tModLoader Rockos ARPG

C:\Users\(YOUR NAME GOES HERE)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Players

this is where the save file goes. Then cut and paste it in a backup folder. Then test the mod again

Quick fix: player will no longuer use equipped item while in menu or skill tree

bedtime

Last edited:
I found error, can't summon goblin invasion because cannot raise health points with heart crystals

this mod seems so good, but i do have one major problem, its not a bug, but could you add a option to change the keybind of the stats window, the key "i" is my up key so everytime i press up the stats window opens up, like i said its nothing that bugs anything, its just that its very hard to go through my controls and get used to new ones so i dont end up pressing it every 2 steps.

@Rockos , of the three days I've spent trying this out, I've definitely come to enjoy it. So, since no one else here has mentioned it yet, I have a few important bug reports for you.

(I apologize if the images don't display properly here. If you click on them, they'll still appear.)
2016-03-06_00001.jpg 2016-03-06_00002.jpg 2016-03-06_00003.jpg
As you can see, the EXP value greatly bugs out after level 99. This can't possibly be intentional, can it?

And now for a bug with mod damage.
2016-03-06_00004.jpg 2016-03-06_00005.jpg 2016-03-06_00006.jpg 2016-03-06_00007.jpg 2016-03-06_00008.jpg 2016-03-06_00009.jpg 2016-03-06_00010.jpg
(Pay no attention to this character being different from the last. This character has the same INT and passives as the last.)
2016-03-06_00013.jpg 2016-03-06_00011.jpg 2016-03-06_00012.jpg
So, comparing the ranged damage test with the Pulse Bow with the magic damage test with the Water Bolt, you can see that sometimes the mod's extra damage kicks in, but other times it does not. Namely magic. If you need more testing I will do so when I can.
(Bare in mind the Pulse Bow also had the added damage and crit of the Endless Quiver.)

If you're eagle-eyed, you might notice there are mod items visible in the screenshots. I assure you the mods are not interfering with yours and are not altering these results. I did every test again using only your mod and had the same result.

Having shown you those, I have noticed a few other quirks.

1. As @Pscx1 mentioned, Goblin Invasions cannot occur. Whether naturally or through a Goblin Battle Standard. The natural Eye of Cthulhu spawn cannot happen either, but it can be summoned using the Suspicious Looking Eye.
  2. As visible in the above screenshots, the default Terraria display of Life and Mana is showing even though your mod's bars are present. This is incredibly minor and not of much importance.
  3. Your mod's custom Health and Mana potion hotkeys sometimes do not work. Making it impossible to heal or restore mana. I like the removal of the Potion and Mana Sickness debuff however, so I have hopes of this being fixed. I have found that disabling, reloading, and then re-enabling your mod fixes this issue for at least one play session. (Meaning one instance of Open World > Play > Save & Quit.)
  4. Similarly to #3, the hotkeys for increasing STR, INT, and DEX (7/8/9) also sometimes do not work. This is just a minor annoyance. The same trick as described in #3 also fixes this for one play session.
  5. Some skills in the skill tree either do not function, do not function as described, have wrong names, are completely impossible to select, or have broken requirements.
  6. Seemingly randomly, your character may receive more skill points than you were supposed to. This may be due to some bonus you have scripted for defeating a boss for the first time, or maybe after reaching a certain level threshold. I'm very uncertain of this issue's specifications.
  7. Certain enemies give varying amounts of EXP. For example; A Blood Crawler has yielded 88EXP while another Blood Crawler immediately afterword yielded 28EXP. I believe the EXP values may be derived from monster stats like defense and attack as the Dungeon Guardian yields the most EXP of all monsters.
I realize this is still a beta mod, and that is why I'm providing every single issue I can think of so you can improve your mod to the best of it's potential.

Thanks for your mod, and keep up the great work!

Last edited:

1. this might happen due to a change in the way max hp is handled. goblins require atleast 1 player with 5 used hearts on the world in vanilla (meaning 200 hp). due to changes this might be glitched out.
Edit: just noticed that you probably meant the "Life: <value>" and "Mana" notes
these arent appearing for me though, so i dunno

2. doesnt happen to me and on the screenshots it doesnt seem to happen either

3. had no issues regarding that either

4. didnt try that one as i tend to do that stuff using the mouse (more safety when it comes to specific allocation.. atleast for me)

5. didnt progress that much to encounter that problem

6. nothing to say about that here.

