Resolved [PS4] Grand Design?

j0nny0nthesp0t

Terrarian
Is the grand design in game on consoles currently, or will that be a future update? The reason I ask is that there are some 1.3.1 items on consoles now. Thanks for your time

the grand design was added in 1.3.1 aka the update that greatly expanded wiring and had a entire dev made map to showcase everything

I know which patch it was added in, I was wanting to know if it was currently on the ps4 with the latest update. There are other 1.3.1 items on ps4 now. Is the Grand Design one of them?

its not i checked the wiki but when it does i will get it as fast as i can
I know that it isn't, I was asking how we could operate it on console with out limited buttons.

I think that when we have the inventory open, we can highlight it and press L2, which could open up the "mini-menu" for changing wire colour etc., which we could navigate using the right stick, and select our options using X.

I know that it isn't, I was asking how we could operate it on console with out limited buttons.

I think that when we have the inventory open, we can highlight it and press L2, which could open up the "mini-menu" for changing wire colour etc., which we could navigate using the right stick, and select our options using X.
oh
[doublepost=1520976188,1520976161][/doublepost]

what about other items that are coming out later how would they work?

Keep in mind that the PC version received controller support a couple versions back. Since the most current PC version can be played with a controller, it follows that the console versions will be able to handle any item with a controller as well. Now, what specific buttons need to be pressed, that's something that can be figured out when needed.

Keep in mind that the PC version received controller support a couple versions back. Since the most current PC version can be played with a controller, it follows that the console versions will be able to handle any item with a controller as well. Now, what specific buttons need to be pressed, that's something that can be figured out when needed.
But given how unfamiliar the default configuration is to console players, it's likely that the ideas put forward for such issues could be counter intuitive much like the current UI.

i play on xbox and since i use the quick buff quick heal or riding my mount i use x for that so everytime i want to use a different thing i have to go to settings and change it but if im fighting a boss or something i have to have have auto pause and then change it so i dont get damage or what ever

But given how unfamiliar the default configuration is to console players, it's likely that the ideas put forward for such issues could be counter intuitive much like the current UI.
What I meant was that speculating now what buttons needed to be pushed to use the Grand Design when it comes to console is kind of unnecessary. It's not like contemplating "will I need to press this button or that one" will make a difference. However, I do understand if it might be fun for some to contemplate that.

I was just trying to get across that there's no worries that Grand Design won't make it to console because how will it work with a controller, since PC has controller support and has the Grand Design already.

What I meant was that speculating now what buttons needed to be pushed to use the Grand Design when it comes to console is kind of unnecessary. It's not like contemplating "will I need to press this button or that one" will make a difference. However, I do understand if it might be fun for some to contemplate that.

I was just trying to get across that there's no worries that Grand Design won't make it to console because how will it work with a controller, since PC has controller support and has the Grand Design already.
what would you think the controls would be for both xbox and ps4?

I wasn't worried that we wouldn't get it, I was (am) concerned that it will be another example of logic over common sense like some aspect of the UI, and will be a bother to use.

Back
Top Bottom