Casual Random Chitchat Thread

I mean, I've heard of adding things like whipped cream and cookie crumbs on some things, but not really any major food items.

who has the best pizza?

Domino's: I'm the best pizza chain.

Little Caesars: I'm the best pizza chain my pizza's are cheap.

Pizza hut: no I'm the best pizza chain And no one out pizza's the hut.

Papa John's: I'm the best pizza chain because we use better ingredients which makes better pizza.

???: amateurs

Domino's: what was that, punk?

AJ's pizza: amateurs

- - - - - - Bethany's Snip-n-Keep Kitchen Tips™ - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some chains make acceptable pies. But learn to bake and you'll have exactly the pizza you want. Cheaper too.

Pizza crust is a doddle, you only need to be patient. Google "ciabatta recipe" for one excellent, simple Italian bread that makes a perfect traditional crust when stretched out flat and thin. Focaccia is good for a thicker, more crumbly crust. Both are fine as just plain bread, the way they were intended. They're easy to make after some practice.

Be prepared for a few flops (possibly literal ones) before getting it right.

If you have trouble sliding still-pliant dough covered with sauce and toppings off the wooden peel and into the oven — I do — par-bake the crust by itself first on a pan. Once it's barely started to brown remove, cool, sauce and top, and finish the baking.

If you like a crisp crust, buy a pizza stone or unglazed tile, preheat it, and slide the ready-to-bake 'zza onto it instead of a metal pan.

More cheese is almost always good — until it starts to drip on the oven. Don't waste cheese! And don't track mud all over my nice clean carpet either.

Pizza must be baked in a really, really hot oven. Be careful!

- - - - - - >8 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Chamber" implies "chambe" is a verb.

Word endings are sometimes suffixes, but not always. If you enjoy learning about words and their origins, you should bookmark Etymology Online.

chamber | Etymology, origin and meaning of chamber by etymonline

Etymology fans are generally gruntled.

Bunjil-Mirrm said:
We're 2/3rds of the way into March why is still not cold yet?

You'd think Victoria would be experiencing cold by now, but weather is funny stuff. Or, considering what Australia's been going through lately, maybe "funny" isn't the right word. Unpredictable, rather.

Word endings are sometimes suffixes, but not always. If you enjoy learning about words and their origins, you should bookmark Etymology Online.

chamber | Etymology, origin and meaning of chamber by etymonline

Etymology fans are generally gruntled.
You seem to be under the impression that I meant my post as a serious thing. It was literally "The way the english language works, this is a reasonable thing for someone to assume." I googled the actual origin soon after.

I'm afraid your mind-reading skills need some honing. I figured it was intended to be humorous, but rarely miss a chance to promote self-education. Glad you took the obvious next step on your own.

Back
Top Bottom