7. this may indeed be possible, and i dont think its that much of an issue.

If I can make one major suggestion-- this is the thing that's basically making me not want to use the mod-- can you have the stuff just branch out from the inventory screen? Like maybe a button on the side? It's completely against the way I play Terraria having to tap escape, then go mouse over the inventory button, then do what I need to do, then press escape twice. I know it really doesn't seem like much saying it like that, but it really grates.

1. this might happen due to a change in the way max hp is handled. goblins require atleast 1 player with 5 used hearts on the world in vanilla (meaning 200 hp). due to changes this might be glitched out.
Edit: just noticed that you probably meant the "Life: <value>" and "Mana" notes
these arent appearing for me though, so i dunno

2. doesnt happen to me and on the screenshots it doesnt seem to happen either
I meant both.

2016-03-06_00001.jpg
Above the mod's HP bar in the top right corner, the default Terraria Life and Mana Display is still present. That's what I'm talking about for point #2. Again, not a big deal.

Point #1 is about the goblin invasion itself. As you have said, the 10 heart (200life) requirement for the invasion to occur can't be achieved, so the invasion cannot happen naturally or with the summon item. I've even de-enabled the mod, fought the army on the same world with a new character, found the Tinkerer, and went back in with the mod on again and the summon item still cannot be used.

If I can make one major suggestion-- this is the thing that's basically making me not want to use the mod-- can you have the stuff just branch out from the inventory screen? Like maybe a button on the side? It's completely against the way I play Terraria having to tap escape, then go mouse over the inventory button, then do what I need to do, then press escape twice. I know it really doesn't seem like much saying it like that, but it really grates.
try putting the vanilla key assignment for the inventory on another key andd you wont have any problem there. i for my part put it on 'E' for example.

this mod seems so good, but i do have one major problem, its not a bug, but could you add a option to change the keybind of the stats window, the key "i" is my up key so everytime i press up the stats window opens up, like i said its nothing that bugs anything, its just that its very hard to go through my controls and get used to new ones so i dont end up pressing it every 2 steps.

I will change the button to none since everyone can change the real control. I will let everyone know with the fix.

@Rockos , of the three days I've spent trying this out, I've definitely come to enjoy it. So, since no one else here has mentioned it yet, I have a few important bug reports for you.

(I apologize if the images don't display properly here. If you click on them, they'll still appear.)
View attachment 99401 View attachment 99402 View attachment 99403
As you can see, the EXP value greatly bugs out after level 99. This can't possibly be intentional, can it?

And now for a bug with mod damage.
View attachment 99404 View attachment 99405 View attachment 99406 View attachment 99407 View attachment 99408 View attachment 99409 View attachment 99410
(Pay no attention to this character being different from the last. This character has the same INT and passives as the last.)
View attachment 99411 View attachment 99412 View attachment 99413
So, comparing the ranged damage test with the Pulse Bow with the magic damage test with the Water Bolt, you can see that sometimes the mod's extra damage kicks in, but other times it does not. Namely magic. If you need more testing I will do so when I can.
(Bare in mind the Pulse Bow also had the added damage and crit of the Endless Quiver.)

If you're eagle-eyed, you might notice there are mod items visible in the screenshots. I assure you the mods are not interfering with yours and are not altering these results. I did every test again using only your mod and had the same result.

Having shown you those, I have noticed a few other quirks.

1. As @Pscx1 mentioned, Goblin Invasions cannot occur. Whether naturally or through a Goblin Battle Standard. The natural Eye of Cthulhu spawn cannot happen either, but it can be summoned using the Suspicious Looking Eye.
  2. As visible in the above screenshots, the default Terraria display of Life and Mana is showing even though your mod's bars are present. This is incredibly minor and not of much importance.
  3. Your mod's custom Health and Mana potion hotkeys sometimes do not work. Making it impossible to heal or restore mana. I like the removal of the Potion and Mana Sickness debuff however, so I have hopes of this being fixed. I have found that disabling, reloading, and then re-enabling your mod fixes this issue for at least one play session. (Meaning one instance of Open World > Play > Save & Quit.)
  4. Similarly to #3, the hotkeys for increasing STR, INT, and DEX (7/8/9) also sometimes do not work. This is just a minor annoyance. The same trick as described in #3 also fixes this for one play session.
  5. Some skills in the skill tree either do not function, do not function as described, have wrong names, are completely impossible to select, or have broken requirements.
  6. Seemingly randomly, your character may receive more skill points than you were supposed to. This may be due to some bonus you have scripted for defeating a boss for the first time, or maybe after reaching a certain level threshold. I'm very uncertain of this issue's specifications.
  7. Certain enemies give varying amounts of EXP. For example; A Blood Crawler has yielded 88EXP while another Blood Crawler immediately afterword yielded 28EXP. I believe the EXP values may be derived from monster stats like defense and attack as the Dungeon Guardian yields the most EXP of all monsters.
I realize this is still a beta mod, and that is why I'm providing every single issue I can think of so you can improve your mod to the best of it's potential.

Thanks for your mod, and keep up the great work!

For 1 I didn't know for the goblin invasion, so I am going to fix this by putting the max health 500 for everyone. I will script the rest.

For 2, The life and mana will always display if you mouse over the legacy one because the way tmodloader work. I only replace the texture of the heart and star so it doesn't clutter your screen.

For 3, disable autopause and the quick heal also work with mushrooms and stuff. So if they are in your inventory they will consume giving you like 15 or 20 health.

For 4, the hotkey and click doesn't work on pause. Again disable autopause.

For 5, please show me the path you took, because I had to hardcode every single path and I may have forgotten a way for some skills. You may reach it the other way. But I tested a great part of it. Write down which skills and what is the skill just before. I will communicate with your for this one part.

For 6 it never happened to me. Unless you play a multiplayer game I never stumbled upon this one

For 7 True the exp is given considering the defense and hp of a monster. So if in expert mode and the monsters do not have the same defense it will yeld more xp. Also overkilling a monster yeld more exp.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457303407,1457303291][/DOUBLEPOST]

Will put a changeable key in mod controls. It may make it within the next update.

so, new bug to report, after i disable the mod my health and mana is stuck at 1 each, that's very worrisome to me..

alright i have a fix for the bug i found, can easily be fixed by using crystal hearts and mana stars, not a big deal but tiresome. :)

so, new bug to report, after i disable the mod my health and mana is stuck at 1 each, that's very worrisome to me..
That's not a very big deal honestly. You might want to just create another character, and give your old stuff to that one if you want to play without this mod in the future. If you don't want to lose your character, you can use Creative Mode Mod to set your HP and MP values.

Ninja'd by just a few seconds. :cool:

That's not a very big deal honestly. You might want to just create another character, and give your old stuff to that one if you want to play without this mod in the future. If you don't want to lose your character, you can use Creative Mode Mod to set your HP and MP values.

Ninja'd by just a few seconds. :cool:
i couldn't get that command to work, so i just put on builder mode and grabbed the stuff. :D
anyway playing the mod with a new person would be great, I'll just wait till the mod menu has a different open button, like tab maybe.

The mod looks promising, however, I do not like having to do more just to get to my inventory, it's a bit annoying having to press escape, then having to click on inventory.

I was going to play with this mod and I downloaded it from tmodloader's mod browser but it was too laggy for my friend so I deleted it and my health got reset to 20, my mana to 0 and now I cant see the health and mana icons anymore even with the mod installed, any Idea how to fix this or will I have to reinstall tmodloader.

I guess you can disable the mod then close the game and reopen. It should be okay. I am still in beta with this mod. There are a lot of things I have to fix, since I ported this from tConfig. There were a lot of things that were not in terraria back then and now this is all I have to fix. Also in tconfig, I didn't have to trick the game to get over the actual max mana and max life. Now that I trick the game, I need to modify some base stat, thus breaking health and mana.

Edit: I am working on more than 1 fix at a time please be patient with me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457406624,1457406407][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gravity potions flip the ui upside down, no air bubbles when drowning, invincibility on fire blocks

Download the lastest version for the air bubble and fireblocks invincibility. But for the grav potion I will take a look.

quick question... what is the guardian class exactly?

-changed question bc i didn't read farther ahead before posting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom