tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

Ah. We hadn't gotten the Pandolar yet in this world.
It's still a ridiculous recipe, though, so the sheer amount of leather needed should be greatly reduced. That way it's at least sensibly farmable before getting the Pandolar.
"Aherm" or not, that currrent workaround feels like exactly that: A poor workaround to justify an unnecessarily difficult recipe. (One which also throws out the balance of numerous other mods that use Leather's rarity in a reasonable manner to make some recipes harder. Two copper per piece isn't much.)

Ah. We hadn't gotten the Pandolar yet in this world.
It's still a ridiculous recipe, though, so the sheer amount of leather needed should be greatly reduced. That way it's at least sensibly farmable before getting the Pandolar.
"Aherm" or not, that currrent workaround feels like exactly that: A poor workaround to justify an unnecessarily difficult recipe. (One which also throws out the balance of numerous other mods that use Leather's rarity in a reasonable manner to make some recipes harder. Two copper per piece isn't much.)
it's actually 50 per copper, I fixed that.
on another note: balancing with other mods is hard af, and will never work 100%, I am trying my best but as you can see with Thorium, that mod throws balance out of the window

I would view it more as "this weak throwing class armor that requires so much is relatively useless by the time yo can even get the NPC that sells the leather required"
That's just me though, and after playing with the armor made from The Decree fur... Yeah.... *kinda* under powered significantly compared to what you need to do before you can get the Pandolar. Because the Frosthunter set has higher armor alone, not including the damage ups in the biome or the permanent frost burn chance while wearing it.
If it were easier to get leather prior to doing The Decree in order to get the Pandolar, this would be a different opinion entirely. But as is the armor set is relatively useless for when you can actually get it.

I would view it more as "this weak throwing class armor that requires so much is relatively useless by the time yo can even get the NPC that sells the leather required"
That's just me though, and after playing with the armor made from The Decree fur... Yeah.... *kinda* under powered significantly compared to what you need to do before you can get the Pandolar. Because the Frosthunter set has higher armor alone, not including the damage ups in the biome or the permanent frost burn chance while wearing it.
If it were easier to get leather prior to doing The Decree in order to get the Pandolar, this would be a different opinion entirely. But as is the armor set is relatively useless for when you can actually get it.
So, Prairie Armor... I take it nobody actually checked this before coming up with the recipe? 24 Leather for the full set...
Leather is:
A) Crafted using 5 Rotten Chunks per piece, making it LUDICROUSLY expensive to make 24. That's 120 Rotten Chunks for a pre-Skeletron range/throwing set.
B) Completely unavailable in Crimson worlds. There is no Crimson alt recipe for Leather without other mods.

This armor set really really needs its recipe changed otherwise there's no way anyone will grind for it.
You think Prairie was hard to get? Please...

This is how getting Asthraltite Plating gear were (maybe still are, havn't played the new update) in the mod. Getting what you wanted from the challenger let alone the armor set took so much grinding it wasn't even really worth it.
And for whatever reason, fargo didn't add the challenge medal to his mod (something I KNOW alot of people wanted!), so even getting the summon item was a grind.

Dan's had a history of making overly grindly armor sets in Sacred Tools, I don't expect that to change in SoB.

You think Prairie was hard to get? Please...

This is how getting Asthraltite Plating gear were (maybe still are, havn't played the new update) in the mod. Getting what you wanted from the challenger let alone the armor set took so much grinding it wasn't even really worth it.
And for whatever reason, fargo didn't add the challenge medal to his mod (something I KNOW alot of people wanted!), so even getting the summon item was a grind.

Dan's had a history of making overly grindly armor sets in Sacred Tools, I don't expect that to change in SoB.
what do people not understand with "Erazor replaces Noiseboi"
all the items stay, it's just the NPC and Boss that changed, which is WAY better now.
Also I specifically asked Fargo not to add it because that would make eroded enemies pointless.

what do people not understand with "Erazor replaces Noiseboi"
all the items stay, it's just the NPC and Boss that changed, which is WAY better now.
I think the concept of "stating an example" went straight over your head.
Yes, I know 'self-insert' is gone, I was just stating how much of a grind it still was to compare it to the current arguement of Prairie Armor (you know, 'an example')

Also I specifically asked Fargo not to add it because that would make eroded enemies pointless.
Well that explains alot, should have figured. Oh well.

Is anyone else having a problem with this update not working with other mods? I mean, it (sometimes) loads up along with the other mods just fine, but then when
i try to load up my world, it tells me the load fails, and there's no backup it'll let me use, either. Then it force-closes and sometimes gives me an Out Of Memory exception error log.

Other times, TrueEater/Nightmares Unleashed and/or The Enigma Mod end up being disabled, and then a crash tends to happen...

Is anyone else having a problem with this update not working with other mods? I mean, it (sometimes) loads up along with the other mods just fine, but then when
i try to load up my world, it tells me the load fails, and there's no backup it'll let me use, either. Then it force-closes and sometimes gives me an Out Of Memory exception error log.

Other times, TrueEater/Nightmares Unleashed and/or The Enigma Mod end up being disabled, and then a crash tends to happen...
The out of memory error suggests you simply have too many large mods. It's possible the update just pushed you over the threshold where your game can't handle the amount of memory needed anymore, as Terraria is 32 bit and sadly that limits it to 4GB max RAM useage.

The out of memory error suggests you simply have too many large mods. It's possible the update just pushed you over the threshold where your game can't handle the amount of memory needed anymore, as Terraria is 32 bit and sadly that limits it to 4GB max RAM useage.
\

Or if you have a 64 bit computer download and install terraria 64 bit.

Bug report: On a dedicated server, upon spawning Aranea, after Hardmode has begun, even by breaking the egg in the biome, and remaining in the biome, Aranea nearly instantly fades away then despawns, no matter what we do.

Bug report: On a dedicated server, upon spawning Aranea, after Hardmode has begun, even by breaking the egg in the biome, and remaining in the biome, Aranea nearly instantly fades away then despawns, no matter what we do.
Already noted in the #known-bugs section of the discord

Also she's called Araneas

Back
Top Bottom