PC [REPOST] Game crashes everytime I try to host/join a server

But Windows XP dont have Framework 4.5 :C my friend's game crash when enter in multiplayer D:
This thread is not about Windows XP (which is obsolete anyways, noone should use this for a home pc anymore), so you have to wait for a fix.

Well since it's fixed now I would like to mark the thread as resolved but I don't know how to :rolleyes:

I've put the fix in the first post so everyone can see it anyways~ Thanks again @Midna Rinku! :happy:

Since I updated to 1.3 I've been completely unable to play any kind of multiplayer game; everytime I try to host a server it kinda lags until the point it says "Found server" and crashes, with a Terraria.exe stopped working message. Same thing happens if I try to join any kind of server, happening both via Steam or IP.

I've been playing Terraria for a really long time and I never had problems of any kind like crashing or stuttering between others like it's occurring right now, so I highly doubt it's related to my computer but I'll leave my specs anyway:

4GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9200
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.50 GHz
Running on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

Know any solution? Because I'm completely unable to play with any friend at all and it is indeed getting me desperate, any help would be highly welcome :(

EDIT: I could manage to run a dedicated server, my friends can join but at the moment I join, the Terraria client crashes and then the server crashes too, kicking everyone from it, this is really weird ;(

EDIT 2: I managed to fix it thanks to @Midna Rinku, downloading the microsoft framework 4.5 fixed it and everything went as always, thanks for the solution! :D
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

/Reposting this in here since noone seems to be able to help me in the other subforum/
I downloaded the framework, and it still crashed when he tried to join

You should be using the latest NET FRAMEWORK 4.5.2, though it makes sense that it worked with 4.5 since it seems that is what the developers must be compiling the game against.

I think that if you disable "Enable steam cloud synchronization for Terraria" in Terraria steam settings it might fix it. (Not thoroughly tested)

So, I have NET Framework 4.5, yet terraria modded still crashes upon joining a friend's session. I know this form is old, but I could use some help here.

Back
Top Bottom