Resolved [PS4] GAME FREEZES ON PS4 (all posts will be combined into this thread)

My old ps4 disc version of the game keeps crashing occasionally, I think the disk may be damaged or something. This does not cause any terrible problems for me yet other than forcing me to restart and re-do the whole day again every once in a while, but I wonder what should I do for it. Is there a way I could even fix this or am I forced to buy a new game to replace this one if I want this to stop?
Edit: just noticed the pinned thread about crashes, apparently this may not be an isolated incident dependant on my disc, continuing to monitor.

Last edited:
My old ps4 disc version of the game keeps crashing occasionally, I think the disk may be damaged or something. This does not cause any terrible problems for me yet other than forcing me to restart and re-do the whole day again every once in a while, but I wonder what should I do for it. Is there a way I could even fix this or am I forced to buy a new game to replace this one if I want this to stop?
Edit: just noticed the pinned thread about crashes, apparently this may not be an isolated incident dependant on my disc, continuing to monitor.
Hi @Possuli135 like you noticed, there was a pinned thread about crashes, I have moved your post into this thread. You can see the first post in this thread for more info. :)

Hi Everyone, Just to update you all, This was our most troublesome issue, thank you so much for everyone's patience. We believe we have traced one or more freezes, with the Water Quality being the one that appears to be affecting a lot of sessions. We are working on a patch which should clear up the random freezing. We will let you know as soon as the patch is available and hope this resolves the issue!

Many thanks! `:happy:
Roboarms

Hi Everyone, Just to update you all, This was our most troublesome issue, thank you so much for everyone's patience. We believe we have traced one or more freezes, with the Water Quality being the one that appears to be affecting a lot of sessions. We are working on a patch which should clear up the random freezing. We will let you know as soon as the patch is available and hope this resolves the issue!

Many thanks! `:happy:
Roboarms
Yayy!!! This has been the one thing that makes me not wanna play. Thanks for the update!

Quick question, in the mean time, should I lower the water quality then? To help prevent the freezing?

Also just as some extra info incase it helps, I can go hours playing without it freezing. But as soon as it freezes once, it happens more and gets more consistent with the time between until I just have to get off for the night because it’ll freeze within minutes of starting up the world

Я могу играть час или пять минут, а в какой-то момент игра просто зависит, и мне остается только закрыть приложение, иначе система PS4 не выключится. В мире говорят: что ты можешь сделать?

Я могу играть час или пять минут, а в какой-то момент игра просто зависит, и мне остается только закрыть приложение, иначе система PS4 не выключится. В мире говорят: что ты можешь сделать?

I can play for an hour or five minutes, and at some point the game just depends, and I just have to close the application, otherwise the PS4 system will not shut down. The world says: what can you do?
Hi there @Morrison_Susie I have moved your post into this already existing big thread for the same issue. You can read the first post for more info. :)

Я переместил ваш пост в эту уже существующую большую тему для той же проблемы. Вы можете прочитать первый пост для получения дополнительной информации.

Hace poquito compre el juego en ps4 y me tiene un problema que se queda congelado no reacciona no carga no hace nada simplemente no quiere ffuncionar y tengo que forzar el cierre del juego y pierdo el progreso que llevo

Por aquello ya probe creando otro mundo o reiniciando mi ps4

This seems like an old issue by now so I don't know if it's got some fixes beyond "shut off water" and I don't have time to read up on every reason my game crashed. Do we know if supersampling mode is causing it too? PS4 Pro updated, Terraria updated, running the game disc. It's been ages since I tried to play (I've been playing for at least 10 years off and on, I'm still salty about Pipejerks ruining the old perfect 505 console UI) so I turned the game on for the first time in years and went straight to TUTORIAL mode. Got in, collected some stuff, did some minor exploring of the caves, feeling good as the memories of enjoyment started flooding back to me, years of builds and fun and then BANG! FROZEN! Nothin' worked....c'mon...you can't be serious!! 15 minutes was all I got??? In TUTORIAL mode????? Sitting in a perfect storm rage mode ready to break my controller in half (I didn't) just sat there trying to control my breathing and then the music finally stopped after maybe 2 more minutes. I had to hard close the game. I'm not beta testing these drops anymore. I'm considering going back to my original PS3 game disc and reloading the game as it was intended. After all this time, finally coming back to the latest version, YESTERDAY!! Sept 30, 2023 and I get nothin!? Devs, not my job but I recommend you to put your actual PS4 game disc in, play the tutorial on the console. The actual console, and find out YOURSELVES why it's crashing. Get off your programming computers for a sec. Play this awesome game, it'll happen to you so you can easily find the problem. Then take your own crash reports to find the solution. Please help us. There is no actual replacement for Terraria. (Edit- this was as friendly a post as I could muster under the circumstances. Apologies)

Last edited:
I recently bought the game on PS4 and I have a problem that it freezes, it doesn't react, it doesn't load, it doesn't do anything, it just doesn't want to work and I have to force the game to close and I lose the progress I've made.

That's why I already tried creating another world or restarting my PS4

Hi there @Reino_14 I have moved your post into this already existing big thread for the same issue. You can read the first post for more info.
Moví tu publicación a este gran hilo ya existente para el mismo problema. Puedes leer el primer post para más información.

Devs, not my job but I recommend you to put your actual PS4 game disc in, play the tutorial on the console. The actual console, and find out YOURSELVES why it's crashing. Get off your programming computers for a sec. Play this awesome game, it'll happen to you so you can easily find the problem. Then take your own crash reports to find the solution. Please help us.
If you'll check out the first post in this thread, DR Studios IS working very hard to find and deliver a solution to this issue.I understand that it can be frustrating when it seems to take forever for a fix to come out. Replicating and diagnosing random crashes are often the toughest nuts to crack when trying to fix bugs, but I'm sure they are doing the best they can.

Just observing a problem doesn't always lead to an instant fix for it.

I too am experiencing constant freezes in my terraria world, it is my first Time playing the game , i have a digital copy of the game ,
I just entered hard mode in my only world with my only character. Now that i am în hard mode it seeds to be a little worse, i Was experiencing freezing even before hard mode Was on and if I recall correctly i Was experiencing them even at the start of the playthrough. As i said it is a lot more frequent now and it s making it almost unplayable Sadly. It does seem to get better after the few first freezes what i mean is that it freezes within 3 to 5 minutes as you start the world and then it seems as if the more Times it freezes the Less frequently it Will freeze after.

Back
Top Bottom