Casual Random Chitchat Thread

Miracle Whip is Satan's favorite condiment. Eschew its use, and instead choose Duke's Real Mayonnaise. It's got good ol' southern TWANG, and you just know that's got to be good.

But don't use either in cookie salad (shudders at the thought of cookie salad with or without MW).

just chat in here, if it dies ill delete it

Hello @eletvizviz

There is a dedicated thread to random chitchatting. I've moved your thread here as random chat threads without a focus on any topic aren't permitted anywhere else on the forums.

You may continue to chat about any topic that is forum appropriate in this thread. If posting in other threads, the topic for them must be followed. You may find more information about this in our Forum Rules & Culture linked below in my signature. If you have questions about our Forum Rules & Culture, you may also send myself or any Forum staff member a PM.

And another random question
Why do some restaurants put food on drinks? Won't that just get like grease or crumbs or whatever into the drink?

Yum — DeWalt 10-inch jobsite table saw with 32"+ rip capacity, telescoping rack and pinion fence system, and the only rolling stand in the business that's not the gravity-rise design (nice and open underneath, great for stowing bits and bobs when not in use).

Also got a Metabo / Hitachi Power Tools "The Tank" 200-psi air compressor and matching industrial-quality pneumatic roofing nailer with 100-foot non-kinking air hose and maybe 60 pounds of coiled nails; Werner restriction-free safety harness, 50-foot lifeline with shock energy absorber, and heavy roof anchor so it's less likely I'll get killed; snap line and a bottle of ground chalk, stonking great measuring tape with genuine diamond grit-coated non-slip hook, and a wicked shingle-stripping shovel.

Yuppers, you guessed right. I'm going to build an ukulele from scratch! No, wait; I'm going to tear the roof off the house, replace any sections of bad plywood, and re-roof the whole thing.

The tools are maybe better than strictly necessary for the task. Two of the reasons for doing it myself are to save a lot of money and to have the tools needed for other jobs (the compressor can be used with framing or finish nailers too, or any kind of pneumatic tools — I even used it to blow an obstruction out of my best garden hose).

Now all I need is a heap of plywood, tar paper, moisture barrier, adhesive, and of course shingles, and a few weeks of decent weather 'cos I'm not terribly big or strong and won't be able to do it all at once.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom