tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Has anyone else been having the pirate map issue again? I see it was supposed to be fixed, but it's happening in my version again. It started up a little after I updated tmodloader's newer version to the one to run 1.4.1. Not sure if it's because of another mod or not, but I find that doubtful.

HOLY FREAKING GOD DO NOT USE THE FRENZY POTION IN THE DUNGEON ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE THE THORIUM MOD INSTALLED

Anyways, amazing mod. I especially love the frenzy potion as it makes farming mobs much more fun.

HOLY FREAKING GOD DO NOT USE THE FRENZY POTION IN THE DUNGEON ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE THE THORIUM MOD INSTALLED

Anyways, amazing mod. I especially love the frenzy potion as it makes farming mobs much more fun.
Hah, that and a battle potion, only true men can withstand such waves of enemies :p

Please consider providing a link for version 8.3.5 of tmodloader. Trying to Build the source did not work for me and I'd really love to use your mod. :(

EDIT: This post was made due to similar reasons of the original inquirer, I was trying to use the same mods as Yogscast Sjin. However, the Pumpking's Mod's author has indicated he plans to bring it to the lasted version of mod loader soon. Further, after consideration it's very possible to play using all mods except Pumpking's Mod for much of your world file, as a majority of that mod only applies to late game content; as well as it lacking much content to begin with.
Sorry, I didn't see this post. I haven't unwatched my thread, but I stopped receiving email from it. I just added forums.terraria.org to my safe senders so hopefully that helped. I just updated it, and noticed more replies that I haven't seen.

I'm going to try to build up a Reduced Grinding for 8.3.5 then.

EDIT: I've encountered an error when trying to build it. I think some things have been changed in the Terraria version change. I'm trying to find out what they used to be, but if anyonebody knows can you reply:
c:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding0.8.3.5\ReducedGrinding.cs(1846,15) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Player' does not contain a definition for 'FindBuffIndex' and no extension method 'FindBuffIndex' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

c:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding0.8.3.5\ReducedGrinding.cs(1851,15) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Player' does not contain a definition for 'FindBuffIndex' and no extension method 'FindBuffIndex' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

c:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding0.8.3.5\Items\Frenzy_Potion.cs(20,9) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Item' does not contain a definition for 'UseSound' and no extension method 'UseSound' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Item' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

c:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding0.8.3.5\Items\Frenzy_Potion.cs(20,20) : error CS0103: The name 'SoundID' does not exist in the current context

Last edited:
Small issue, is that my friends and I are playing using this mod with thorium, pumpking, Fargo's Mod, Calamity, and for some reason, we narrowed down an issue to be from this mod which makes all enemies unable to drop any money.

Small issue, is that my friends and I are playing using this mod with thorium, pumpking, Fargo's Mod, Calamity, and for some reason, we narrowed down an issue to be from this mod which makes all enemies unable to drop any money.
I just tried playing in both single player and multiplayer with only my mod enabled and enemies are dropping money. Maybe one of the mods are outdated? The mod browser allows you to filter mods, but needed updates only.

If I want vanilla drop rates but want the frenzy and battle potion parts do I just change everything to 0?
Yes, except there are configurations that are either true or false. Also, FrenzyPotionPowderCost controls the recipe for that (every 5 powders converts to 1 mushroom in the recipe).

Yes, except there are configurations that are either true or false. Also, FrenzyPotionPowderCost controls the recipe for that (every 5 powders converts to 1 mushroom in the recipe).

Okay, I think the original drop rates are just fine with the frenzy potion or even a buffed battle potion.

I updated all of my mods today ( Reduced Grinding, Pumpkings Mod, Throium Mod, and Tremor Mod) and when I have Reduced Grinding mod enabled any invasion that happens will never go away and will stick at 0%. As soon as I Turn this mod off i am able to get rid of the invasion. Any tips??

Edit: it also seems to mess with the Last Prism item from the moon lord. Causing the beams to end faster than normal.

I updated all of my mods today ( Reduced Grinding, Pumpkings Mod, Throium Mod, and Tremor Mod) and when I have Reduced Grinding mod enabled any invasion that happens will never go away and will stick at 0%. As soon as I Turn this mod off i am able to get rid of the invasion. Any tips??

Edit: it also seems to mess with the Last Prism item from the moon lord. Causing the beams to end faster than normal.
I played it with nothing, but fully updated versions of the mods you just listed, and I didn't have those problems. I think it's very unlikely that my mod mod would cause any of those problems, because all my mod does is add item drops and adds items to things like npcs and quest items. I don't know what's causing it.

EDIT: I don't know if it would work, but you could try testing each of those mods individually.

I played it with nothing, but fully updated versions of the mods you just listed, and I didn't have those problems. I think it's very unlikely that my mod mod would cause any of those problems, because all my mod does is add item drops and adds items to things like npcs and quest items. I don't know what's causing it.

EDIT: I don't know if it would work, but you could try testing each of those mods individually.

I had the same issue, can't remember what mod it was though. It was not reduced grinding. I believe it was another issue with Dushy's upgrade mod.

yea thats what I did and thats how I came to the conclusion that it was the reduced grinding mod. oh well guess I'll go back to grinding. Thanks though

Could you make the appearance rate of the gatligator and the pulse bow configurable? Those two are a real pain to get, and if you do get them you'll probably already have something better.

Could you make the appearance rate of the gatligator and the pulse bow configurable? Those two are a real pain to get, and if you do get them you'll probably already have something better.
Okay. I updated it and now you can increase the chances of those items appearing, using the configurations. You'll have to update the configurations, here's a copy of the notes for it I put in my main post:

Note: If the Configuration gets updated, the new lines wont be added to the already existing configuration file, you'll have to delete the file and reload mods to regenerate it. You can copy the previous configuration file somewhere to keep track of what changes you've made. You can use an text comparison tool to see what changes are made: http://www.textdiff.com/

Okay. I updated it and now you can increase the chances of those items appearing, using the configurations. You'll have to update the configurations, here's a copy of the notes for it I put in my main post:

Note: If the Configuration gets updated, the new lines wont be added to the already existing configuration file, you'll have to delete the file and reload mods to regenerate it. You can copy the previous configuration file somewhere to keep track of what changes you've made. You can use an text comparison tool to see what changes are made: http://www.textdiff.com/

I can't believe how fast you added it, someone should have suggested it long ago... Anyway thanks a lot!

Edit: also, i know i may be asking too much here, but could i suggest changing the name of the frenzy potion to something else? because Thorium adds a frenzy potion too, but that one increases all attack speed (not just melee speed) and it fits better imo. Maybe something like "War Potion", idk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom