Other Potential Future Crossover Update with Deep Rock Galactic!!! (Ghost Ship Games)

I have had this idea for the past week now and I believe it would bring an amazing new addition to not just the Terraria Community but Deep Rock Galactics as well!

For months now I've been thoroughly enjoying Deep Rock Galactic, And I've honestly noticed a few things from DRG that I think would make a WONDERFUL addition to Terraria and vice versa with Terraria for DRG, I have personally analyzed all the different weapons, enemies and cave layouts withing DRG and I have a few suggestions for an incredible Crossover.

For starters, I'd like to go over what would make a great addition for Terraria from DRG, and of ALL the weapons available, I believe the Cryo Cannon would be the absolute perfect choice. We already have many different kinds of Flame Throwers in Terraria, but what about a Frost Thrower, A lot of people at this point would say im joking about this but give me a moment to list the potential uses for this "Frost Thrower...

Firstly this weapon will obviously be within the Hardmode section of the game and be crafted by combining a Flamethrower, a Frostbrand and 3 Frost Cores (or however many the Devs want to do) at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. As for the combat uses of this Frost Thrower, It will still use Gel as it's ammo source and fire a wide icy mist stream, The mist itself doesn't do any damage to mobs but will drastically reduce their movement speed and armor rating status. BUT! if you were to continue using the Frost Thrower on the same mob(s) for an extended period of time (Let's say 2-3 seconds from the time you start firing), The mob will completely freeze over in Ice for several seconds making it completely vulnerable to all attacks.

There are actually quite a few benefits to completely freezing an enemy rather then just spraying the mob to reduce their speed and armor. Firstly, When you freeze any ground mob, you can actually then use a melee weapon on the mob and it will do A LOT more damage then using the melee weapon prior to freezing. Freezing any flying mobs will freeze midair and start freefalling to the ground, once the mob hits the ground they will take some impact damage and the ice around the mob will shatter thus removing the freezing effect from the enemy. You can actually attack a frozen freefalling mob as they descend with any Melee/Ranged weapon for some more damage (as mentioned before) before they hit the ground to stack the damage...

This next item can be ignored if you want as it's merely a Joke, But I think it'd be funny to have a weapon in Terraria that was a pickaxe... but couldn't be used as a pickaxe normally would, This DRG Pickaxe weapon will be a Melee weapon and that's that, This item will be acquirable Pre-Hardmode, but how to acquire such an item is actually a much harder thing to do then one might think... Around each world of Terraria there are these decorative stones all around the caves, some with broken swords mounted in them, some with helmets next to them, But there is one type of Decorative Stone which shows a Pickaxe stuck within the rock. You would need to find this rare decorative stone and break it to get the DRG Pickaxe Melee Weapon...

This concludes my DRG > Terraria segment of this Crossover Idea!

Now we're moving on to my ideas for what I think Terraria could add to DRG, At first I had a little trouble thinking about weapons from Terraria to add to DRG and decided to give up on that idea, so I moved onto the next best thing, Enemies. Now, In DRG there aren't very many enemies at all, you got your Rival Tech Machines, and then the Bugs, So far there are only 49 different hostile enemies (There would be 51 but I'm excluding the Xynarch Charge-Sucker and the Naedocyte Roe as they are completely harmless to the Player), which is NOTHING compared to the 371 different hostile mobs in Terraria... Even if they're just pixels and so much more easier to make and animate then a 3D Poly Rendered structure... Yea surely not... ANYWAY back to the topic of what enemy I think would be perfect for DRG from Terraria.

And my selections are... The Clinger & The Herpling

My reasoning for The Clinger is this, In DRG there is a location called the Radioactive Exclusion Zone, and in this Zone is a really awesome Decorative Feature that thus far has no purpose for the game other then to look creepy, The Wall-Eye Patch. These Patches that spawn randomly in Radioactive Exclusion Zone as the name discloses has Eyes all across it that just stare at you as you move across the caves, But what if these Wall-Eyes had their very own enemy, I give you The Clinger. This enemy in Terraria is one that stays attached to surfaces with it's long worm like body, It shoots green flames at the player that does burn damage overtime. All of these features sound amazing but for a little added bonus I think the green flames from The Clinger should give another side effect if it's projectile should hit the player, But I'll leave that up too Ghost Ship Games to decide.

My reasoning for The Herpling is this, DRG is mostly filled to the brim with ground enemies that crawl and climb at you, they're often slow and easy to kill within a few seconds, Not a lot of challenge if you ask me unless you're playing on Hazard 4 or above where the wave of enemies just never stop. This is why I think The Herpling would be a fantastic addition to DRG, for all veterans of Terraria and even the new players, we have all witnessed the unmatched bouncing speed of a Herpling, They are incredibly fast and do a lot of damage if unprepared, I reckon the Herpling would be an incredible addition for DRG for that reason alone, for it's speed and raw power. As for it's condition of it's spawning nature, I'd personally make the a natural spawning enemy across all Biomes in DRG

This concludes my Terraria > DRG segment of this Crossover Idea!

Thank you so much for reading this Post, Both Terraria and DRG mean a lot to me as they have both given me countless hours of endless entertainment. I would absolutely love to see both games continue to develop, with more and more thrilling updates and features to come to keep both communities at the edge of their seats!

Much love to both communities and thank you for your time! <3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom