[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say i like this game but I'm still trying to download it...

I need some help.
7884215818_cb7ca5ac79.jpg

You do realise making 300 unique items and a boss takes at the very least 2 months depending on Blahblahbal's skill and available time.
Not even counting making the sprites and plotting the ideas of these 300 items.
I don't think Exxo Avalon is gonna have 1000 unique items before 1.3 gets released.
Anyway, thanks for your hard work Blahblahbal.
You have underestimated blah, I've known him and talked to him far longer than you. Trust me I know that blah can make 1000 items within a week. And I even make sprites for him so he has backup.

Suggestions for Сontagion (IDEA)
3f9d49ac23a8.png
f8faaa05ffde.png
17d5024cfb18.png

New versions of sprites, apart from the usual attacks, big monster is able to produce spores that explode and spread the infection.

The worm is able to produce small tapeworms.

Face, growls, and shoots a flurry of infection.

YES YES YES!!! ALL MY YES!!!
your sprites are getting better and better. i am very impressed.

Edit: sneakin in these ideas while i have a post which is not hidden on other pages.

Spectral Bouncerang.
Magical Boomerang + 100 Gel + 20 Ectoplasm.

Damage : 30 Magic damage
Cost : 10 each second channeled.
Focus Type Weapon, (needs to be held down, stays in effect as long as held down)

Shoots a piercing, Bouncing spectral flame whichs stays in play as long as it is channeled.
Will NOT disappear nor slow down until out of mana or you let go.
upon letting go the projectile disappears.
Utterly uncontrollable except the first direction. will bounce like meteor shots.

----------------------------------------------------------

Eater Hive.

100 Hive Block + 30 soul of Night + Staff of the Corruptor.

Permanent turret BLOCK.
spawns tiny eaters which go out in random directions and home in on enemies every 3 seconds. sends out 3-4 at a time.
same damage as staff of the corruptor eaters.

placeable.

Last edited:
Suggestions for Сontagion (IDEA)
3f9d49ac23a8.png
f8faaa05ffde.png
17d5024cfb18.png

New versions of sprites, apart from the usual attacks, big monster is able to produce spores that explode and spread the infection.

The worm is able to produce small tapeworms.

Face, growls, and shoots a flurry of infection.
These monsters need to add!

You have underestimated blah, I've known him and talked to him far longer than you. Trust me I know that blah can make 1000 items within a week. And I even make sprites for him so he has backup.
Let me put it this way.

Re-Logic likely can't even put out 20 unique items in a single week. And they have a full team. There's no chance in hell Blah alone would be able to produce 300 unique items in even a few months.

The problem here is not us underestimating blah- it's you overestimating him. He is one person. He is not a full dev team. He is not a magical master of game making. Sure, he's good at it, but he's not THAT good, no matter how much you wish he was. That is part of the reason I shot a lot of your ideas down- I'm not trying to speak for Blah, but I've been hanging around the game development community for a long time. I have a pretty good idea of what is and isn't practical when it comes to these things. I've even tried doing some of them myself. I know more about what I'm talking about than most of the people in this thread.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how well you know him. That doesn't factor much into what he's really capable of, which isn't as much as you think he is. Not even Re-Logic is. You're also talking about something you clearly have no experience with. Making these things is no cakewalk. As @Cheezemaniac said, there's a lot to doing something as complex as what you're trying to suggest, and even with me supplying ideas (as I've mentioned before I'm basically a walking idea generator) and you supplying sprites he wouldn't even come close. These things take time. Lots and lots of it. Terraria is, frankly, not the most well-coded game in existence (and I'm sure blah would back me up on this), which just adds to the amount of time required.

Actually, you know what? Here's a good way to put it. What you're looking at is something that would probably take upwards of several hundred man-hours to complete AT LEAST. Making a boss takes time. (I would know, I've coded them in DECORATE, and that's a lot simpler to work with.) Making 300 unique items takes even longer. Far, far longer. Because in order to feasibly pull that off, you have to add extra content alongside it.

In addition. Terraria 1.2 took over a year to develop, and had a full team working on it, and it only added in the neighborhood of 500-700 items. Imagine how long that'd take with only one person. That's basically what you're asking. Blah is a mod developer, not a wizard. You seem convinced he's the latter, though. He isn't. No one's that good. No single person will ever accomplish something so massively absurd. A team of 2000 people? Sure. But not a single person.

I think you get my point.

I completely agree with what you're saying. No single man/woman could code 300 items in such a short time. Again as you said, if it was a team of people (Around 50 or so.) might be able to pull it off, but one person could not. I'm not underestimating the skills of Blah. He is so many tiers above me in coding (I only coded a small TBA game for school), but no one could do that amount of coding by themselves.

Maybe if he didn't take breaks and didn't sleep he could possibly do it, but that is unreasonable and dangerous. I don't want one of my favourite mod developers dead because 2-3 people said that it was possible for him to code ~300 items in a month or two. I say wait for the updates. Items will probably come in at a steady pace, and sooner or later there will be 300 new items that people requested.

Blah is not a machine. Please don't treat him like one. He needs to rest like everyone else.

There is one major factor you have forgotten items are easy to program in but details like effects and drop rates are why it takes long another important factor is that how much spare time you have how long your breaks are so what I am saying a talented person can code 300 items in a week but not add drops and just put simple crafting recipes along with effects such as beams if I add the crossed out factors the person may only be able to code about 20 items

Let me put it this way.

Re-Logic likely can't even put out 20 unique items in a single week. And they have a full team. There's no chance in hell Blah alone would be able to produce 300 unique items in even a few months.

The problem here is not us underestimating blah- it's you overestimating him. He is one person. He is not a full dev team. He is not a magical master of game making. Sure, he's good at it, but he's not THAT good, no matter how much you wish he was. That is part of the reason I shot a lot of your ideas down- I'm not trying to speak for Blah, but I've been hanging around the game development community for a long time. I have a pretty good idea of what is and isn't practical when it comes to these things. I've even tried doing some of them myself. I know more about what I'm talking about than most of the people in this thread.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how well you know him. That doesn't factor much into what he's really capable of, which isn't as much as you think he is. Not even Re-Logic is. You're also talking about something you clearly have no experience with. Making these things is no cakewalk. As @Cheezemaniac said, there's a lot to doing something as complex as what you're trying to suggest, and even with me supplying ideas (as I've mentioned before I'm basically a walking idea generator) and you supplying sprites he wouldn't even come close. These things take time. Lots and lots of it. Terraria is, frankly, not the most well-coded game in existence (and I'm sure blah would back me up on this), which just adds to the amount of time required.

Actually, you know what? Here's a good way to put it. What you're looking at is something that would probably take upwards of several hundred man-hours to complete AT LEAST. Making a boss takes time. (I would know, I've coded them in DECORATE, and that's a lot simpler to work with.) Making 300 unique items takes even longer. Far, far longer. Because in order to feasibly pull that off, you have to add extra content alongside it.

In addition. Terraria 1.2 took over a year to develop, and had a full team working on it, and it only added in the neighborhood of 500-700 items. Imagine how long that'd take with only one person. That's basically what you're asking. Blah is a mod developer, not a wizard. You seem convinced he's the latter, though. He isn't. No one's that good. No single person will ever accomplish something so massively absurd. A team of 2000 people? Sure. But not a single person.

I think you get my point.
dood, u r really underestimating blah. he's actually god

Found this, it appears that if nilmode will exist, we'll have it based on defense:
public static int NilMode(Player P)
{
if (P.statDefense > 130)
{
return 1;
}
if (P.statDefense > 150)
{
return 2;
}
if (P.statDefense > 175)
{
return 3;
}
if (P.statDefense > 200 && P.statDefense < 330)
{
return 4;
}
return 0;
}

You're the one underestimating blah. He created one God for each universe. There's nearly infinite universes out there.
dood, u r really underestimating blah. he's actually god

More like all three of you underestimate the entire team. We have about 12 members on the AvalonMod team that can invest time into a project if it is important, with backups and Github collaboration and Dropbox sprite collaboration. Only thing that takes the time you are concerned about, is getting player feedback and balancing, which is by far the longest process in the design here. :p

Edit: My motivation plays a big factor in the TAPI version, too. The more support I see from our fabulous community we've built up, the more motivation I can get to add much needed content. Suggestions, sprites, or general chat or compliments help, or just feedback on TAPI content. :p

More like all three of you underestimate the entire team. We have about 12 members on the AvalonMod team that can invest time into a project if it is important, with backups and Github collaboration and Dropbox sprite collaboration. Only thing that takes the time you are concerned about, is getting player feedback and balancing, which is by far the longest process in the design here. :p
lol can u answer my earlier question about why the underground ice cabins have so much money in them? at least make them rarer

lol can u answer my earlier question about why the underground ice cabins have so much money in them? at least make them rarer

No control over Exxo AvalonMod specifics. No access to the code. That's Blah's little project what he codes by himself using the team and produce program sprites. Can hardly call it little though anymore though, can you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom