[Poll] Your Starter Anime

What do you consider your Starter Anime?

• Dragonball

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Sailor Moon

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Death Note

• Naruto

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bleach

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • One Piece

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fairy Tail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Yugioh

• Full Metal Alchemist

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Cardcaptor Sakura

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Sword Art Online

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Attack On Titan

• Other

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Ranma 1/2

• Inuyasha

• Neon Genesis Evangelion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboy Bebop

• Code Geass

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Soul Eater

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
I was and still am very skeptical of any anime before i watch it, and plz dont burn me, but if you sat me down next to a random one im more likely to hate it.
Not that there isn't good shows that have come from it
The first one I watched whole was space dandy.

I was and still am very skeptical of any anime before i watch it, and plz dont burn me, but if you sat me down next to a random one im more likely to hate it.
No one goes into a show saying "I'm going to love this!" Unless you've spoiled everything for yourself, so its best to be skeptical but not too skeptical about any show, or anything.

That's totally understandable. Many great anime exist, but it can be very difficult to find out what those are among the sea of not as great anime. Watching anime is a never-ending adventure where you keep discovering more and more good, bad, and average shows.

To tell you the truth before I got into anime (when I was 11 or 12.) (I'm 21 now) I used to hate Naruto even though I didn't know much about it then, the main reason likely being because Naruto's dubbed voice sounded annoying. It was only after it was the only thing on TV playing on the channel I watched that I began to even give it a chance, and because of that it became my starter anime and plunged me into a much larger world that I knew nothing about. And being forced to continue watching Naruto subbed on the Internet made the voices sound much better, and taught me that animation didn't need to have high-pitched irritating voices. After watching it subbed, it became the main method of how I watched all anime, 99% of the time being the better choice than watching it dubbed.

It seems that for many people that they don't start out looking for anime. Rather anime finds them and pulls them in deeper to watch more anime in most cases.

Megami Kouhosei. Wasn't on the list in either of the titles. I had a crush on Kizna. I could also say Inuyasha because I watched them both on the same night.

Not much to say. I found the shows by boredly flipping through the channels late at night because I was hopped up on grape soda and skittles and couldn't sleep if I wanted to. And that's how I discovered the delicious thing known as anime. And catgirls.

Last edited:
Dragon Ball definitely, I still watch it even though i'm at the age of 18 where Anime is kind of irrelevant but I don't think that what so ever.

Because it didn't let me pick more than 1, there were two more animes that I first watched along with Dragon Ball (Which surprised me, I was the only one who voted for it haha) was Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon.

Robotech for me. I was a huge mecha fan back then. So in the end, I was more interested in the Battaloid and Destroid than everything else
index.php

My first anime may have been Sailormoon but the one I most remember from my childhood was Cardcaptors, though I later found out about all the censoring the North American version had and watched the Japanese version with subs much later on. :/ But Sakura was like my role model when I was a kid I guess.

First anime I watched online though was Chobits, I liked the opening song.

Well, I WOULD say Avatar: The Last Airbender, but APPARENTLY, "that's not an anime".

So my answer is Soul Eater. Still my favorite anime to this day, just because of the awesome style, characters and world.

XAM'D. I bet none of you know what that is. I can't remember what it's about, either. It was on netflix, and I watched it.
After that, it was, in order of finishing: FMA:B, SAO, Soul Eater, SAO 2. I might be forgetting one, but that's what I think it is. I actually read through the FMA:B manga first, and then the anime.
My favorite so far, though, is soul eater by far. Suuuch a good series.

EDIT: After SAO 2, Kill La Kill.

Astro Boy, Star Blazers, Kimba, and a heap of other shiz I can't even remember from the 80s were my first. Damn I'm old.

Last edited:
My starter anime has got to be Bleach!

When I was younger pokemon was a huge thing, the tv show, trading cards, everyone was apart of it, so I never really class it as my starter as I was so young it just happened to be another 'fad' that came along and I happened to enjoy it and got sucked it like everyone else. Same with Yu-gi-oh and the trading cards.

When I was in my teens I caught a friend of mine watching bleach in our common room, thats when the seed was planted. It wasnt until a few years later I remembered we joked about 'that show she watched religiously' , which I then looked up and got hooked myself. From then I asked friends to recommend other shows I enjoyed and bam, hooked. Still not finished bleach, I think I am about half way through or less lol.
Other shows I adored were Death Note, Claymore, Noein, Angel Beats, Elfen Lied... I also love Studio Ghibli movies

Anime is a great hobby, sadly one I dont get to dedicate much time into but I try my best.
I'm on MAL :) http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JazzyZee

The first anime I really watched the entirety of was Durarara.

I had seen like 3-5 five episodes of Nartuo, Inuyasha, Bleach, and Cowboy Bebop, but I never really watched them all until after Durarara.

The first animu I ever really watched through and enjoyed would have to be Madoka Magica (which is still my favorite) Though I did watch portions of a couple before that

Back
Top Bottom