tModLoader PvP but with Bosses

arwtsh

Terrarian
PvP but with Bosses is a mod that improves player versus player combat. Terraria is designed for players fighting bosses, so most weapons kill other players too easily around early Hardmode. This makes fighting friends uninteresting, as combat is too unbalanced. My solution is to give one of the players control over a boss. E.I. instead of two players trying to kill each other, one player is trying to kill the Eye of Cthulhu controlled by the other player. Thus, combat between players would become balanced.

A proof of concept is currently being worked on with the Eye of Cthulhu.
  • An item, similar to the "Suspicious Looking Eye," will be added with the same crafting recipe.
  • When used, the player's character will be invisible and be replaced with the sprite of the Eye of Cthulhu (EoC).
  • The sprite will rotate so it's always facing the cursor.
  • Gravity is turned off and arrow/wasd keys can be used for hovering around.
  • The Inventory, but not the Hotbar, is disabled and items are not able to be picked up.
  • Accessories, armour, and inventory item effects are disabled.
  • The Hotbar is saved, cleared, and repopulated with 3 special abilities unique to the EoC.
  • The special abilities are:
    • Summon a Servant of Cthulhu at the pupil.
    • Dash, the distance varies depending on the health of the player.
    • escape reverts the player back into the normal character.
  • Each ability will have a cooldown on when it can be used next.
  • The player is given extra health and health regen is turned off.
  • Tile collision is turned off.
  • The Player's hitbox size is increased to the sprite size.
  • The Player gains contact damage, defense, and knockback immunity.
Any issues I might need help with will be listed below:
I looked throughout the source code "player" but could not find how to turn off collision. I've tried IL editing several things, none of which work. The player can move through walls, but it is still hoiked and is bumpy moving up and down. I tried tracing the code that causes the player to turn into a ghost, but the method "Ghost" does not mention any collision. I search for "player.ghost" but it was not helpful. Is anyone familiar with how to do this?

Is it possible to make it also singleplayer-only (PVE)? I wanna see if it's possible to finish the run just by being only boss

Imagine EoC got tired of everything and decided to be rogue and fought Moonlord, that would be hilarious

Back
Top Bottom