OOC Role Play - Calamity Adventure OOC

Well, I found something very interesting in my Inbox recently, and I decided to share it with you all.

Stuff found in my mail said:
Ohayo Animus,

Roleplaying is tough. And sometimes players don't separate themselves from their characters. This causes problems.

RPT Patron Richard Grilley asks:

Johnn,

How do you help a game table to distinguish players from characters?

It is great when the brawny footballer can do a high pitch voice with a twist of Scottish accent for his female halfling.

But how can we add flavour, know when a PC is talking etc., when the college grad can't/isn't comfortable talking like a 6 INT with his half-orc barbarian?

Good question, Richard.

We want players to be separate from their characters.

I always notice when GMs mix up these terms.

"Killed one of my players last game."

"I have a half-orc player who attacks everything on sight."

"My gnome rogue is always late for sessions."

We should lead by example and make sure we keep player and character separate.

Run a Session 0
Next, for new campaigns, run a planning session to get folks comfortable with each other before adding the layer of roleplay.

During the planning session, spend time with each player to explore their character.

Start with the character sheet.

Run through the stats. Ask the player to interpret high and low stats.

Then cover character race. Show them the game manual if they get stuck for the race description. Most games offer roleplay suggestions in terms of culture traits, likes, and dislikes.

Then go over abilities and equipment. Highlight just the extraordinary stuff that might cause a player to stumble.

The idea here is to use the character sheet as a map. Allow the player to fill in the blanks with your help.

When you detect uncertainty or discomfort, that's great! You've surfaced this before it becomes a problem during the game.

For these areas, offer ideas and demonstrations. Your goal here is to fill the void with something specific the player can latch onto. A specific idea of behaviour, guidance on parameters, or examples of thinking.

Now is the time to discover if a player feels uncomfortable or lost in playing their half-orc barbarian.

You Are Not Your Character
This is a tough one. When ego and fiction mix, you're going to get toxic emotions and behaviour.

Emphasize with players that they are not their character.

If I tease you about your battleship piece in Monopoly, you are not going to get offended.

But if I tease a player who's meshed ego/identity with character, they're going to take it personally.

Even more treacherous is a player who's living out a fantasy of their character as themselves.

Be direct at this point. Have a chat and see if we have this problem.

An ideal solution is making characters different from players. Different backgrounds, strange new traits, and different personalities.

It's also ideal if you add flaws to the character and reward the player when they play up these flaws. This will help break down ego, which always wants to be right.

If you can work more on character development so player and character become distinctly different, you might prevent the ego and identity meshing problem.

And think about calling out, "You are not your character" when you see a player getting sucked into character identity.

Play to the PCs
During play, run encounters and situations that play up to the characters.

Allow skill checks to resolve things instead of player acting.

For some players, acting is where the fun's at.

For others, though, the game is different and about character decisions.

My style is more of the latter. "If I were this character in this situation, what would I do? What would it feel like? What's the story here?"

Meet players where they are at and facilitate both modes and areas in between.

This is different from catering to player preferences. Keep doing that.

It's more about angling play to character sheets.

Give the dumb half-orc some dumb half-orc NPCs to roleplay with. Show how these half-orcs have great qualities of grace, honour, and quiet strength to serve up examples for the player to explore later.

Accents and acting are fun. They're just the surface of roleplay, though. Encourage players to explore their characters as heroes in a story they are the authors of.

Lay Down Ground Rules
No matter what, players will want to win at some level.

For some, that's about party victories. For others, it's about personal victories.

You cannot control how your players regard life. They'll see themselves as victims, heroes, sacrificers, or unlucky. You cannot control their limiting beliefs. And you cannot control their levels of narcissism.

But you can control the rules of engagement.

For example, I don't allow evil characters. That encourages intra-party conflicts.

I also don't allow PVP. If players want to attack each other's characters, rob a character, or diminish other characters in some way, I intervene.

You might establish from the start how you'll approach these situations when they arise so players know what to expect.

You might pause the game, describe what game issue you're seeing, and explain why you are intervening and blocking a particular action, for example.

Ground rules create safe spaces in which to roleplay. New players and players uncomfortable with their characters who can take risks, even small ones, can learn and evolve.

Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Accents are fun and all, but they aren't the meat of roleplay.

Roleplay comes from facing interesting situations and experiencing how a unique character faces and overcomes that situation.

Offer good details, hooks, and situations for this level of play to occur.

Don't reward players just for gaming up accents or making everyone laugh.

Also consider the deeper game yourself to see characters as different from players and what decisions players make at what costs.

I believe a character's actions are important. I base my milieu on consequences of those actions.

If a player makes a joke about the king, whispers may reach the wrong people....

If a player has their character take a risk, reward that risk over and above the thrill of that roleplay itself. Avoid arbitrary punishment.

If a character takes an action, it reflects on the party as a whole. Reputations, access to resources, and character values are at stake.

I think it's important to help players develop their character's background, traits, and personality so characters feel distinct.

This helps some players from running character sheets as mere extensions of themselves in the game.

It's also important to notice discomfort and struggles to roleplay and help players with examples both in-play and through GM-to-player chats.

Check for table behaviours that might limit players from taking risks and portraying their characters.

And create encounters so the spotlight shines on what makes each character distinct from time to time.

I hope this helps, Richard.

Well, it's an interesting read, so maybe this could help you all in the roleplay. It's just a take it or leave it, so I really don't care if you read it or not. Anyways, with that out of the way, here's a chapter to the book. I'm going to include everything else so people who never read it before can still catch up without constant scrolling.
“I rate that a Funtime Freddy and 2 Minireenas out of 10.” -PJ Heywood, 2018

What is life? What is reality? Is it something we seek? Or is it something we want to get away from?
The thing I don't understand about people is that, despite there being a goal, they obsess over various things. Things that shouldn't even matter. Like an iron door that says restricted on it. It says restricted! Why are you trying to open it? I guess they are just looking for answers. Answers that will never come. They always feel like a piece of their mind is missing, when there is an illusion of something big hidden. And they just got to know if it's real or not. To have a cathartic ending. But no, I won't give you what is behind the door. Throughout this, I have hidden a secret. A secret. That shouldn't matter. So, I leave you. Go, and read the story the way it is intended.

Chapter one: Beginning.
A flash? A light? No, an awakening. Memories seem to be gone, from a child who just awoke. She looked around, only seeing the forest. Instincts said she needed some way to protect herself... but the curiosity of what lies behind all these trees was too tempting. She walked into the forest, seeking an answer.

Walking around yielded a cabin, filled with machinery and scraps of metal, and with a lone being on the porch, enjoying the time on this world. The being takes notice of their new arrival, and addressed her.
"Oh a traveller, I didn't know that people went out this far," spoke the being, clearly shocked that someone would appear out of seemingly nowhere. However, he kept his friendly tone and offer his help like so,"Anyways, you look lost, do you want to take something from here for your journey?"
Appearing friendly enough, the child decided to respond,"Yes, I need a weapon. Any magic weapons?"
Appearing concerned, the being looked at the child and stood up, revealing a short wizard like appearance, with glasses and a tuff of hair sticking out from under their hat. Something seemed wrong about him however, as it seemed as if some colors weren't supposed to be. "Well, I have a flower, and it's able to conduct mana into something like an attack," said the being in a awkward tone, holding out a blue flower.
The child took the flower from the being and said, "Thank you!" only to be interupted by a wail or a scream off in the distance.
Both of them were confused at the noise, but after a short amount of searching, they found a dragon, with a leg wounded.
"Are you okay?" said the child.
"Does it look like I'm fine?" replied the dragon, clearly annoyed.
The child cringes at the question, but the traces of it immediately fades away. "Don't worry, I'll bring you to the house here!"
The child attempts to lift the dragon, only for the attempt to prove fruitless.
"I can still walk, you know," said the dragon, standing up, partly wincing in pain upon standing on the wounded leg.
The child nodded and decided to introduce herself,"My name is Alpha, what are your names?"
The dragon simply spoke a swift response,"Lavin."
The being decided to introduce himself as well,"My name is Teridax, nice to meet you."
After introducing themselves, something shocking happened. The winds starts grow in speed, as if a tornado was nearby. This continues until loud, booming thunder is heard, as loud as an explosion, almost instantly ceasing the powerful wind. A bright blue light is seen for a few moments coming from the source of the loud noise.
"What was that?" asked Lavin.
Alpha quickly blurted out a response,"It almost looks like something is going to invade. We better get inside!"
"Which direction is it anyway?" replied Lavin, coughing out some blood in the process.
Alpha's expression quickly became distresed at the sight, "It's not too far from here! Can you walk? We can carry you if you are too weak."
Lavin attempts to walk, but the pain of doing so caused Lavin to fall down. "Probably the best," said the dragon.
A piercing scream is heard, of a monstrous creature that flew over the area, searching for the cause of the blue light.
Alpha sees the creature and panickly yelled, "What the heck is that? Come on Teridax, help me with moving Lavin!"
A twist of fate happens, and a figure appears, however by keeping their presence hidden with the cover of foliage, everyone else was oblivious to their presence. While at the same time, a dryad looks up from a sketchbook, clearly sensing the danger that has approached. The Dryad immediately ran to the group of three that she sensed in danger.
Teridax attempts to use a healing magic spell on Lavin, in fear of her status becoming deceased, finding out that Lavin is still alive. The dryad arrives at a simular time, erecting a magical barrier and giving Lavin a fruit, despite Lavin's becoming unconscious due to her pain.
Alpha, clearly worried about Lavin, builds a shelter around her, in order to protect Lavin, and then covered Lavin in a blanket, trying to comfort Lavin. When the shelter was completed, the person who was concealing themselves in foliage revealed themselves by entering the makeshift shelter.
"Um, hi? Do you need something?" said Alpha, upon seeing the figure. The figure pulled their hood back to reveal a child with brown hair and replied, "Could I help?" while Teridax returned from picking some plants in order to obtain some healing herbs for Lavin. Alpha accepted the child's help while Teridax used the herbs in an attempt to heal Lavin. The brown haired child poured a regeneration potion along with a Honeyfin into Lavin's mouth all while introducing herself, "My name is Lune, by the way." with Alpha introducing herself a moment later, "My name is Alpha. I hope we can be friends!"
"Yes, me too," replied Lune, "Anyways, just let the potions do its thing. It will help Lavin, in time."
The monstrous and ferocious creature that was seeking the source of the blue light loomed over the shelter, believing it was the where the source came from. Preparing an attack, it charged a ball of a green colored energy, not the lush green of the jungle, but of a sick, withered, decayed leaf. With its attack, it was about to fling it towards the shelter, only to be hit by a speeding purple ball, breaking the creature's concentration of the attack, and sending it far away temporarily. The purple ball landed on the ground, and uncurled, revealing a purple colored hedgehog, donning a black scarf along with red shoes and gloves. They spoke in a male voice, "Are you okay?"
"Are you?" Lune shot back.
The hedgehog noticed Lavin, pointed at Lavin and said,"Are they okay? I think I can help them!"
Lune, tired, walked to a corner of the shelter and buried her head in her hood, as she lacked sleep for days. Teridax was skeptical of the hedgehog's help, and questioned him,"How can you help them?" to which the hedgehog replied,"I've fixed up a dragon before, trust me. But does any of you know healing magic?" in which Teridax replied,"I am able to conjure some healing magic."
Alpha, tired like Lune, spoke to her, "I am feeling a bit tired as well. This day has been very eventful." However, upon hearing the hedgehog talk about healing magic, Lune answered,"I can also make healing magic, as I'm a mage all my life." The hedgehog took out a fruit that seemed to be brimming with juice."Right after the fruit is crushed in its mouth, I need you two to focus your healing on both its forehead and his wings. Got it?" commanded the hedgehog. Both Teridax and Lune got ready to focus their healing magic, and upon Wither placing the fruit into Lavin's mouth and yelled out "NOW!"... So much happened so fast.

Chapter 2: Chaos
Alpha collapsed while saying "I don't feel so good", causing her head to hit the ground and blood began to seep out of her head. At the same time, Lune and Teridax used their healing powers on Lavin, healing her. The hedgehog saw this and shouted,"What?!" Lavin woke a few moments after and said, "What happened to her?" Panicking, Wither told Teridax to heal Alpha's wound which was seeping out blood.
"Anyone mind explaining what happened?" said Lavin. "This person just fell, hit their head, fell unconscious, and started bleeding. We just did something that could heal them, but we're just waiting to see if it works," explained the hedgehog. After he said that, Alpha's breathing regulates after the healing, resulting in Alpha simply peacefully sleeping, with some shivering because of the cold floor."Phew! That was close! Importance of healers, folks!" said the hedgehog. The dryad walked up to Lavin after seeing her healed, and said,"How are you feeling, friend?" in which Lavin responded, "Hurts, but it's not bad. And who are you?" only for her question to be ignored. Lavin receives a jolt of pain, causing her to fall down.
The hedgehog whispers to himself and then says,"Hey, dragon. Can you tell me where you're in pain at?" even though Lavin was in too much pain to even speak. Around this time, Alpha wakes up from her cold slumber only to see Lavin collapsed on the ground in pain. She yells, "OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OK?!" Upon getting no response, Alpha runs to a corner and begins to bawl uncontrollably, "I'm SCARED!" In order to calm down, Alpha fidgets with her blue flower that she got. The hedgehog decided to have Teridax watch over the others and to share something with everyone else. He held up a gem of some sort that pulses a bizzare aura, as if it was enlightening everyone with some sort of hidden knowledge. Alpha eventually falls asleep in her corner however. This moment was shortlived, as the creature returned and screamed loudly, awakening Alpha and causing her to drop the flower and shatter it. Lune attacked the large creature, somehow realizing its name is the Necro Flyer, but how? Maybe the gem had something to do with it... Despite her attacks, the Necro Flyer kept flying, unfazed by the attacks and screeches loudly in annoyance. Lune swapped her weapons to a crystal, blasting a beam of energy at the Necro Flyer, only causing it to flinch at the very least. The hedgehog, no, Wither Dracos, threw a wand to Alpha's feet. "Here! It's a weapon for you!" he said. Alpha took the Wand of Sparking and fired sparks of flames at the Necro Flyer while Wither Dracos fired arrows from a bow he has. Their combined attempt caused the Necro Flyer to pause long enough for Wither to realize,"The foliage! If we can break the foliage on its chest, it won't stand much of a chance anymore!" Getting annoyed, the Necro Flyer then chooses a target: Wither. It begins to chase Wither while Alpha retrieves a Rod of Discord... from somewhere. "Wait, how did she get a Rod of Discord?" said Teridax, but no one listened. Lune gave Alpha some potions,"You need to tend to Lavin. I can't go with you right now." Alpha acknowledged Lune's unwillingness to leave the battlefield and Alpha used the Rod of Discord to teleport her and Lavin away to an unknown area in the forest. Oh, an eventful day it is, thought Teridax, if only he knew what was coming next...

Chapter 3: Arrival and Aggravation
At the back of a nearby mountain, hidden from view, a strange and mysterious wormhole appears, all at the same time a burst of shadowflames brought a being into the world with two other beings appearing out of seemingly nowhere. The first being looked like a female with demonic wings and simply asked,"What's going on and can I help?" while one of the other two beings said, "My name is Mezmera." Lune replied only to the shadowflame being, saying,"Yes, we really do need help. Desperately. Especially against this Necro Flyer." The sudden explosion cause both Wither and the Necro Flyer to look at it in confusion. However, the Necro Flyer recovered from the confusion almost immediately an fired an energy ball at Wither, hitting him straight on, and then the Necro Flyer flew straight for the new faces. The battle continued, blasts and arrows flying everywhere, entities appearing out of nowhere and disappearing, and people taking turns with healing Lavin while the fight raged on. A loud noise erupted from the location of the mysterious wormhole, but the wormhole disappeared. The Necro Flyer continued to fight the best it could. However, the pure onslaught of attacks, randomness, and whatnot started to panic something. The Necro Flyer screeched. And shattered into fragments that was dissolved into black gas a moment later. A portal appeared in the center of the chaotic dark gas. When Wither held his hand to touch the portal, only for a seemingly robotic voice to be heard,"One out of four champion detected," though you could hear another word when 'champion' was said, sounding like 'inter' but it was cut off by the voice saying the rest of the word 'champion'. A moment of uneasy silence filled the surrounding area. As if all time has stopped. As if no one knew what to do. Lune broke the silence by collapsing in exhaustion. The Dryad ran to Lune and asked,"Are you alright? Let me help," all while casting a wave of rejuvenating energy over her. Lune pointed to Lavin,"I'm fine. Just worry about Lavin. She's more hurt than me." Lavin groaned, "I'm... scared... What's happening?" The dryad came to Lavin and tried to comfort her by saying,""Everything will be alright, dear friend. I'll do everything in my power to heal you to full health again," while repeating her healing energy once again. Wither looked around, "What is this portal? It needs other people to activate it? Um... Well I guess we should see what happens when it is complete, right?" as his curiosity grew about the portal. The shadowflame being attacks the portal, only for it to do nothing, and the other being that appear with Mezmera simply observing what is happening. Wither came to Teridax and told him to put his hand on the portal, so Teridax placed his hand on the portal as well, being the second person to do so. The Dryad, seeing what is happening, touched the portal as well, being the third who touches it as curiosity seemed to be tempting her at the moment. After touching the portal, the Dryad decided to have Lavin touch the portal as well, but carrying her and having her arm touch it, being the fourth and final touch.

Nearby where the wormhole was, the cause of the loud noise near there was a man with a blue vest, light blue shirt and pants, and blue hair who starts to wake up at this point. "Uhhh... w- what happened?" he said, while no one was there. He got up, and as he saw, he was in a world that he knew nothing about. Sure, he could have seen something like this, but never the same. He decided to venture in some random direction.

Meanwhile, the portal activated shortly after the final touch of Lavin. "Four out of four detected. Please wait..." A moment of silence engulfed the area, what could this odd portal hold? "Welcome, prophetic protectors of this world. Though you may change, there will always be more for you. The evils of this world have been stopped, for now. But, for now, enjoy your prize. Vault opened." A burst of energy flew to the four who touched the portal, rewarding Wither a Deaththorn Bow and an Infodex, the Dryad Fyregem with Plague Wand, also in the process revealing her name, Teridax a Healer's Manual, and finally Lavin with a Life Amulet. The portal closes afterwards."I shall wield this Wand honorably," said Fyregem, while tracing the wand's intricate design with her finger. "At least I can treat more serious wounds, but I prefer a kanoka disk," commented Teridax about the Manual. Lavin simply had difficulty putting the Amulet on, but Lune decided to help her with the Amulet.

The person in blue walked around. "Wait a minute... WHERE DID MY ITEMS GO!?" he realized, so in attempt to find it, he starts looking around for items that were his, but to almost no avail. "Shoot... I hope my sword didn't break at lea..." but fate didn't smile upon him, as his blade was broken, only leaving the hilt of the blade, known as Light's Bane, intact. "NO! IT BROKE! *Sigh* At this rate, I'm never going to get back to the others." He notices five gold coins on the ground, probably from the battle against the Necro Flyer, it must have disturbed a stash of the coins, but without this knowledge, he simply remarked, "Where did these come from?" The amount of noise he was making about his sword attracted Lune to investigate, asking when she saw him,"Hey! You need some help?" Back at the area where the Necro Flyer was destroyed, Wither got everyone to help make a base. Reusing materials from the shelter, the cabin, and even more, they got to work. But one question arose in Wither's mind... "Where's Alpha?!"

Chapter 4: A to Z.
Alpha was indeed missing. She had disappear for some unknown reason, and as everyone else was busy working on the creation of the base, no one noticed her leaving. Lune heard Wither's question, and she was shocked that Alpha went missing. Now, she had a choice to make. Either find out more about the man in blue, or to find Alpha.

She chose to find Alpha. The man in blue immediately called out to Lune after seeing her leave, "Wait up! I need help!" chasing her in the process. Checking anywhere she could Lune looked and looked while the base became bigger, larger as Wither and Fyregem kept building, using wood for the walls and support. After a few hours, Lune found Alpha, in solitude on a mountain cliff after following something that looked like a trail up the mountain, chilled by the high altitude of the mountain. "Alpha! I thought I lost you! You know how hard it is to find you? I was panicking and I was mainly going everywhere... and... Alpha, please come back down with me." Alpha stared at Lune, in a cold-hearted rage, and after taking a big breath, yelled "NOOOOO!!!" and unleashed an energy blast, almost knocking Lune off the mountain. Alpha's body began to glow ominously. As if there was something very wrong. As if one single emotion overtook her. "Wait!" Lune cried out, attempting to regain her balance,"I just want to talk!" Alpha simply rejected her plead by saying, "I don't want to!" and followed up her words by ramming into her. The man in blue at this point, was simply in an awkward state, as he simply followed Lune up here. "What is happening here?" said the man in blue. Lune tried to plead again, "Just... Please. Tell me what is bothering you... I can help." Upon hearing the man in blue's words, asked, "Who are you, a-and... why are you following me?" The man in blue replied,"My name is Murphmario, and would you two-!" Alpha began to glow very brightly, a light so blinding that you would have to make sure your eyes were close very tightly or else risk going blind permanently. Lune responded to the blinding light by using a sonic blast, loud enough to cause a large pain in her own eardrums. Lune fell back, weakened by the blast. Closing her eyes tightly and wanting the madness to end.

The base was finished. "Looking good! How is everyone doing?" asked Wither, to which Fyregem responded, "I'd say we did a fantastic job with this! Shall I prepare supper?" To which Wither gave a thumbs up to show he agreed. Lavin was resting, Teridax probably was reading the books he has read over and over from his cabin, while the shadowflame being and Mezmera were getting their room to their liking. At this point, both Murphmario and Lune came to the base, without Alpha, proving that they failed in convincing Alpha to return. Lune went to Lavin's room, and decide to give Lavin more medical care, then went outside. It was night. A clear, pure, beautiful night, filled with stars, nebulas, and even had a full moon. Lune stared at the endless sky and the shadowflame being came up to watch the sky as well, and Teridax walked onto the porch to enjoy the sky. It was comforting. A darkness that was calm and serene, as darkness is that which draws out the greatest potential, as the darkness represented a blank slate to write on, a world to shape, the imagination of anyone really, but for some, infinity can be a terrifying abyss. Maybe that's why people fear the darkness. Maybe. As the night grows old, everyone gathered in the base, only missing Alpha, to share a supper together. Happiness, joy, all were at the supper. But of course, the uneasy feeling of someone not being here devoured some people for the inside out, like Lune. After the supper was finished, everyone began to do their own thing. Wither checked the Infodex he had obtained from the portal, Teridax went back to look up to the stars and speaking to himself about what could have been, and Lavin went back to her room to rest. Murphmario searched for a pickaxe, only to be given a tin pickaxe by Wither. All was well. Ah yes, all was well, here that is, for something terrible has happened.

Chapter 5: Wounded and infected
Alpha laid in the middle of a flat area in the woods. She must have gotten down the mountain to search for the base, but she collapsed, and is bleeding out, as her eardrums were damaged by Lune's sonic blast, and her head was damaged by falling onto the ground. This was a calamity, as no one was here to help. She would die alone, with no one here to know. But, as luck would have it, Murphmario wanted to go mining, so with tin pickaxe in hand, he trips over Alpha in the woods, only adding to her injuries. Getting up, Murphmario saw the sight and said, "Wait... isn't that the girl that I saw earlier... Wait, is this my blood? Or is it... Oh my goodness! She's... bleeding! Is she alive?" Checking for a pulse, Murphmario finds it, only for it to be somewhat faint. "Oh no, what can I do, what can I do?! Wait, I can find some healing potions in chests in the caves, but I can't leave her here! She'd get killed by the wilderness if she was left alone. I'm sorry, this might result in you losing more blood, but I can't leave you here." Murphmario picked up Alpha, and searched for a cave. Upon finding one, Murphmario laid Alpha on the ground to get a potion. He found an unlit torch on the ground. However, Alpha began to awake, and accidentally fell and rolled down the cave, knocking Murphmario over, stopping when there was a rock in the way. "Oww..." Alpha groaned. "Are you okay?" Murph worriedly called out, to which Alpha's response was "No... OWWWWWW!" Murphmario panics at the scream, and in doing so frantically runs around to find a chest, presumably left behind from a civilization long ago. He didn't find any potions, but he aquired other loot like climbing claws and rope. Alpha got up, but she seems to be in some sort of perpetual rage. "I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!" she yelled, so loud that many parts of the cave collapsed and the inhabitants heard it as well. Almost everyone in the base went outside, to see the sun rising. Lune, the shadowflame being, Mezmera, and the being that appeared with them ran towards the sound. When they got there, they saw Alpha, brightly glowing with flames and energy, as if some inner power was unleashed and threaten to consume the whole world in a rage of pain and suffering. "Stop it! Go away!" Lune was confused, the two statements didn't make sense. Alpha said she wanted to destroy everything, so why not have everything come to here when it would be easier to destroy it, but instead she says get away? Could it be that her friendship is preventing her from wanting to hurt others? Lune didn't know, and she yelled the first thing that came to mind after this, "What is going on?!" Murphmario yelled, "Calm down! Please!" And like magic, Alpha stops her rage, and falls down. It would seem that she had exhausted herself in using all her power. Getting Alpha back to the base, they began treatment on Alpha so she can recover her health. After some time, Alpha awakens. "W-what happened?" She noticed that Teridax was taking care of her at this time, and he responded to her question,"Long story, I'll tell you later, but right now, you are severely hurt." Alpha, disregarding that fact, tried to get up while saying,"I... want to see... Lavin."
Teridax replied,"But you're not okay!"
"But... Can you carry me at least? I might not be able to walk but, please?"
"Fine."
Teridax carried Alpha to Lavin's room. On the way, Murphmario bumps into them and says "I got a health potion for her. Here. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some mining to do," to which Murphmario walked to a cave just to mine. Alpha drank the potion and stood up."Okay, let's see Lavin." While both of them visited Lavin, Wither had some other things to do, he was exploring the entire world, trying to find more and more knowledge about what this world was. But then, he felt a pain in his chest. "I...ugh....something's wrong...." He ran as fast as possible back to the base, only to collapse when he got there. He was immobilized by a strange illness, a plague. He coughed, and from it was dark green spores, the same shade of green as the Necro Flyer. A deep purple being gazed at the sight, appearing here, as he discovered this world. He saw this and took pity on Wither, by emitting a cleansing light onto Wither, purifying him of the infectious plague inside of him. The being in purple appeared and said, "Heya, I guess you were dead worried there, pal." But no one laughed. "Hmph, I saved that hedgehog, but this world seems empty! No birds, no slimes, no bunnies, just that deep poisoned air that lingers around," the man in purple said, completely oblivious to the world beyond the trees. He returned his focus on Wither and said, "Hey you. What happened to this world?" He got no answer, as Wither couldn't answer him, for he fell onto the ground, as the bright light also had caused him to become exhausted. "Crud, now I am alone and these weird things are starting to get nasty," said the man in purple as he pulled out a device. Using it, he detected the base and he teleported both himself and Wither to it using his powers. As a cruel twist of fate, this was the exact time Murphmario returned home, now with a Magic Mirror imbued with the power to teleport him back home. This coincidence cause Murphmario to be crushed by both the weight of Wither and the man in purple. Murphmario groaned,"Ugh...why...? Get ...off!" Murphmario got up and saw the man in purple, and asked, "Who are you, and why are you in this house?!" The man in purple raged at the artifact, "The heck?! This artifact have never betrayed me!" His focus then came to Murphmario, and he said, "Anyways, sorry for that, who are you?" He immediately realizes what Murphmario said, "Heh, I guess I go first, my name is . . . well, I don't like saying my true name, but you can call me Artheus, the great Arcanum wielder," which shown by his confidence could show him to have a large ego. Meanwhile, Wither groaned from falling on Murphmario, "Wha-what? Ugh, what's going on? Why is everything so dark? Ugh...." At this point, two other people have already gather here, so they felt it would be right to introduce themselves immediately.
"My name is Murphmario, Nice to meet you."
"Lavin."
"I'm Teridax, nice to meet you."
Artheus then gave Wither a drink of a potion. Wither then screamed in shock, "AGH! What in the...! Gosh darn it! Anyways, hi, Artheus," proving that Wither was aware of the conversation. "More people, why are you still alive if the plague is roaming the...? I don't think I am ok, let me," Artheus starts vomiting black spores and he falls onto the ground, "Crap, search in my backpack for a green stone in a box, its called Bezoar, and make me eat it." Murphmario does what he says and force feeds Artheus the Bozoar. Artheus awakens, "I am better now, it tastes like a real good mixture between crap and more crap. About that, I came from. . . a distant land, and there, the Plague is ravaging, it seems to be everywhere and we must stop it. You might as well ask why I carry all these things, and well, in... the place I come from, the Plague is advanced, and it creates very powerful monsters that constantly attack us in bloodlust. I have researched it, and it seems to be because of an old god that has died, and its blood mixtured with the things, and now the spores are here. I have tried countless times to defeat that god, and its useless, but in this timelin... I mean, this time, it might as well work." Murphmario responded to the very long explanation by saying, "Well I've fought my share of infectious evils before, so I'm all for fighting against this one."
Lune walked out of Lavin's room, which also had Alpha in there, noticed Artheus, and said, "Who are you?" in which Artheus responds with, "I am Artheus The Great Arcanum Mage!" Teridax hears this and says,"Wait, didn't you say wielder before-" which Artheus interrupts with a "SHUT UP".
"Fighting an otherworldly plague, battling giant infected birds, and taking down a corrupted leader?" questioned Wither, while being completely sarcastic, "Not only is that an important thing to do, it sounds like fun! Who's coming?" Both Murphmario and Lune agreed to the sarcastic question. Artheus immediately freaks out by saying, "WAIT, NO, DON'T GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!"

*Cliffhanger. Even though you can see it for yourself when you look at the beginning of the roleplay.*
I added one chapter because I'm kinda forkbombed at the moment. It's longer than usual though.

Hmm. Wonder why you got that.

Also I may or may not just make the thing a forum game. Possibly depending on whether or not Halt does another thing. Hey, it's not the first time I took ideas from someone the first time I saw it (that would be my old RP, Earth of Disorder. Doubt I'm relaunching that anytime soon.)

And still waiting on Bubby.

(For the first, probably my time looking at other roleplay forums.)
Also:
Bubby Aurora was last seen:
Today at 3:54 PM
...So... How long is this going to be? I mean you can still shake off the feeling, like many. Unless it is like the Eye of Cthulhu in which it is staring at you in the face. So... I mean you could do other things, right? Or maybe not. Eh, your choice.

Well she did say recently that she was busy playing Wii games. Not to mention things are always less active on sundays, so maybe she got caught up in Church or whatever.

upload_2019-7-15_22-35-36.png

I just hope she's able to post soon, since she started an event that can't be continued without her.

Also would like more people than just me and Halt to reply to the Underworld.

...And we're back to waiting for Bubby. Great.

Been thinking about making another RP, but given the fact we have all these RPs coming out quite recently, especially the Underworld, I think I might either get no one in the RP and make it a waste of time, or accidentally kill one of them if I decided to make it so... Welp. Not doing it.

Well, hopefully Bubby gets back, because her last seen is 5:39, which worries me a bit.

If she doesn't, it's probably her terrible phone. Seriously, she should try and convince her parents for the computer already. Without it, she's missing out on more than just better software.

Ipad. But anyways, I agree with you that she should try to get a computer. Or in someway allow people to leave and join events, like an emergency exit. But, that varies from person to person.

Plus, trying to get back on Discord only for my internet to start taking timed craps. So, uh, going to try to join back into discord, if it would stop disconnecting me every time my VPN gets a timeout. Let's see how far I'll get into this before it decides to spit me back out and I can't take it anymore.

I already can't tell what is happening.

Last edited:
And I think she's having problems again. Great.

And a solution for your problems: either use a different VPN or don't use one at all for Discord.

Unfortunately, it's specifically CA that's causing me problems. Whenever i attempt to post, my browser crashes. For now, the event is cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom