An Eye For An Eye: Terraria x Don't Starve Together Crossover Update Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recall someone mentioning DST actually has a single player mode... if that's true, maybe i'll be able to transition to it from the original game.

but that limited-time offer of the chest with outfits in it... i wonder if that will be on the console version of DST?

since i'm sure the update would probably come out later on console, seems like console players might get screwed over.

the new terraria world seed looks pretty cool, just gotta wait several more months for console to get caught up to PC.

Well, Switch hasn't even got 1.4 yet and won't likely get this content for a long while after the PS / xBox gang will so, will the Switch owners get doubly screwed over?

To my knowledge (mind you, I'm not with Klei), they will run the DST-side of the update on currently supported platforms, though it will not chronologically align with our 1.4.3 release on those platforms. Any "updated" Console version of DST will run it when they reach that version, if I understand correctly. But there is no reason to wait for 1.4.3 to release to play the Don't Starve side of the content event.

As for Don't Starve not being on Switch well . . . nothing I can do about that.

Great to see new content, but when do switch users get the 1.4 Update???
We may not get it til the New Year at this rate, notice how no one can seem to give us any details, it's all PS / xBox / PC. Do Switch Users count / make up a fair number of users?

We may not get it til the New Year at this rate, notice how no one can seem to give us any details, it's all PS / xBox / PC. Do Switch Users count / make up a fair number of users?

Details come when there is information to share. We literally don't have the answers you guys are looking for in terms of release dates, as that information is undecided.

Details come when there is information to share. We literally don't have the answers you guys are looking for in terms of release dates, as that information is undecided.
You can see how it seems unfair to the Switch users when we are last with mobile users when you have to consider that Switch is one of the most popular consoles around. We just would like parity across the board.

Lord Laret hit the point. The Nintendo Switch is such ja great console for Terraria and it was always the bad update politic that hurt the reputation from this port. I cant get it why it has a such low position in your prio list...

I create post about language other for console.

Lord Laret hit the point. The Nintendo Switch is such ja great console for Terraria and it was always the bad update politic that hurt the reputation from this port. I cant get it why it has a such low position in your prio list...
You can see how it seems unfair to the Switch users when we are last with mobile users when you have to consider that Switch is one of the most popular consoles around. We just would like parity across the board.

I can see how it would feel that way, for sure. However, the Switch itself is a particularly difficult console to develop for . . . it uses the same version as Xbox/Playstation, but it requires a lot of extra work, functionality support, and modifications because the Switch is a weaker system with special functionality that needs to be supported.

Mobile came first because, at the time, DR worked on Mobile and then Pipeworks worked on Console. Then DR took over, but they can't do both at once, so Mobile was already done first, and then Xbox/Playstation will always be done first because of what I just explained. It's . . . well, it's the Switch itself that just takes longer to work on. I'm very sympathetic to the situation, but it can't be avoided, and delaying Xbox/Playstation wouldn't have sped up Switch at all.

Switch isn't a low priority, but if you work "equally" on all 3 Consoles, the other two are automatically done first, and Switch takes a lot of extra time just for being Switch. You really couldn't do it "Switch first", as Xbox/Playstation don't require this special handholding to work properly (and are, in fact, easier to work with due to being more powerful systems).

Switch users will have more clarity in the next State of the Game. Functionally speaking, @Leinfors is 100% accurate in his synopsis above. The good news, however, is once you have features and controls locked in... adding content should be far less susceptible to such things.

So, for example, I suspect we will see a MUCH tighter window for adding the content in 1.4.1-.3 to Mobile/Console/Switch...

I'm really surprised that the bladetongue wasn't added to the dst update it seems really fitting

I dunno if this is the right place to mention this but I think y'all forgot to change the Bat Bat's tooltip when you updated its mechanic - it still says "may heal user on hit" even though it always heals user on hit now. Extremely minor thing but just wanted to bring it up.

Overall though after playing with the recent hotfix, the changes are all really good, the DST weapons are super fun to use now. Ham Bat in particular went from zero to hero. Excellent work devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom