Weapons & Equip Reclaiming

Flor3nce2456

Queen Bee
So I was rehashing one of my builds on my build thread, and I found myself doing a lot of paint scraping. Then there was a solar eclipse and here was my ill equipped building character using a freaking gatligator with musket balls against an ungodly hoard.

It wasn't pretty.

But both of those things got me kind of thinking:
1) What if I could somehow get my paint back? What if I accidentally painted something I didn't want to? 999 Stacks of Paint isn't cheap!
2) Why do arrows drop if you miss, but not bullets?

So I decided to rectify this situation.
With mysterious machines which somehow reclaim paint and wasted bullets.
Because.

Paint Reclaimer.png

Paint Reclaimer
Accessory
Reclaims Scraped Paint or Paint from Broken Objects.
90% of Paint is Reclaimed.
Chance is Counted per tile. A Fully Painted Bed will roll for drop 8 times.​
Crafting:
Paint_Scraper.png
1 Paint Scraper
Empty_Bucket.png
1 Bucket
Dye_Vat.png
1 Dye Vat
Gold_Bar.png
/
Platinum_Bar.png
1 Gold/Platinum Bar

Ammo Reclaimer.png

Bullet Reclaimer
Accessory
Reclaims Bullets.
BASE 16% From KILLED Mobs.
BASE 24% From Blocks.
-1% for each Damage the Bullet Deals.
Musket Ball: 7 Damage: 16%-7%= 9% Chance to Drop if Hitting a Mob. 24%-7%= 17% Chance to Drop if Hitting a Block.
Venom Bullet: 14 Damage: 16%-14%= 2% Chance to Drop if Hitting a Mob. 24%-14%= 10% Chance to Drop if Hitting a Block.​
Crystal Bullets, Exploding Bullets, and Confetti Bullets do not Drop Ever.
Crafting:
Ammo_Box.png
1 Ammo Box
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
1 Illegal Gun Parts
Explosive_Powder.png
5 Explosive Powder
Adamantite_Bar.png
/
Titanium_Bar.png
1 Adamantite/Titanium Bar

Open to re-balancing suggestions! I KNOW it isn't perfect (could be wrong), so tell me! Be courteous!
Might do a tinker, we'll see.

Is there anything else y'all go through tons of, that doesn't really drop back, and really wish did? Tell me and I'll think of something!

Last edited:
Ugh,why Hallowed Bars and Dye Vat?
I don't think we need this..
Second idea better.
But again,20 Hallowed Bars? Why we need to spend Hallowed Bars?

No. The first idea is better. In real life, I can claim an arrow, because it's actually huge. It's hard to get a bullet out of a person. But to be honest, I don't really care. +1 Support.

I support both items, though the bullet reclaimer makes rather little sense, as those above posted, but it's Terraria (piranha guns) so I guess it should work after all.
That still doesn't explain the explosive powder in the recipe though.

Did a little bit of rebalance!

Might scrap the bullet reclaimer or at least perform one more planned nerf if reception is still negative. Currently getting mixed reviews.
Buffed the paint reclaimer somewhat. Might replace the hallowed bar with gold/platinum.

Did another Full rebalance and partial Nerf/Buff. Also clarified some stuff. Got rid of the hallowed bar requirement, too.

Also, have a support lozenge!

Paint Reclaim Lozenge.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't use them myself (bullets and paint are cheap), but I can see how others find them useful. And it's refreshingly original. *thumbs up*
solididea.gif

Would you like to tell us why?
all the reasons already stated. it doesn't make sense, bullet vs arrow balance(heh, its even easier to reclaim bullets with that than arrows), complicated recipe, ect (also mechanically I don't think it can work for the recovering bullets from killed enemies thing, thats modifying a loot table)

Last edited:
dont like bullet reclaim

all the reasons already stated. it doesn't make sense, bullet vs arrow balance(heh, its easier to reclaim bullets with that), complicated recipe, ect (also mechanically I don't think it can work for the recovering bullets from killed enemies thing, thats modifying a loot table)

Please be sure to give some sort of reasons the first time. The initial post was not enough.

All I know is, right now, if you shoot an enemy with a wooden arrow, it has something along the lines of a 50% chance to drop. Same thing if you shoot a block. I have no idea what y'all are talking about what with the bullet reclaimer making bullets drop more often than arrows. Not even close.

Arrows already drop from shooting/killed enemies.

Plus, bullets are deformed by getting shot and hitting things. Even if you do get them back, they're completely unusable.

Paint Reclaimer is a good idea, though, but among other things, that Bullet Reclaimer is way too complicated. And unnecessary.
irl people can collect the shells and make hand loads out of 'explosive powder' and lead, and i guess nothing stops you retrieving and melting down the old bullets for lead(except time vs cost)

looks cool, but i dont even really like the idea of arrows dropping when you shoot them, it bugs me because i keep wanting to pick it up, which just delays me. paint reclaimer looks nice though.

Lets be honest guys, people are complaining about realism saying that 'you can't reclaim a bullet from someone in real life' but let's be honest. This game isn't exactly Call Of Duty. People are complaining about the realism in a game where you can battle giant laser-shooting eyes and craft wings out of souls to let yourself fly. I think you're being a bit selective about what unrealism bothers you.

Lets be honest guys, people are complaining about realism saying that 'you can't reclaim a bullet from someone in real life' but let's be honest. This game isn't exactly Call Of Duty. People are complaining about the realism in a game where you can battle giant laser-shooting eyes and craft wings out of souls to let yourself fly. I think you're being a bit selective about what unrealism bothers you.
I would like to note that most of the people complaining about the Bullet reclaimer seem totally fine with the paint reclaimer even though the paint reclaimer is even more nonsensical and unrealistic than the bullet reclaimer. You CAN reclaim bullets, just really really slowly and difficultly. Scraped dry paint? Especially latex or other kinds of paint? You can't do jack with that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom