Question about rules.

Krookodile

Skeletron Prime
First off, if this is in the wrong section, sorry I think it is in the right one though.
I noticed in the rules that mobile and console mod pictures is prohibited. However I didn't see it mention not posting screenshots of pc mods. Did I just miss something, or is it allowed to post pictures of mods? Just in case I want to post a screen shot let's play of pc terraria modded.

Posting pictures of modded PC content is fine, however posting pictures of modded console and mobile content is very much against the rules.
Just curious to know why are posting pictures of modded console and mobile is against the rules while modded PC is fine.

To clarify further on the 'posting pictures' point - we feel that images of modded items generate interest in the modded versions themselves. One person posts a picture of something they hacked in, and 20 other people want to know how they did it/how to get it. This makes it much more difficult for the forum staff to adhere to 505Games' policies regarding modding (which you can read here).

For consoles, modding is generally prohibited by the console manufacturers (Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo) in their EULA's; doing so can risk getting your console bricked and/or your console accounts closed. We do not want that to happen to forum members as a result of something they found or downloaded from this site.

For the mobile versions: 505Games is working hard to get stable versions working on thousands of devices that are all slightly different, and the introduction of modded versions from questionable sources makes that nearly impossible to do.

We have no illusion that we are going to stop people from modding their devices, legally or otherwise. We simply do not wish to be the place for people to boast about and share such exploits, and we have no obligation to do so. There are other places on the internet for such things.

Back
Top Bottom