tModLoader Shop Expander

DRKV

Wall of Flesh
Shop Expander

LAwMU7W.png

Shop expander aims to solve a problem encountered by many players using multiple large mods. Town NPCs have a limited amount of free shop inventory space. When multiple different mods add items to a single vanilla NPC's shop, it can overflow, causing any additional items to not show up. The issue is further compounded by the fact that some items might be added to the same shop by multiple different mods, resulting in wasted slots.

This mod solves the problem, by modifying tModLoader's shop setup process. It provides each mod with a new empty inventory to put items in, then combines the inventories. This new Expanded shop is then divided into pages for displaying.

Left clicking on the page selection arrows advances one page, right clicking will skip to the first/last page. The shop still functions as normal, but now you have a lot more space. As a bonus, you also get a full 28 slot empty page for the buyback buffer. This only shows up once you actually sell something by placing it into an empty slot in the shop, or shift clicking.

Whit this, the possibilities are quite literally endless. Shop Expander also comes with a simple API, to allow other mods to add as many shop items as they wish.

(Gfycat may have eaten a few frames there...
This is supposed to be every item from vanilla,
Thorium, Calamity, Spirit and imkSushi's Mod
resulting in over 200 pages.)

The mod is currently maintained by @Exterminator, technical information and downloads available on GitHub: ExterminatorX99/ShopExpander
The old 1.3 version is available from the mod browser, or the old GitHub repo: DRKV333/ShopExpander

Last edited:
Omfg this mod is exactly what I was looking for when I realised... by now lol. This should have existed over a few years so we wouldn't regret losing what we accidentally have sold in the past.

Omfg this mod is exactly what I was looking for when I realised... by now lol. This should have existed over a few years so we wouldn't regret losing what we accidentally have sold in the past.
Well, just to clarify, the buyback buffer still doesn't persist after closing the shop. Though it wouldn't be impossible to make it persist. I might add this feature in the future.

hey will this work with fargos mutant mod?
Yes, it should work. None of the more content oriented mods I checked do anything funny with shops, that would stop this from working. Those NPCs with multiple shops like the mutant and the ones from Alchemist NPC should be fine too.

I got this too. It's weird. Everything else works flawlessly.
Does it happen all the time or just intermittently? What other mods are you using besides Shop Expander and Fargo's? I need more details to track this down.

Does it happen all the time or just intermittently? What other mods are you using besides Shop Expander and Fargo's? I need more details to track this down.
I'll try and take a look as soon as I can. My comp has been acting up quite a lot tho past couple days, so might be awhile before I can hop back in game and give you more details.

I'll try and take a look as soon as I can. My comp has been acting up quite a lot tho past couple days, so might be awhile before I can hop back in game and give you more details.
Alright, I'm not really in a hurry. :) But by the way you can just open up %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\enabled.json in a text editor to see what mods are enabled without even starting terraria. You can also just copy/paste the contents here, so you don't have to type the whole list.

The mod Rewards (the one whit the progresion points) seems to have the same problem as the hardmode fargo shop, its only one item in their shop when i try to buy anything

The mod Rewards (the one whit the progresion points) seems to have the same problem as the hardmode fargo shop, its only one item in their shop when i try to buy anything
That one happens because currently Shop Expander will only include one of every item type in a shop. So for instance, if two different mods add Suspicious Looking Eye to the dryads shop, this way it will still only show up once. The problem is, that in Rewards, all of the different packs actually use the same type. I might try to compare on something else instead, like display name. There is also a Mod.Call thing that Rewards could use to override this functionality, but I'll fix it on my end shortly.
I don't think this has anything to do with Fargo's. As far as I can tell it doesn't do any trickery with item types. @Fargowilta could you confirm this please? I have zero clue right now about why Fargo's isn't working for some people... :(

That one happens because currently Shop Expander will only include one of every item type in a shop. So for instance, if two different mods add Suspicious Looking Eye to the dryads shop, this way it will still only show up once. The problem is, that in Rewards, all of the different packs actually use the same type. I might try to compare on something else instead, like display name. There is also a Mod.Call thing that Rewards could use to override this functionality, but I'll fix it on my end shortly.
I don't think this has anything to do with Fargo's. As far as I can tell it doesn't do any trickery with item types. @Fargowilta could you confirm this please? I have zero clue right now about why Fargo's isn't working for some people... :(

Thanks for the attention, your doing a great work, ill hope that you could find the solution soon.

Btw, its there a possibility to make the same thing but whit town NPCs?
i mean expand the limit of listed npc when you have a lot of mods, because when you hit the limit, its imposible to select their houses :(

Back
Top Bottom