tModLoader Portable Storage

I tested the new update in singleplayer. So far so good. Liking the new right click/shift right click on vacuum bags too. I did run into a new bug though. If you take a vacuum bag and enable vacuum mode while it's empty, then pick up an item, it sometimes clones itself to fill every single slot in the vacuum bag. Picking up the clones will eventually make them all disappear, sometimes removing the original picked up item too (unless it was never actually added and it's in the normal inventory or something). It might be visual only?

Edit: Nvm, I confirmed it "sometimes" deletes or displaces items. Steps to reproduce, get an empty vacuum bag, turn on vacuum mode, then kill a few things. Seems the first picked up item is spammed into every single slot in the vacuum bag, while further items attempted to be picked up, get thrown into your main inventory or possibly disappear. You can clear the item that's put into every slot, by picking one of them up and dropping it onto another, which makes them all disappear, or duplicates the item (I've only seen the duplication happen once though, a stack of 2 dayblooms was duplicated into every slot). If you manually put an item into the vacuum bag though, then turn on vacuum mode, it'll properly pick up items and add it to the existing stack.

Edit2: Tested in multiplayer. Regular bags do it too. If you take an empty regular bag, open it, then try to shift click items into it, it'll do the same thing cloning the item into every slot. Then when you try to remove the items, it either deletes them all, or they all turn into real items.

Edit3: Did some further unintentional testing via just playing. Seeing some odd things. Sometimes the item dupe bug happens and sometimes it doesn't. I've been trying to nail down what's triggering it. It seems freshly crafted bags do it a lot more than bags you already have in your inventory on character load.

Last edited:
How about recipies on how to craft these things? Would be nice to know what I need.

AFAIK everything is crafted with 10 leather, except the devnull bag, which takes 100 stone. As someone else replied on a previous page, if you install Recipe Browser then you can see how to craft anything from any mod easily. Is gud.

You quoted/replied to yourself instead of me lol. But you're welcome.
lol im such a forum noob. :p thanks again. much appreciated.
One problem... I found 3 leather so far... Its been at least 10 days without seeing a single leather drop. Am I missing something?

You quoted/replied to yourself instead of me lol. But you're welcome.
Depending on what mods you are using, leather can be difficult to find. I'm not sure if a mod added the recipe or of it's vanilla, but on my game you can craft 1 leather with 5 rotten chunks or 5 vertebrae, dropped by the enemies in the corrupted/crimson areas. Thieves from Tremor, Angry Dogs from Calamity, and Boars from Antiaris also drop leather directly. Recipe browser will show you what mobs drop it and how to craft it.

Uhg this board is terrible. No search function that I can find and the design is .... well. poorly laid out. Who knows who Im quoting or replying to. Anyway. Thanks for the info Mechanos. I finally broke down and installed recipe browser. Kinda essencial when running mods. :)

Just as a side note.

Getting this added to the Main post of the mod would be great.

you can craft 1 leather with 5 rotten chunks or 5 vertebrae, dropped by the enemies in the corrupted/crimson areas. Thieves from Tremor, Angry Dogs from Calamity, and Boars from Antiaris also drop leather directly. Recipe browser will show you what mobs drop it and how to craft it

This mod is Phenomenal - thank you so much! I have been using it ever since I started modded Terraria and I don't know how anyone could function without it.
The only improvement I could think of would be a portable potion holder (similar to the ammo one) so you don't have to clog your inventory with the 10-20 potions you might be carrying around.

Again, thank you so much for this phenomenal mod.

This mod is Phenomenal - thank you so much! I have been using it ever since I started modded Terraria and I don't know how anyone could function without it.
The only improvement I could think of would be a portable potion holder (similar to the ammo one) so you don't have to clog your inventory with the 10-20 potions you might be carrying around.

It is already implemented in Portable Storage 2 which will release once I get a competent spriter.

I just tried this mod for the first time and immediately had problems with the regular bag. When I shift-click a single item into the bag, it duplicates the item and fills every slot with one of the items. If 2 of those duplicated items are removed from the bag, the item gets deleted entirely. It happens to me twice in a row, with a daybloom and then a campfire, but now I am struggling to recreate the issue.

Got a crash when attempting to craft a vacuum bag.
vHtP7uo.png

tML FNA 64bit, modlist:
"HamstarHelpers",
"Rewards",
"DynamicInvasions",
"AlchemistNPC",
"OurStuffAddon",
"accessoryoverhaul",
"Antiaris",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"BossAssist",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"ClamExtraMusic",
"Completion",
"Crescent",
"DMode",
"EAMusic",
"EchoesoftheAncients",
"ElementsAwoken",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"Fargowiltas",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"JoostMod",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"Leveled",
"LeveledRPGForever",
"LootBags",
"MagicStorage",
"MechTransfer",
"MinibossExpansion",
"MiniBossNPC",
"MonsterExpert",
"MoStoof",
"pinkymod",
"PlentifulOres",
"QwertysRandomContent",
"ReducedGrinding",
"SacredTools",
"SpiritMod",
"Split",
"Thicc",
"ThoriumMod",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"VeinMiner",
"AAMod",
"TerrariaExtra",
"Unleveled",
"DNIWpnUpgr",
"ReforgeArmor",
"BaseMod",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"CheatSheet",
"FabusMod",
"BossChecklist",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SuperQuickRespawn",
"Redemption",
"PortableStorage",
"TheOneLibrary"

Got a crash when attempting to craft a vacuum bag.
vHtP7uo.png

tML FNA 64bit, modlist:
"HamstarHelpers",
"Rewards",
"DynamicInvasions",
"AlchemistNPC",
"OurStuffAddon",
"accessoryoverhaul",
"Antiaris",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"BossAssist",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"ClamExtraMusic",
"Completion",
"Crescent",
"DMode",
"EAMusic",
"EchoesoftheAncients",
"ElementsAwoken",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"Fargowiltas",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"JoostMod",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"Leveled",
"LeveledRPGForever",
"LootBags",
"MagicStorage",
"MechTransfer",
"MinibossExpansion",
"MiniBossNPC",
"MonsterExpert",
"MoStoof",
"pinkymod",
"PlentifulOres",
"QwertysRandomContent",
"ReducedGrinding",
"SacredTools",
"SpiritMod",
"Split",
"Thicc",
"ThoriumMod",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"VeinMiner",
"AAMod",
"TerrariaExtra",
"Unleveled",
"DNIWpnUpgr",
"ReforgeArmor",
"BaseMod",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"CheatSheet",
"FabusMod",
"BossChecklist",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SuperQuickRespawn",
"Redemption",
"PortableStorage",
"TheOneLibrary"
Been having this exact problem when recipie browser glances over anything from this mod. Quite a wild incompatibility,
Information or fix would be cool :D
(Also using 64x)

Okay so. This has probs alrewdy been discussed but im lazy like that and i want to know if you plan on allowing stats to be shown through the adventure bag considering it is still IN your inventory...(by stats i mean stopwatch, fish radar, etc.)
Update: I HAVE LOST ALL MY ITEMS WITHIN THOSE BAGS!

Back
Top Bottom