tAPI Shockah's tweak mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I got a bug report for you (except the crash log, the reason being the game closes so fast I can't even copy/screenshot it).I have the following mods installed;
ShochahBase r3
Accessory Slots+ r1
Enchanced Tooltip r2
Inventory Tweaks r2
Item Suffixes r3
ThoriumMod+ (version unknown)

and from what I quickly can see is that your item suffixes is crashing the game (and removing the character) after exit/save. I'll try to get a screenshot if possible.
EDIT: It's rare that it does this from what I can experience and only if I've played long enough :/
EDIT 2: Here is the image I promised (sorry for some distracting elements)
665b6fdf78.jpg

Last edited:
Da Random, thank you for posting that. It always closes the game so fast that I haven't been able to catch the error, but I was having the same problem.

So, I got a bug report for you (except the crash log, the reason being the game closes so fast I can't even copy/screenshot it).I have the following mods installed;
ShochahBase r3
Accessory Slots+ r1
Enchanced Tooltip r2
Inventory Tweaks r2
Item Suffixes r3

and from what I quickly can see is that your item suffixes is crashing the game (and removing the character) after exit/save. I'll try to get a screenshot if possible.
EDIT: It's rare that it does this from what I can experience and only if I've played long enough :/
665b6fdf78.jpg

I have basically the same mods installed. Did it crash when trying to click on an item? if so, disable inventory tweaks.

Da Random, thank you for posting that. It always closes the game so fast that I haven't been able to catch the error, but I was having the same problem.
Ye, You're welcome :)
EDIT:
I have basically the same mods installed. Did it crash when trying to click on an item? if so, disable inventory tweaks.
It did not, as said. Only when playing for a while and trying to exit/save.

ShochahBase r3
Accessory Slots+ r1
Enchanced Tooltip r2
Inventory Tweaks r2
Item Suffixes r3

665b6fdf78.jpg
Come on, you could have just clicked the message box to copy the error log...

update to r14a pls.
Hello? It's all compatible? We don't do Minecraft here where you had to update for each single release

EDIT: Also I should probably say it now before I get more duplicate reports - I'm NOT RELEASING ANY UPDATES until we're done with tAPI r15.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMItems.RunFilters()
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMItems.Refresh(System.Boolean resetScroll)
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMItems.Draw(TAPI.InterfaceLayer layer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.<.cctor>b__1e(TAPI.InterfaceLayer layer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer+Action.OnDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

i get this, i tryed to re-install the mod it doesnt work..

the thing is when i log in and try to search anything it crashes.. like when i click the search bar.

@Shockah you did not see my post :eek:

Hmmm. if your not updating till r15, does that mean we can expect some new feature in tapi that either
a. cause your mods to break somehow
b. allows you more creative freedom to make something special
?

@Shockah you did not see my post :eek:
There were so many reports that I couldn't really care anymore, especially because the stack trace here is meaningless. I'll have to write a proper "how to help a modder debug a crash" tutorial when we release tAPI r15.

Hmmm. if your not updating till r15, does that mean we can expect some new feature in tapi that either
a. cause your mods to break somehow
b. allows you more creative freedom to make something special
?
Break? No. But I'm rewriting Shockah.Base and trying to ditch using APIModBase and I just added some feature in tAPI making it a little easier for me.

Imo clicking the message box is faster than pressing Print Screen, unless it crashes the first tick after opening the crash page.
Still, Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Logs exists for a reason.

Imo clicking the message box is faster than pressing Print Screen, unless it crashes the first tick after opening the crash page.
Still, Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Logs exists for a reason.
Oh, did not know that was there. Must've been me not noticing it. Anyway I'll give you the file.

Attachments

• 2014-12-17.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 458
Bug report:
I was hosting a dedicated tAPI server running the github builds of: ShockahBase, Accessory Slots+, and Insight (and a few others but I don't believe they are the problem), and found that nothing was showing by Insight for any chests (opened before or not opened yet). Opening one chest actually made me crash (it actually had all vanilla items in it and was a wooden chest, which is why I don't think the other mods are the cause).

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TAPI.BinBufferByte.ReadByte()
at TAPI.BinBuffer.ReadBytes(System.Int32 count)
at TAPI.BinBuffer.ReadString()
at Terraria.Item.ReadCustomData(TAPI.BinBuffer bb, System.Boolean byName = True)
at Terraria.Item.Read(TAPI.BinBuffer bb, System.Boolean byName = True)
at Terraria.MessageBuffer.GetData(System.Int32 start, System.Int32 length)
at Terraria.NetMessage.CheckBytes(System.Int32 i = 256)
at Terraria.Netplay.ClientLoop(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Insight was causing me to crash too, (And actually was corrupting my worlds). It would literally close a frame or 2 after it crashed, so I couldn't get a log. And besides, I got it fixed.

I tried removing the insight mod, and actually still crashed with the same thing in the log. I'm going to do some further testing to see if it actually is one of your mods or not. I'll post again with the results.

I found that even after removing all the mods I had, I still got that error and crashed to desktop. I suppose I'll head over to the tAPI main thread and post that log instead.

I found that even after removing all the mods I had, I still got that error and crashed to desktop. I suppose I'll head over to the tAPI main thread and post that log instead.
I'm randomly getting that crash now too. Removed all my mods and am still getting it. Doesn't make sense why it just now started though.

I looked it over and not sure what it means?
I have been getting this weird crash so much lately.

Attachments

• 2014-12-21.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 205
Here's a bug report. It happens every time I click the "Suffix"
System.ArgumentException: Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. x: '', x's type: 'Prefix', IComparer: 'Shockah.FCM.Sorter`1[Terraria.Prefix]'.
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort( keys, System.Int32 index, System.Int32 length, comparer)
at System.Array.Sort( array, System.Int32 index, System.Int32 length, comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(System.Int32 index, System.Int32 count, comparer)
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.RunFilters()
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.Refresh(System.Boolean resetScroll)
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.OnOpen()
at TAPI.Interface.Open(TAPI.InterfaceAnchor anchor = )
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MBase.<OnAllModsLoaded>b__6()
at Shockah.FCM.LittleButton.Draw(Shockah.Base.SFrame frame, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 pos)
at Shockah.FCM.FrameFCMButtons.OnRender(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Shockah.Base.SFrame.Render(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Shockah.Base.SFrame.RenderAll(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Shockah.Base.ILFrames.OnDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom