tModLoader Rockos ARPG

Hello, My friends and I are having trouble with this mod. I do not know if the issue is with TModloader or the mod itself, but we cannot take damage. When I see my friend take damage, it restores the bar to full, then applies the damage. When on my own hud, the bar just flickers whatever damage it was suppost to take, then restores to full.

I have also tried the same build on Singleplayer, and it worked fine.
this is a known issue with multiplayer currently... this is mostly due to still lacking hooks which allow it to work properly for both singleplayer AND multiplayer. these hooks and other multiplayer issues should be adressed by tmodloader 0.8.3 as far as i read somewhere.

It's probably not broken. You've probably levelled up your regen and health enough to the point where that happens. I'm at the point where I can stand in one spot and fire arrows, and the moon Lord will hit me all he wants, but he will never kill me.

this may also happen.. true... but currently on multiplayer it doesnt even matter if you would take damage above the maximum hp since it doesnt get synchronized properly.
if you reach the point where you are practically invulnerable to the moonlord, try a heartless character (the ability which sets all hp to mana). while in that state all the attacks of the moonlord will hit every frame. meaning the laser will literally obliterate you even though you are level 168 and have over 5000 mp with over 600 mp regen

the menus go to the background when overlapping with lava not sure about other liquids, and when you have buff potions that reveal things, the menus also get overlapped

known issue, already mentioned multiple times :/
yeah I found it out later
[doublepost=1461517327,1461517276][/doublepost]One thing that could be added is that when you press esc the menus with the stats doesn't appear, not the full menu just the one that shows damage, crit, speed

yeah I found it out later
[doublepost=1461517327,1461517276][/doublepost]One thing that could be added is that when you press esc the menus with the stats doesn't appear, not the full menu just the one that shows damage, crit, speed

that happens when you open the inventory,
set both on different keys and you are good to go.

Edit: i think i misread what you said... you want the status windows not to appear when opening the inventory? or did you want it not to appear when you open the mod menu?

that happens when you open the inventory,
set both on different keys and you are good to go.

already set, but it keeps happening, not talking about the full menu, talking about the tab with the stats that says your melee damage, magic damage, ranged damage, etc

already set, but it keeps happening, not talking about the full menu, talking about the tab with the stats that says your melee damage, magic damage, ranged damage, etc
ok then i got it wrong...

well thats something that also gets on my nerves when taking snapshots ingame... its adding the status window in set intervals.

but to me its something purely cosmetic, thus not that important. first should be balancing and bug fixes.

ok then i got it wrong...

well thats something that also gets on my nerves when taking snapshots ingame... its adding the status window in set intervals.

but to me its something purely cosmetic, thus not that important. first should be balancing and bug fixes.

it would be better if that menu was movable, like the hp xp and mana bars

about things overlapping the menu maybe you could ask jopojelly how he made the cheat sheet menu not get overlapped by things like lava, water, etc

One thing about the respec, don't know if people have already suggested this, but you could make two ways to respec, one for the stats(str, int, dex), and the other one for the skill tree

I really love this mod... but I think it makes the game extremely easy. I'm level 200 and I'm virtually unkillable. Literally. I can just stand there against the Moon Lord without moving one single bit and he can't deal enough damage to me. Don't you think you should balance out enemies damage and HP by giving them "levels" too? Something close to what NTerraria and Terraria Leveled RPG do, where areas have levels and monsters scale to be stronger depending on that. Also, farming bosses is a very, very easy way to get levels. I went from 200 to 300 in about 30 mins farming the moon lord/pillars.

I really love this mod... but I think it makes the game extremely easy. I'm level 200 and I'm virtually unkillable. Literally. I can just stand there against the Moon Lord without moving one single bit and he can't deal enough damage to me. Don't you think you should balance out enemies damage and HP by giving them "levels" too? Something close to what NTerraria and Terraria Leveled RPG do, where areas have levels and monsters scale to be stronger depending on that. Also, farming bosses is a very, very easy way to get levels. I went from 200 to 300 in about 30 mins farming the moon lord/pillars.
pro tip: try this mod together with prefixes for enemies mod and maybe my own mod which i didnt publish yet (it may be a bit too hardcore, buffing enemies with about 60 times stats and for some reason antlion chargers are on speed xD)

pro tip: try this mod together with prefixes for enemies mod and maybe my own mod which i didnt publish yet (it may be a bit too hardcore, buffing enemies with about 60 times stats and for some reason antlion chargers are on speed xD)
I play it with Enemy Mods too. Doesn't change much. What's your mod about? Making the game harder? If yes, I would love to try it out. Also, love your avatar.

I play it with Enemy Mods too. Doesn't change much. What's your mod about? Making the game harder? If yes, I would love to try it out. Also, love your avatar.
my mod is simply based on the prefixes for enemies mod... just adding a few prefixes which work separately (but also might glitch a few things). im hesitating a bit with publishing it on the mod browser, so if its fine with you i could send you a direct dl link

Love this mod, played it from beginning to post moonlord together with the Thorium mod.
here is some feedback.

Melee damage boosts are incredibly high, at moonlord i dealt about 350% dmg, solar eruption slaughtered everything, combine that with the enchanced crits,
and i had a 30% crit chance, and every crit dealt around 4k dmg.

Secondly, the health regen perks should probable give you a set number of extra hp per second instead of a percentage, once i beat the golem, i was invincible, i could not die, lava simply didnt damage me enough, i healed 300+ hp per second, could afk moonlord, killing it with a slime (well tecnically i could, if i had the time)

thirdly, before my health regen got crasy, i could get through most things by spamming health potions, what i suggest is making it so that the healing from health potions is slower, and if you get damaged, you lose all the health that you havent recovered yet (the semi green bar)

thats my current impression of this mod, i ABSOLUTELY love it, especially as it is a Tmod loader mod, making it compatible with all other Tmod Mods.

Thank you for making this!

he replaced some because it was necessary for balancing. he is, like i mentioned in my earlier post, working on a new tree.

dex is increasing attack speed, yes. but it also only affects the melee weapon speed.

@Rockos here's a small list of things that may be of interest
Melee: Damage, attack speed, knockback
Ranged/throwing: Damage, Ammo Consumption, Velocity
Magic: Damage, Mana Usage, (maybe, dunno if possible without excessive tweaking) velocity
General: Health, Movement Speed, Mana, Health Regen, Mana Regen, Dodge (even though i would actually drop this), Resistance (maybe either damage reduction or debuff reduction), Critical Rate and Damage (for all types or selected types, also make the damage bonus additive and not multiplicative... currently its like "Critical damage *= 1.5;" for each critical damage ability right? i'd rather make it "Critical Damage *= 1+(0.5*count1)+(0.25*count2)+(0.1*count3); once. this way you can add different increasements in critical damage. BTW the counts are the amount of abilities of each stage leveled up.)

I'd drop defense, as it wouldnt help all that much if you have like 5000 hp with over 400 hp/s regen. the percentage for the damage reduction doesnt have to be much, maybe 0.5-1%.
As for the Regen, even though it would be more work, you can use flat values, and percentages for the actual regeneration value. having it based on the max hp/mp values is a lot. that way you might be able to have the heartless ability work on both hp and mp regeneration while containing the percentage for only mp regeneration.
the mana usage could probably be linked with the Heartless ability aswell, working as a damage reduction, in place of the actual defense.

i mentioned in the list that i'd rather drop Dodge. The reason would be that you can amass too many dex points, resulting in near 100% dodge chance in the current version. maybe with a lot of tweaking, you can actually balance it out to a max of 50%, or you make it a hard cap. the 50% would already be an effective hp increase of 100%, depending on what you actually dodge.

the energy shield is a nice idea in itself, but cant keep up with hp or heartless mp at all... maybe make it an alternate resource like heartless, for example changing 50% hp/mp to energy shield and reducing the regeneration timer for it by 50%?

seeing as this whole mod increases the power of the player, some balancing could be nice for the monsters aswell. this is just an idea, but how about trying a collaboration with the Prefixes for enemies mod made by @Hiccup251?
you could add stuff, that adds energy shield values or penalties for the player, as effects for the monsters. This is by no means a "you have to do it!".

this is just my piece of the cake.
see if that would suits you. if yes we can actually stay with this one.

if you want some spice until the new skill tree update is released, i can recommend you my own little mod which i balanced around this rough gem here.
its a prefix mod based on hiccups' prefixes for enemies mod, adds a few multiplier prefixes. this balances the whole thing by making the early game a tad harder and the endgame rough (unless you are lucky and dont get any of the hard prefixes on bosses)

see if that would suits you. if yes we can actually stay with this one.

if you want some spice until the new skill tree update is released, i can recommend you my own little mod which i balanced around this rough gem here.
its a prefix mod based on hiccups' prefixes for enemies mod, adds a few multiplier prefixes. this balances the whole thing by making the early game a tad harder and the endgame rough (unless you are lucky and dont get any of the hard prefixes on bosses)

While I work on the tree you can refer your mod to everyone. I don't think I can release the tree in the next few weeks. Wedding in 19 days. But I still work on bugfixing things. I would recommend you release your work and promote it with this mod if you like. It would get more views togheter I think. Since it's tmod for both, everyone can decide on their own to play it or not.

Back
Top Bottom