[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wanting to do some more spriting, and as I was playing the mod, I noticed the blowpipes, which have kinda not-so-good sprites

So... I was wondering if someone could provide me with the current ones, and a small description (what its called, when you get it, and what tier its in)

Oooookay then....

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "Avalon:Freeze" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at Avalon.Projectiles.FromPlayer.Spells.FreezeBolt.DamageNPC(Terraria.NPC npc, System.Int32 hitDir, System.Int32& damage, System.Single& knockback, System.Boolean& crit, System.Single& critMult) in \Avalon\Projectiles\FromPlayer\Spells\Freeze Bolt.cs at line 61
at TAPI.Hooks.Call( ts, t1, t2, t3, t4, t5, t6)
at TAPI.CodableProjectile.DamageNPC(Terraria.NPC npc, System.Int32 hitDir, System.Int32& damage, System.Single& knockback, System.Boolean& crit, System.Single& critMult)
at Terraria.Projectile.Damage()
at Terraria.Projectile.Update(System.Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

This occured when I hit one of the "barrels" with a freeze bolt.

Oooookay then....

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "Avalon:Freeze" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at Avalon.Projectiles.FromPlayer.Spells.FreezeBolt.DamageNPC(Terraria.NPC npc, System.Int32 hitDir, System.Int32& damage, System.Single& knockback, System.Boolean& crit, System.Single& critMult) in \Avalon\Projectiles\FromPlayer\Spells\Freeze Bolt.cs at line 61
at TAPI.Hooks.Call( ts, t1, t2, t3, t4, t5, t6)
at TAPI.CodableProjectile.DamageNPC(Terraria.NPC npc, System.Int32 hitDir, System.Int32& damage, System.Single& knockback, System.Boolean& crit, System.Single& critMult)
at Terraria.Projectile.Damage()
at Terraria.Projectile.Update(System.Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

This occured when I hit one of the "barrels" with a freeze bolt.

Looks like someone moved the files wrong. The freeze spell's debuff is not showing in the live files.

But, what testing is for. I'll get with Poro to see what happened. Don't get frustrated. :p

A notice will be edited here when it is fixed and synced with live.

Edit Notice: Issue Fixed. Redownload for the latest version.

Last edited:
I actually hope the kinetic boots dont make it in the current form, that infinite jumping feels very overpowered. What are the superaccessories?

Looks like someone moved the files wrong. The freeze spell's debuff is not showing in the live files.

But, what testing is for. I'll get with Poro to see what happened. Don't get frustrated. :p

A notice will be edited here when it is fixed and synced with live.

Thanks ;)

I kinda like helping with reporting bugs and stuff. Makes it feel like I'm actually contributing to improving the mod with every little step.

I actually hope the kinetic boots dont make it in the current form, that infinite jumping feels very overpowered. What are the superaccessories?

Superaccessories were most prevalent in the Tconfig versions, but they have never been fully purged. The Kinetic Boots you speak of in the sourcemod are a superaccessory, and will not make it to my TAPI version. That doesn't mean I'll not add them, but if I do, they will be balanced and repurposed. :p

The issue above has also been fixed, as evident with the edit. Thanks, Merpling! :)

Finally getting finished up with this Mod and I've got to say it was amazing! Always something to be progressing towards, plenty of incredible items to choose from,and satisfying post game rewards. Berskerers Nightmare is the combination of my two favorite weapons in the game and I can't say enough about how accomplished I felt finally crafting it and watching it somehow be even better than I had anticipated. Keep up the great work I'm excited for the Tapi version!

Do you think maybe we can split this thread into tAPI Avalon and Exxo Avalon threads? I'm trying to get updates/news on Exxo Avalon, but all I'm getting is tAPI news.

In the dark matter are missing your boss:
08d4d5e0739d.jpg

An alternative version of the World Eaters. Leaving directly from the hole.

Boss - Umbra :D

WOOOOOOOOW! *sonic 3 Ice Cap Zone act 2 music starts playing*

EDIT: when i try to build the mod this error comes up:

Code:
Terraria 1.2.4.1, tAPI Builder r14a

========================================
Building mod Avalon

Validating Jsons...
Setting up DLL references...
Compiling code...
MInterface.cs  (75,24)
  Il nome 'Vector2' non esiste nel contesto corrente.
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Corruption Key Mold"].type, 1);
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,28)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Worm Food"].type, 1);
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,32)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Demonite Ore"].type, Main.rand.Next(20, 36));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,36)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Shadow Scale"].type, Main.rand.Next(10, 16));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,40)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Ebonstone Block"].type, Main.rand.Next(20, 41));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,44)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Soul of Night"].type, Main.rand.Next(3, 7));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,48)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Deathweed"].type, Main.rand.Next(3, 7));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,52)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Rotten Eye"].type, Main.rand.Next(1, 3));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,56)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Rotten Chunk"].type, Main.rand.Next(2, 6));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,71)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Crimson Key Mold"].type, 1);
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,75)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Bloody Spine"].type, 1);
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,79)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Crimtane Ore"].type, Main.rand.Next(20, 36));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,83)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Tissue Sample"].type, Main.rand.Next(10, 16));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,87)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Crimstone Block"].type, Main.rand.Next(20, 41));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,91)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Soul of Night"].type, Main.rand.Next(3, 7));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,95)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Bloodberry"].type, Main.rand.Next(3, 8));
                                                                          ^
MInterface.cs  (75,99)
                        Item.NewItem(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position, Vector2.Zero, ItemDef.byName["Vanilla:Vertebrae"].type, Main.rand.Next(2, 6));
                                                                          ^
Failed to build Avalon.

========================================

Built 0 mods.

EDIT2: i looked into the mod's code and fixed it but now it gives me another error when i start the game:
Code:
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Avalon.tapi: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at NVorbis.RingBuffer.EnsureSize(Int32 size)
   at NVorbis.VorbisStreamDecoder.ReadSamples(Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at NVorbis.VorbisReader.ReadSamples(Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Avalon.API.Audio.OggVorbis.CreateEffect(Stream vorbisData, Boolean disposeStream) in c:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\Avalon\API\Audio\OggVorbis.cs:line 155
   at Avalon.API.Audio.OggVorbis..ctor(Byte[] data) in c:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\Avalon\API\Audio\OggVorbis.cs:line 53
   at Avalon.API.Audio.VorbisPlayer.GetTrack(String modName, String fileName) in c:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\Avalon\API\Audio\VorbisPlayer.cs:line 179
   at Avalon.API.Audio.VorbisPlayer.LoadTrack(String resourceName, ModBase base) in c:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\Avalon\API\Audio\VorbisPlayer.cs:line 226
   at Avalon.AvalonMod.OnLoad() in c:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\Avalon\AvalonMod.cs:line 185
   at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
   at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
   at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
   at TAPI.Mod.Load()
   at TAPI.Mods.Load()
  at TAPI.Mods.Load()

i CAN access the title screen but if i try to access a world it gives me this error:
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TAPI.TileDef.GetCodeHandler(System.Int32 type)
  at TAPI.TileDef.GetCodeHandler(System.Int32 x, System.Int32 y, System.Boolean wallCode = False)
  at Terraria.Lighting.PreRenderPhase()
  at Terraria.Lighting.LightTiles(System.Int32 firstX, System.Int32 lastX, System.Int32 firstY, System.Int32 lastY)
  at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
help plz!

Last edited:
A split's never going to happen with threads. Simply learn to read through and stop being lazy. :p
Alright man, only the first part was necessary though.

What are the requirements for the portal to spawn in the temple? I've killed Golem and every boss before it, including Plantera. I've killed Golem twice, and to no prevail, it didn't show up. Then, I moved the Golem spawner to a more open area (still in the Temple), killed it, and yet, no portal.

Last edited:
Alright man, only the first part was necessary though.

What are the requirements for the portal to spawn in the temple? I've killed Golem and every boss before it, including Plantera. I've killed Golem twice, and to no prevail, it didn't show up. Then, I moved the Golem spawner to a more open area (still in the Temple), killed it, and yet, no portal.
try a new world...

ive posted this a few times yet no response how/where do i fight the dragon lord because every time i fight he glitches out, he roars 3-4 times and the boss music fades out and he never shows up, and i really want the quadro cannon

I understand that, but I want to have solarium in my original world. Not to mention that you have to kill the Wall of Flesh, then the Mechanical Bosses, then Plantera, THEN Golem. And I still won't reap the benefits in my world.
if it didn't spawn at the first golem kill then your only choice is to make a new world since it can spawn only at first golem kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom