tModLoader [Released] Jenosis' Furniture, Food, and Fun

How are you enjoying the new armors and weapons?

• I love them

Votes: 184 73.6%
  • I like them, but they need a tweak (please say in comments below)

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • I don't like because they need tweaking first (say tweak in comments)

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 32 12.8%

• Total voters
Finally got a new update done now that the holidays are over. Most of the stuff I had planned couldn't be added in all at once. I got more of the "core" things done and will be getting more done soon hopefully.

-Grocer has been readded and sells Sugar and Sweet Blocks (for now).
-Added Sweets themed furniture set (sprited by @Snarferman!).
-Craft Candy is made from Sugar at the Oven and is used to make the Sweets Furniture set.
- 4 new ores now generate after Moon Lord’s defeat.
- Currently there is only one armor set you can make and it’s made from Verdanite.
- Nature’s Armor Set is now available and is centered around range. Does not have a set bonus just yet.
- Paper Lantern and Log Table have been added.
- Treasure Chest, Jellyfish Chandelier, Pufferfish Lantern, Pearl Candle, and Nautical Chair have been added.
- Aegis Contraption has been added and does something special when you right click it. Made from Luminite Bars and Fallen Stars.
-Dream Fountain had been added. Does not have a purpose yet. Crafted with 1 of each fountain type from witch doctor and 10 fallen stars.

EDIT: QUICK PSA:
Mod Browser doesn't allow tmod files bigger than 2MB so the mod can't be updated on the mod browser (for now) so you'll have to use the download link in the OP

Last edited:
I finally got around to doing it and I did it at the best time:

gCMyuIi.png
Now you too can support the mod with a new and recently up-to-date banner!
Now that that's done I'd like to take the time to thank all of you who enjoy/play/support this mod.
In January of 2015 I had just gotten over my depression about how bad college grades were and decided to improve my performance in school all around. One day in class I said to myself "Wouldn't it be fun to have my own personal mod to play around with?". Later that day I stumbled across tAPI and from thereon I decided to code my first tile: the Test Table. I later realized I didn't know if I could sprite and that's when it happened; I made my first sprite for a Terraria mod that later became named Jenosis (I couldn't decide on a proper name so I used my username as a placeholder). A few weeks later and some help from @White, @Bullseye55, @W1K, @Pumpking, and @Yoraiz0r ; I finally had completed the first functional furniture set I have made. I was very happy with the results and decided to make the mod public for others to play around with. I then got some ideas for furniture sets I'd love to see in the game: a Tropical themed furniture set in the form of palm trees, coconuts, and wicker furniture, Flower furniture (which I split into 3 separate sets because I couldn't decide on a certain flower), Elegant furniture; which was inspired by the Regal furniture in Animal Crossing, and Jam furniture; which is one of the most weird and fun furniture sets suggested to me by a dear friend.

I loved every part of modding in tAPI until tAPI wouldn't update to 1.3. When I heard the news about tAPI not being update anymore I kinda got sad that I wouldn't be able to make stuff and see them in game anymore. 1.3 launches and not a week later did I find out there was a unofficial modding api in development. It was named tModLoader and it gave me hope that I would be able to pick up modding again. @bluemagic123 was the person behind tModLoader and as soon as I saw the thread I started to ask questions about how TML will work (tAPI functioned mostly off of .JSONs and TML is operated by .CS files). Soon there after I decided to see how the ExampleMod did it and decided to get started on porting my mod over. As soon as modtiles were available that's when my real work with porting started and asked blueagic123 all the questions and eventually bugged him about providing example bed/chest/doors so others can easily create their own functioning chests/beds/doors. Come endgame in vanilla Terraria I was disappoointed there wasn't any lunar fragment walls or furniture sets even; so I took care of that and updated my mod everytime a set was done.
@Corenality, @Snarferman, and @BloodstainedAngel were kind and let me use some of their sprites for my mod when I couldn't find the time or inspiration to get something sprited myself (so go give them and the above tagged some love because they most definitely deserve it).

What started as an attempt to keep myself away from depression ended up being something I very much enjoy doing and working on. I thank all of you who've stuck around and cheered me on in making this mod I appreciate it a lot. Let's make 2016 a super special year eh?

Now that tModLoader has updated to v0.7 I have rebuilt the mod for this version and have made a small change:

The Dream Fountain now gives off the Dreamstate buff.
Dreamstate acts as a small health and mana regen with a peace candle thrown into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom