Xbox 360 [Ps4] Most Recent Update: Pass-through Blocks Bug

DrakeLyon

Golem
Ever since the update (which I recently installed after not playing for a long while), I've been able to walk through blocks (naturally occurring only) at random times and placements. I'd be digging underground and whatnot and if I jump to a wall of naturally occurring dirt or stone or whatever, my character will go through 1 layer of vertical blocks, leaving me kind of IN the wall. Let's say it's just 1 vertical layer of stone blocks with no blocks behind it or in front of it. I could walk though those blocks as if they weren't even there.
It happens at random, not all blocks have this issue (thank God). But it happens a lot, and it kind of lessens a bit of the gameplay for me. I'd try and hide myself from a bunch of skellies or strong monsters behind a thin layer of blocks and sometimes they'd just run through it and slaughter me lol.
Anyway, I thought I'd report this bug, as it never happened for me in the update before this one (at least I think it didn't). I'd post a screenshot if I could, but I have no cameras, and since this is on my Xbox 360, I'm not able to screen capture anything without certain hardware.
If there is anyone else experiencing this pass-through blocks problem, please comment on this post.

I have been having this same problem here too. I haven't looked into what makes it happened, but it is annoying.

This only happens to me in split screen and only the first player, which was honestly quite annoying when trying to grapple hook a vertical bridge upwards.

This glitch has happened for me even without the use of any accessories. I don't think it has anything to do with slopes or half blocks. If you're using a grappling hook, it'll often go right through a line of vertical blocks. I recently found out that this glitch occurs even if you place down blocks yourself (not all the time though). It happens mostly underground and sometimes on very round hills. It happens WAY more often in multiplayer, with the occasional lag that suddenly makes you fall all the way to the bottom of the map (not sure why this is, it couldn't be my amazing internet lol). Finding out the roots of this bug/glitch could prove harder than it seems :p Must be a programming issue.

However, I did notice that the use of Grappling Hooks is involved.
This glitch has happened for me even without the use of any accessories. I don't think it has anything to do with slopes or half blocks. If you're using a grappling hook, it'll often go right through a line of vertical blocks. I recently found out that this glitch occurs even if you place down blocks yourself (not all the time though). It happens mostly underground and sometimes on very round hills. It happens WAY more often in multiplayer, with the occasional lag that suddenly makes you fall all the way to the bottom of the map (not sure why this is, it couldn't be my amazing internet lol). Finding out the roots of this bug/glitch could prove harder than it seems :p Must be a programming issue.
Grappling hooks would make you move at sprinting speeds. There was an issue with PC terraria where sprinting could get you stuck through walls sometimes. Seems console has gotten it's own version.

Also 'Very round hills' sounds like half blocks and slopes to me :p These also have a history of causing clipping issues.

Grappling hooks would make you move at sprinting speeds. There was an issue with PC terraria where sprinting could get you stuck through walls sometimes. Seems console has gotten it's own version.

Also 'Very round hills' sounds like half blocks and slopes to me :p These also have a history of causing clipping issues.
No one could've said it better lol. Could this be a bug present in the PC version of 1.2.3? Because the console version is specific to 1.2.3 and perhaps it came with the same bugs and issues that were in the PC version.. In which we could assume that the next update the console gets could fix these issues, like, if the next update was 1.2.4 and in the PC version of that update this bug/issue was resolved.

No one could've said it better lol. Could this be a bug present in the PC version of 1.2.3? Because the console version is specific to 1.2.3 and perhaps it came with the same bugs and issues that were in the PC version.. In which we could assume that the next update the console gets could fix these issues, like, if the next update was 1.2.4 and in the PC version of that update this bug/issue was resolved.
I'm not sure tbh. Haven't played PC much in the last year.

Back
Top Bottom