tModLoader [Released WIP] The Split Mod!

Sorry guys, I've been away for a long time (and not of my own, unfortunately), but I'd be happy to show some of the content we're currently working on. We've been waiting for the tModLoader update for Journey's End, so we had plenty of time to rework the existing content (yeah, basically, all of it) and add a lot of new things and mechanics. Thank you all guys and gals for being so patient! :happy:

Sorry guys, I've been away for a long time (and not of my own, unfortunately), but I'd be happy to show some of the content we're currently working on. We've been waiting for the tModLoader update for Journey's End, so we had plenty of time to rework the existing content (yeah, basically, all of it) and add a lot of new things and mechanics. Thank you all guys and gals for being so patient! :happy:
oh hey, Split is NOT dead, that's great to hear!

Heck yes! Now that is what I'm talking about!
I've seen the updates Spirit one shared around in other discords and those sprite updates are extremely good, but not the others.

You get bonus kudos from me for making use of snowballs; in a neat way <3

I don't think people really realize Split was the first real mod that properly added fully animated npcs and bosses, and it looks like it still is

Heck yes! Now that is what I'm talking about!
I've seen the updates Spirit one shared around in other discords and those sprite updates are extremely good, but not the others.

You get bonus kudos from me for making use of snowballs; in a neat way <3

I don't think people really realize Split was the first real mod that properly added fully animated npcs and bosses, and it looks like it still is

Thanks, that's nice to hear! :happy:

nice to see the split mod was still worked on all this time, but with journeys end released i was sure that every mod developer was gonna drop the bomb once the update releases...... i was hoping the mod didnt left abandoned like a few ones due to personal matters, lets be honest everyone is already having a bad time with "that thing among us", and no its not a reference to that game.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

something something...

Hello! The split mod is one of my favorite mods for Terraria. It is packed full of a lot enjoyable content. Plus, the updates to it are honestly incredible. HOWEVER, there is one major thing that really disappointed me. The rework of the spirit boss, I personally think is terrible. This rework was in v 0.3.0.1. First of all, this update was amazing in general. It added 2 more amazing bosses and, as always, includes content as polished as ever. But this update came with the spirit rework. The boss before the rework was really fun. It has great sprite work (as always), had fun attacks, but my favorite part was AFTER the fight. When she was defeated, she would stop attacking, take off her hoodie and then there would be a moment of dialogue that included a bunch of plot stuff, and added a ton of character to the boss. But now, the rework of the spirit has sprite work that isn't bad, but not as impressive as the amazing original fight. Plus, the dialogue at the end of the fight was reduced to one sentence, and there is no moment of conversation or anything. She just disappears when she runs out of health.

So anyways, I hope this doesn't come off as mean or anything. I didn't go into detail about the rework of the fight ITSELF, but the attacks are just kind of more underwhelming now. I just want to know if anyone else thinks the same as me. I love this mod, while it has a small amount of content compared to something like calamity, but all the content is very polished, fun and a joy to see. Personally, I think calamity has nothing on this mod in terms of polish! Now that it has been updated more, it really should be one of the most respected mods in all of Terraria. I hope it gets even more content in the future!<3

I really want to see some replies to this, so I can hear some other opinions about this~:sigh:

Edit: I just recently played with the split mod again, and I can happily say the mirage is one of my new favorite bosses and maybe even my overall favorite. So many awesome attacks, an interesting way to spawn it, some of the best sprite work I've ever seen in a mod, and loot that actually makes it very worth to fight. Incredible!

Don't worry (if you're still interested), both the melody and monologue will be back in the next update!

Back
Top Bottom