionary chain means that the others would exist as well?
I would damn well hope not. I would never in a million years choose Eevee if the evolutions could/would exist in addition to the ones selected. Ghost/Psychic Pokemon existing would mean the end of the human race because they are so ungodly powerful, and fire and electric Pokemon existing would be gunned down to near-extinction ASAP (with test subjects for the government remaining, of course) due to how incredibly destructive and deadly they would be.

I would damn well hope not. I would never in a million years choose Eevee if the evolutions could/would exist in addition to the ones selected. Ghost/Psychic Pokemon existing would mean the end of the human race because they are so ungodly powerful, and fire and electric Pokemon existing would be gunned down to near-extinction ASAP (with test subjects for the government remaining, of course) due to how incredibly destructive and deadly they would be.
When it comes to thinking about whether Pokemon are real, I find it always helps to not take everything literally. If you do, even the weakest of Pokemon can be a disaster waiting to happen.

For example:
Raticate: Gnaws on anything with its tough fangs. It can even topple concrete buildings by gnawing on them.
Raticate is the evolved form of one of the weakest Pokemon in the original games. As mentioned in Rattata's entry, they breed extremely fast, and are able to live in almost any environment. They also eat ANYTHING.

Vanillite: The temperature of their breath is -58° F. They create snow crystals and make snow fall in the areas around them.
Has a mere 305 stat total. Is capable of lowering the temperature of a large area around them to freezing point.

Bunnelby: It has ears like shovels. Digging holes strengthens its ears so much that they can sever thick roots effortlessly.
Can sever THICK roots effortlessy. It probably has the capability to damage or destroy foundations, walls, pipes etc. Plus, it would be difficult to eradicate due to being underground most of the time.

Bergmite: Using air of -150 degrees Fahrenheit, they freeze opponents solid. They live in herds above the snow line on mountains.
A mere 304 stat total. Can effectively kill any living creature in an instant. Oh, and apparently they live in swarms.

Pikachu: When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms.
Again, weather changing Pokemon would be a gigantic hassle to humans. Plus, can you imagine the amount of energy required to create a thunderstorm?

Voltorb: It is said to camouflage itself as a Poké Ball. It will self-destruct with very little stimulus.
A living, moving bomb, that disguises itself as a useful item. That should be enough.

Magikarp: A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though.
Even Magikarp, considered by many to be the weakest Pokemon, has the capability to instantly kill a person, as explained by this video.

Not to mention, all the other Pokemon with stat totals similar to these Pokemon. Sunkern for example, has the lowest stats of any Pokemon, and yet it's only 20 points off of Magikarp, which is able to leap an entire mountain.

And if wild Pokemon weren't disastrous enough on their own, can you imagine if they were used in the wrong hands? Like, in terrorist hands?
Capture a couple Pikachu, evolve a few Ratata, and you've got a superweapon on your hands just like that.

It's for this reason that I kinda choose to overlook the whole "Pokemon are incredibly dangerous" fact.

Edit: Oh, yeah. And I forgot to mention just how resilient ALL Pokemon are.
They don't really die, just faint, when exposed to deadly venom, body slams, puncture wounds, electric shocks, immolation, instant freezing, falling rocks, earthquakes, lightning fast punches and GUILLOTINE.

What makes you think we would be able to kill ANY of them?

Last edited:
Oh man, a dream team? It's a bit difficult to pick out just 6.
Probably Furret, Gallade, Serperior, Weavile...
Besides them, it varies.
I also enjoy using "bad" Pokemon when battling competitively, since it opens a lot more options to spice things up.
Who would've thought of Rapidash as being a good counter to Heatran?
And one of my favourite doubles teams I ever used featured an Emolga+Jumpluff lead. The massacre was beautiful.

Oh man, a dream team? It's a bit difficult to pick out just 6.
Probably Furret, Gallade, Serperior, Weavile...
Besides them, it varies.
I also enjoy using "bad" Pokemon when battling competitively, since it opens a lot more options to spice things up.
Who would've thought of Rapidash as being a good counter to Heatran?
And one of my favourite doubles teams I ever used featured an Emolga+Jumpluff lead. The massacre was beautiful.
May I ask what your strategy was?

I also have been wanting to put a Rapidash on my team, it has a surprisingly deep move pool.

Tell me if you think this set is viable:
Impish Bronzor- Full HP and Defense
Eviolite
Stealth Rock
Safeguard
Rest
Toxic
I know Taunters disable it completely but that isn't the point. I made it because I like Bronzor. I'm pretty sure Safeguard will eliminate the Sleep status if you use Rest while its active but I'm not sure.

On that topic, I actually thought the pink Butterfree was the actual shiny until I started my huge shiny hunt.
I don't really hunt for shinies, most of their colorschemes are... disappointing compared to the originals. At least they are for the pokemons I like most.

Back
Top Bottom