tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

Amazing mod I enjoyed it but i have a complaint (it haven't happened to me but im sure some day it will happen to someone) what if any part of the moon lord gets "The Immortal" prefix >_<... that would be a problem xD
I had a moon lord part spawn (the right hand) with the Splitter prefix.
EDIT: Lucky me I was in a test world with a test char.

I had a moon lord part spawn (the right hand) with the Splitter prefix.
EDIT: Lucky me I was in a test world with a test char.
Did it bug out badly, or was it playable? I can add an exclusion if it caused major issues.
Amazing mod I enjoyed it but i have a complaint (it haven't happened to me but im sure some day it will happen to someone) what if any part of the moon lord gets "The Immortal" prefix >_<... that would be a problem xD
The Immortal is a suffix, and bosses can't get suffixes; no need to worry about that. Currently, some multipart bosses like Skeletron Prime can get suffixes on the secondary parts, but that will be fixed next patch. Moon Lord has all his parts flagged as Boss, so none can get suffixes.

Did it bug out badly, or was it playable? I can add an exclusion if it caused major issues.

The Immortal is a suffix, and bosses can't get suffixes; no need to worry about that. Currently, some multipart bosses like Skeletron Prime can get suffixes on the secondary parts, but that will be fixed next patch. Moon Lord has all his parts flagged as Boss, so none can get suffixes.
I didnt kill it to test, I tried but died in the process.

I don't know if this should happen but I countered a Forceful mob and still sent me a few feet away from my original location. (The counter effect still works.)
I haven't tried with Launching but it might happen the same way with it and the other prefixes.

I don't know if this should happen but I countered a Forceful mob and still sent me a few feet away from my original location. (The counter effect still works.)
I haven't tried with Launching but it might happen the same way with it and the other prefixes.
Onhit effects still go through, it's just that damage is set to 0.

Update released, mostly a balance/bugfix patch. I've felt like Greatbows are nearly strong enough at all points in the game, but they tend to be outperformed against bosses by their contemporaries. I've increased the charge ratio on all Greatbows slightly, which should hopefully allow them to be in fair competition with the vanilla ranged weapons.

Anyway, I think it's nearing time for this mod to be moved to the Released section. Anyone have any objections?

Edit: Forgot to mention, think I fixed magic ring charges being buggy in multiplayer, but haven't been able to test it.

Last edited:
Right, I forgot to mention. The splitter bullets seem broken. (And as such I stopped using most of the ammos here, we have Thorium so we still have options.) I host the server I play on on my own computer, and when I used splitter bullets the game lagged nearly to death, I don't know for sure if it was lagging the server much beyond the fact that all of the processor was being used for my client, making the server lag. Me disconnecting cleared all the lag.
I haven't tried the new version yet, this was something I was running into the last version, I just now remembered to post it. :sigh:

Right, I forgot to mention. The splitter bullets seem broken. (And as such I stopped using most of the ammos here, we have Thorium so we still have options.) I host the server I play on on my own computer, and when I used splitter bullets the game lagged nearly to death, I don't know for sure if it was lagging the server much beyond the fact that all of the processor was being used for my client, making the server lag. Me disconnecting cleared all the lag.
I haven't tried the new version yet, this was something I was running into the last version, I just now remembered to post it. :sigh:
Hard to imagine what would cause them to be an issue. It's not as if it has a complex AI or anything. Anyone else had problems with Splitter bullets? And do you have problems with them in single player?

Hard to imagine what would cause them to be an issue. It's not as if it has a complex AI or anything. Anyone else had problems with Splitter bullets? And do you have problems with them in single player?
It wasn't like a single bullet breaking it, I was just firing a musket a lot. Against a goblin invasion, so that might not have helped. My guess though is just that the bullets weren't despawning at any point client side.
I'm starting it up to see if I can replicate it a couple more times. Maybe test some more bullets out.
Edit: Not goblin invasion related, and not related to other players. Single player worked fine, but switching to host & play and firing a dozen shots with the musket started bogging it down quickly. In a minute I'll look into other bullets, maybe I'll also look at the bows while I'm testing.
Azure Rounds: No issues seen.
Hollow Point: I love it. And no issues seen.
Shadowflame: No issues seen.
Edit: Tested all the great arrows up to emerald with two great bows, (Shadow string and bone.) none of them had any issues.

Last edited:
I really love the gunblades!
however, they sometimes cannot shoot for some reason
this bug makes me die quite a few times:dryadsad:

So, I dunno if anyone else is having this issue, but most of the rings that are dropped that I've obtained up to this point (Tier 2 of rings) don't do any damage or anything to the enemies (In multiplayer only) The razorwind ring did damage for about the first 5 minutes or so, I reforged it, then all damage stopped.

There is a bug with the small/miniature enemies that spawn which causes them to fall through or glitch through blocks. I am playing on multiplayer, so I am unsure if this only occurs on multiplayer. If needed I can list the mods I am using. Here is a gif of it happening:

http://imgur.com/QL5x6tw

I just fought Brain of Cthulhu, and since Creepers can get prefixes it makes the Expert fight painful. You can get launched, hit with dozens of debuffs and they can split. It's insane. I dunno if this should be looked into but it's crazy.

I just fought Brain of Cthulhu, and since Creepers can get prefixes it makes the Expert fight painful. You can get launched, hit with dozens of debuffs and they can split. It's insane. I dunno if this should be looked into but it's crazy.
And now imagine you fought a Colossal Brain of Cthulhu :)
That thing would have taken the space of the whole underground "hand"
Good thing it cannot happen.

There is a bug with the small/miniature enemies that spawn which causes them to fall through or glitch through blocks. I am playing on multiplayer, so I am unsure if this only occurs on multiplayer. If needed I can list the mods I am using. Here is a gif of it happening:

http://imgur.com/QL5x6tw
He already knows about it, and isn't sure how to fix it. (I reported it and he already knew.)
Let us know about any other bugs you run into.

I just finished an Archer playthrough with this mod and I quite enjoyed it! The prefixes and suffixes added a lot more diversity to the enemies that kept the game interesting during its more tedious moments.

Aside from the Idol of the Moon God, I didn't really use any of the items because I found the Greatbows to be pretty underpowered.

Regardless, I will definitely be doing another playthrough with this mod when the Throwing class gets an overhaul in 1.3.3.

It seems in multiplayer, many of the rings don't do damage, like the solar shower ring and the holy lance/spear (don't remember the name), and the shattershard ring and the lesser tier version of that ring you can't aim in multiplayer either. No errors pop up in the console, but I just wanted to inform you about these bugs.

I just finished an Archer playthrough with this mod and I quite enjoyed it! The prefixes and suffixes added a lot more diversity to the enemies that kept the game interesting during its more tedious moments.

Aside from the Idol of the Moon God, I didn't really use any of the items because I found the Greatbows to be pretty underpowered.

Regardless, I will definitely be doing another playthrough with this mod when the Throwing class gets an overhaul in 1.3.3.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you find Greatbows to be weak through the entire game? I've recently begun a solo playthrough (finally) to get an idea of how things are balanced in this and my other mods, just hit hardmode. I personally found them to be adequate in tier 1 and 2, but now that I have to choose between the Clockwork Assault Rifle and the Greatbone, it just feels like there's no reason to use the Greatbone.

I recently gave a small buff to Greatbows, but it definitely may be that it was too little. The hardmode bows especially may need some help - I'll think about what buffs would make them feel better to use.

It seems in multiplayer, many of the rings don't do damage, like the solar shower ring and the holy lance/spear (don't remember the name), and the shattershard ring and the lesser tier version of that ring you can't aim in multiplayer either. No errors pop up in the console, but I just wanted to inform you about these bugs.
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Having a hard time figuring out why this is happening.

I've put out an update greatly buffing Greatbows, with smaller buffs to most dueling swords and gunblades. The changes are based on my own experience and feedback received.

Can statue spawned enemies be rare? Trying to buff my mage with a slime farm, haven't gotten any tokens yet though.

Back
Top Bottom